Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you're saying, River has some nice "family moments" but was not as big a portion of the game as Panam. Do consider that 80% of gamers are dudes, so that might have factored into the energy put into the characters.

Honestly, I find myself wishing a lot that the romance options didn't exist. I think people put too much energy into them, and they distract from the important elements of the game that need work like AI, interactivity, UI, etc.
The thing with the romance element though is that it's one of the best aspects of the game. Take a look at some of the threads that are going on 100k+ views...they did a (mostly) great job on this front and it's what quite a few want to see more of. That said, we know their focus is still on performance and anything related to content is down the road.

Game has worked fine for me, and I'm at over 400 hours played. Don't know what to tell you. What's wrong with taking the necessary time to finish the patch? Would you rather a patch that doesn't work because it was released early and was not ready?
Pretty sure he was accepting of the fact that the game is delayed. What he was saying was that some peoples expectations and standards are extremely low. Any other industry that delivers a broken product (not even gonna bring up the promises and delays) is held accountable, as per his example (the auto industry.)

With that said, why do we hold the gaming industry (and CDPR) to such low standards comparatively? It really doesn't make any sense. If we all held firm collectively and held the industry to a higher standard it would not be acceptable to release broken products that need to be patched a billion times to bring them to a mediocre baseline.

You can look at the first two pages of this thread to see plenty of people accepting of eating a poop sandwich and ready to ask for seconds and thirds. "Thank you, may I have another?" I really don't mean any offense to anybody. I think at the end of the day, we all want the same thing: Cyberpunk 2077 to be a world class game.

The thing with the romance element though is that it's one of the best aspects of the game. Take a look at some of the threads that are going on 100k+ views...they did a (mostly) great job on this front and it's what quite a few want to see more of. That said, we know their focus is still on performance and anything related to content is down the road.
Exactly that's why the fact they gave us a shit romance choice means that the game is about ruined for us, and they do not care, as long as men are happy and get what they want that's what matters. It's awesome seeing these huge threads about the romances and seeing other people who paid the same amount as you getting to enjoy the game while you don't. CDPR really owes us an apology but it will never happen. GamerGate never ended.

Pretty sure he was accepting of the fact that the game is delayed. What he was saying was that some peoples expectations and standards are extremely low. Any other industry that delivers a broken product (not even gonna bring up the promises and delays) is held accountable, as per his example (the auto industry.)

With that said, why do we hold the gaming industry (and CDPR) to such low standards comparatively? It really doesn't make any sense. If we all held firm collectively and held the industry to a higher standard it would not be acceptable to release broken products that need to be patched a billion times to bring them to a mediocre baseline.

You can look at the first two pages of this thread to see plenty of people accepting of eating a poop sandwich and ready to ask for seconds and thirds. "Thank you, may I have another?" I really don't mean any offense to anybody. I think at the end of the day, we all want the same thing: Cyberpunk 2077 to be a world class game.
it's world class game for many people, you just have to deal with it.

I've been hoping for the patch to come this week, like the rest of you guys, so to say i'm not disappointed would be a lie...

BUT, I SEE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! They're working on QoL and improvements it seems, and not just broken quests and technical issues, so i expect the next patch to include all kind of good stuff. So i'll wait in a corner with shiny eyes and a heart full of hope. Or something like that.

I have faith.

Exactly and this is why I'll never buy a game from..this game was [...] and its just one big continuous stream of excuses..they should of delayed the entire game till 2022..cause now its one big trash fire..

You both do realize game companies work on several projects at the same time right?
Also, the company was just victim of a criminal act, and as it seems, tons of documents and vital information is leaked online. With no company, no games at all, so instead..why not focus that anger on the people that committed the hack?

I've been hoping for the patch to come this week, like the rest of you guys, so to say i'm not disappointed would be a lie...

BUT, I SEE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! They're working on QoL and improvements it seems, and not just broken quests and technical issues, so i expect the next patch to include all kind of good stuff. So i'll wait in a corner with shiny eyes and a heart full of hope. Or something like that.

I have faith.
Can you explain to non gamer ne what a quality of life improvement would be?

Will have faith this means CDPR will try to truly make 1.2 a significant and much needed step in the right direction. Take your time.

Hoping certain bugs that has forced me to restart a total of 3 times are fixed, in particular the no quickhack access point bug and the no critical chance/damage on firearms bug.

Since many people seem to be ignoring the forum rules, which has resulted in a lot of removal, here is another reminder:

- always treat others with kindness and respect
- all discussion of moderation must take place in Private Messages (not in public threads)

Can you explain to non gamer ne what a quality of life improvement would be?

Well, don't quote me on that, since technically CDPR said they're working on quality improvements, but well, Quality of Life improvements would be something like, for example, crafting more than one item per click, minimap zooming out while driving, and all kind of things that smoothen the experience for the player and make easier to do things.

Hoping this means CDPR will try to truly make 1.2 a significant and much needed step in the right direction. Take your time.

Hoping certain bugs that has forced me to restart a total of 3 times are fixed, in particular the no quickhack access point bug and the no critical chance/damage on firearms bug.
It could be possible the code is just so bad that it can't be fixed. I am starting to be sus of that. But I know nothing about coding games.

Why don't you release a 1.15 patch with the fixes that are ready?
Also, you should reward your loyal fans, especially those who bought the game in gog day 1 (or preordered), who did not ask for a refund. You should start reclaiming your fans' trust.
Stop the excuses, fix the game, earn back our trust.

it's world class game for many people, you just have to deal with it.
Trust me, I do. If you enjoy the game to that extent, it really does not matter what I say and frankly, I don't care. My point was not to take enjoyment away from you.

IMO when objectively compared to other games, its lacking in basic components (ex. AI). If you subjectively think its the best game in the world, do you. Enjoy (y)

I hear what you're saying, River has some nice "family moments" but was not as big a portion of the game as Panam. Do consider that 80% of gamers are dudes, so that might have factored into the energy put into the characters.

Honestly, I find myself wishing a lot that the romance options didn't exist. I think people put too much energy into them, and they distract from the important elements of the game that need work like AI, interactivity, UI, etc.

This is tortured logic. Perhaps 80% of gamers are dudes because the games from their inception have been tailor made for them.

This is as if I made only talk shows on TV because I say 90%+ of the audience is female. Except once you start making UFC shows and sports, TV viewership participation by males shoots up.

Well, don't quote me on that, since technically CDPR said they're working on quality improvements, but well, Quality of Life improvements would be something like, for example, crafting more than one item per click, minimap zooming out while driving, and all kind of things that smoothen the experience for the player and make easier to do things.
Ah OK, yeah things like that would definitely make a difference, I really hope they actually fix some of those things

It could be possible the code is just so bad that it can't be fixed. I am starting to be sus of that. But I know nothing about coding games.
It certainly has plenty of issues! But both those bugs were actually introduced in previous patches...perhaps partly a reason for this delay. Nothing is as frustrating as a broken game breaking further by supposed fixes.
Post automatically merged:

I was about to suggest some of those. Disassembling hydration, even nourishment, items quickly, or converting them to a uniform type would be another (either through low Technical perk or open for all). Better map in general where you see the difference between buildings and alleys for instance and that has stuff like elevators marked. Map with specific location names + type icon instead of the superfluous generic type name + type icon now. Better GPS tracking on mini-map. More responsive call vehicle etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom