Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys and best of luck. Let me add to your turmoil tho. It would be awesome if one of the improvements is a garrotte kill move in stealth for the cyber-wire, instead of just using it as a whip. Oh, and making throwing knives recoverable would be awesome too. :ok:

Ok! While they take there time I want CDPR to add on the 1.12 to FIX the graphics option menu on the XBOX ONE, the Film Grain ain't working. It's to grainy, the roads, sidewalks,cars and some buildings and etc. please CDPR fix this 🙏🏻

How interesting.

Wonder if there's any truth to this.

There definitely is, considering the Gwent team at CDPR were not able to update weekly Journey Story since the hack, which means they have no access to the servers yet.
So if they can't update a live service game, nobody else has access to the servers from home either, including all Cyberpunk staff.

Ok! While they take there time I want CDPR to add on the 1.12 to FIX the graphics option menu on the XBOX ONE, the Film Grain ain't working. It's to grainy, the roads, sidewalks,cars and some buildings and etc. please CDPR fix this 🙏🏻

By taking their time.... you mean deal with legal matters, police reports, net security, trying to keep their employees safe, trying to get their created work back from black market sales and the spreading of employees personal information?

Or did you miss the current event? The company got hacked. They have had their property stolen.
Priority is not patching right now, it is saving the company and the IP´s.

Last edited:
You can look at the first two pages of this thread to see plenty of people accepting of eating a poop sandwich and ready to ask for seconds and thirds. "Thank you, may I have another?"
Some of us have just learnt to accept the situation as it is. No amount of criticism or negativity is going to get the patch out sooner so might as well try to keep spirits up.

It doesn't mean we like it, we just handle the same situation differently.

Thanks for keeping your players updated. It is much easier to understand and support a company that keeps the communication lines open, even if the news isn't necessarily what we want to hear. Given the cyber attacks, this was a rather foreseeable delay.

Keep working hard - and I hope that you can get a good, solid patch to us soon.
Post automatically merged:

Why don't you release a 1.15 patch with the fixes that are ready?

Patches don't generally work like that. Fixing one bug may cause bug(s) to show up in another area. Game code is connected in so many ways. It would likely take just as much effort and time to release a 1.15 patch as it would a 1.2 patch.

Last edited:
This is pretty disappointing. You can try to attribute the delay to the cyber hack but in reality the game was never done properly. It was supposed to be released in like April of 2020. You pushed back 8 months and still released basically beta version of a game. All of the well wishers seems to be mostly fluff posts saying they understand. By your next update you'll be at almost the 1 year mark past your initial release date and can anyone really say the game feels polished? While it sucks the hack happened this is not even your first time for that so obviously precautions weren't taken. At this time it feels like money wasted on the game because how much replay value is it going to have 12 months from now when updates are finally done and it's a version of the game it should have been on day 1. This hack will now be used as the go to excuse for the rest of the year on why everything else down the line will be delayed.

This is pretty disappointing. You can try to attribute the delay to the cyber hack but in reality the game was never done properly. It was supposed to be released in like April of 2020. You pushed back 8 months and still released basically beta version of a game. All of the well wishers seems to be mostly fluff posts saying they understand. By your next update you'll be at almost the 1 year mark past your initial release date and can anyone really say the game feels polished? While it sucks the hack happened this is not even your first time for that so obviously precautions weren't taken. At this time it feels like money wasted on the game because how much replay value is it going to have 12 months from now when updates are finally done and it's a version of the game it should have been on day 1. This hack will now be used as the go to excuse for the rest of the year on why everything else down the line will be delayed.

We also have a pandemic, and it has slowed down the world all and all.

Really, this constant complaints about them not being fast enough or good enough is really getting old. As for your comment on what was released and what people have given. Think about that another second at least.

You payed what...60 bucks for the game, and then, you sat down and waited.

The company has now lost millions of dollars, and their source codes are on the dark web, already sold as reported.
Do you have any idea on just the amount of financial crisis just one of these hacks caused CDPR, let alone two + all the staff information leaked?

All this, but a customer that sat and waited for the release should be prioritized over the crime and stolen property?
I hope you never experience having anything stolen, but if you ever do lose your phone or a car, give a second to imagine being CDPR right now.

A recent article by Jason Shrier reveals that because of the hacks, CDPR staff were forced to send in their PC's to IT for clearance of malware. They effectively lost 2 weeks of work from home ability due to this fiasco. It's just adding more to the trash pile.

I guarantee you this hack wouldn't have even happened if they hadn't garnered such ill will across the globe after their scummy release.

120 hours played, done every mission, one assault still bugged out by Corpo Plaza because I looted the cop with the assault item before having the street cred for the assault to become active, so it's never completed.

Then 18 points in Tech wasted because I can't buy the legendary armor craft specs because they disappear after your first visit to the vendor and never come back regardless of time skips or save reloads...

We went from delayng the game to delaying the patch for the delayed game.
We are in early access anyway might aswell test the game for free a little longer.
My enjoyment is delayed

The game is great, the open world provides more than enough things to keep me amused. I can easily wait for time required for QA. I think you understate the difficulty and mind blowing complexity creating and maintaining this game. I appreciate the herculean effort and enjoy the immersive environment regularly.

I guarantee you this hack wouldn't have even happened if they hadn't garnered such ill will across the globe after their scummy release.

What we aren't going to do around here is, blame the victims. Nope. Lacks respect - and appreciation for what those who've had to deal with this have endured. If you don't like how CDPR treated you, don't then do the same yourself.

Companies are hacked constantly, steadily. This isn't even CDPR's first time. Simple truth is - if your property has value, it is a target for thieves.

I'm still looking forward to what CP2077 can become. The hack was unfortunate, but it's happened, it's done, it's in the past. Harden your network, and back into the fray you go. I can only hope that aside from bug fixes, this slowly becomes the RPG it was supposed to be, with the missing content returned to it. It's there somewhere, the game we all were promised.

What we aren't going to do around here is, blame the victims. Nope. Lacks respect - and appreciation for what those who've had to deal with this have endured. If you don't like how CDPR treated you, don't then do the same yourself.

I don't agree with the ridiculous notion that the hack was either faked or deserved, it was a criminal act and should be treated as such, however after seeing weeks of some PC elitist on this site console shaming and blaming console users for their choice of hardware and that narrative being allowed to propagate, maybe those being so quick to claim we should all show empathy for a company that sold a bum product should remember that the customers were hard done by in the first place.

While I agree with you, in the same sense, you have to understand that people doing that do not understand or even know what the implications of this are. Thus, they can't really consider them.

Consequently, telling them to set aside their petty wants and needs will mostly antagonize them.
I explicitly made mention of a sentence that compares it to your house being robbed. I have to assume people understand that, right?

Which is also what made me quote that specific post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom