Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Take your time and wow the hell out of us with 1.2! I bought the stadia and ps4 copy. I held on to both of them. No refund requested. Don't let me down!

Trust me, I do. If you enjoy the game to that extent, it really does not matter what I say and frankly, I don't care. My point was not to take enjoyment away from you.

IMO when objectively compared to other games, its lacking in basic components (ex. AI). If you subjectively think its the best game in the world, do you. Enjoy (y)
Other games objectively lacking many basic components of Cyberpunk ( ex: level design, quality of voiceacting, scale of the detailed city). I don't want to take enjoyment away from you, but if you play games with story written for 12 years old, failing missions because you decided to take few steps left or right and playing in cities who can, at best, imitate large village but not full city) and still can have fun, then it's great! Enjoy!

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
So basically what your saying is we should not believe a word you say! This is exactly the way to rebuild your reputation for sure.

Hey in one of the Night City Wire episodes you said we could finish the game without doing the main mission. So how? Cause I've tried and you can't. Seriously why do you people at CDPR lie through your teeth so much? Does it make you feel powerful or you just like making all the people who were once your fans, hate you?

No need to answer it would just be more lies.

So basically what your saying is we should not believe a word you say! This is exactly the way to rebuild your reputation for sure.

Hey in one of the Night City Wire episodes you said we could finish the game without doing the main mission. So how? Cause I've tried and you can't. Seriously why do you people at CDPR lie through your teeth so much? Does it make you feel powerful or you just like making all the people who were once your fans, hate you?

No need to answer it would just be more lies.
You can end game without finishing main mission: suicide ending.

Work as long as you need. Just don't make false promises and excuses. If you would said 2nd half of March initially, there would not be any negative, but now feels, that CDPR is off of control of Cyberpunk and don't have clear plans with realistic shedules about his future. Too much aspect for many platforms need to be worked.
Meh, if you could release it 1 year later... but we understand, this release date was not your choice.

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
This is becoming a trend. Promise. Break promise. Delay and then underdeliver.
A joke indeed.

Companies are hacked constantly, steadily. This isn't even CDPR's first time. Simple truth is - if your property has value, it is a target for thieves.
Ok, I can tell you right now this is blatantly untrue. Most companies are attacked constantly, very few companies are actually hacked, even fewer several times.

I, myself, work for a very large financial company. We are attacked daily. We have never lost any data. Ever.

We have several silos within the company and several levels of different databases within these silos. Every silo only has a few key people with full access, the rest has limited access to the part they need. No single person has access to more than one silo, not even the IT guys. We do daily backups to an external partner of our entire database in the eventuality that some part of it would be lost to attacks. The worst that has happened to us is local computers being infected/locked (we do not save data locally). These computers are immediately replaced and backed up from the previous day. Usually we lose less than a few hours of data.

We work with SLA:s to gigantic clients. We do not measure downtime in weeks, we measure it in minutes per year.

Do NOT insinuate being hacked is normal. It is not.

It's fine by me to wait. Better get your security up to par, and do the patch right. I'll finish the game later. In the meantime I have work to do, and other games on my backlog.

But CDPR better deliver on the patch -- the last patches 1.1-1.12 fixed a few things but broke others to the point I can't play the game anymore if I do any hacking/pinging during a mission/gig. If I just idle, the image quality and FPS are nicely improved, but if I do anything of what I said, the FPS go down to single digits. Yes, my PC is not up to par, but it is above the minimun requirements, and though not the nicest looking game, I was playing comparatively smoothly up until patch 1.06.

Still, I can wait, as long as you all at CDPR do things right -- especially on the managerial side of the company. And though the game is not what you promised, beneath all there is still a pretty good game waiting to come out. So take your time, but do deliver.

We do not measure downtime in weeks, we measure it in minutes per year.

I'm reminded of one of my worst incidents where our systems were compromised and which involved a few hours' downtime, much of which was travelling to the office. I remember the day pretty well because I wondered why the train into London was full of sweaty journalists on a Sunday; it was the same day the news of Diana's death broke. I suppose at least it rather overshadowed my embarrassment at my network being pwned (not sure whether or not it was worse that it was hacked by some script-kiddie; his attempts to nuke the logging didn't entirely work out and the still-intact command history showed he had no clue what he was doing).

Thanks for the update - much appreciated! And yeah, as many others have already said - take all the time you need this time to do it right. Everyone who already loves the game will probably understand and be thankful. :)

We work with SLA:s to gigantic clients. We do not measure downtime in weeks, we measure it in minutes per year.

1. Please don't tell people what to say or what not to say - it's rude. If you'd like me to clarify what I meant, ask. Please don't demand another poster behave in a certain way.

2. Companies, across the world, are being hacked every day. To varying degrees of success. https://cybersecurityventures.com/hackerpocalypse-cybercrime-report-2016/

"In 2019, the number of data breaches in the United States amounted to 1,473 with over 164.68 million sensitive records exposed. In the first half of 2020, there were 540 reported data breaches."

I have no idea what company you work for. Or if they've ever been successfully hacked. Suggesting it's not a steady, world-wide, constant very expensive problem is unrealistic. Law enforcement, commercial crime, cybercrime, insurance agencies and simple, easily-searched statistics disagree with you in multiple cases. That's why 2FA is more and more common; that's why such strenuous measures are taken to protect your data.

Being hacked is hardly "normal" but it is also a steady and increasing occurrence in the modern global climate.

Not sure what you're suggesting - that CDPR is a special case? That it is deserved? That they are to blame? That because your company, clients and/or you yourself haven't been subjected to this kind of thing, it's not an ongoing, global issue? You aren't clear on what you are saying, other than to tell me I can't say that companies are hacked every day and it is a steadily increasing issue.

"In 2019, the number of data breaches in the United States amounted to 1,473 with over 164.68 million sensitive records exposed. In the first half of 2020, there were 540 reported data breaches."

Not sure what you're suggesting...
You're proving my point here. 1473 breaches in the US (540 in 2020 so far). Sounds like a lot?

540 breaches, 10+ million companies. Like I said, it's very rare and very few companies are compromised.

I am not suggesting anything here. I am refuting your suggestion from your first post that being hacked is a common occurrence because your company has value. It's actually the other way around: the more valuable your company is, the more difficult it is to breach it.

1. Please don't tell people what to say or what not to say - it's rude. If you'd like me to clarify what I meant, ask. Please don't demand another poster behave in a certain way.

2. Companies, across the world, are being hacked every day. To varying degrees of success. https://cybersecurityventures.com/hackerpocalypse-cybercrime-report-2016/

I have no idea what company you work for. Or if they've ever been successfully hacked. Suggesting it's not a steady, world-wide, constant very expensive problem is unrealistic. Law enforcement, commercial crime, cybercrime, insurance agencies and simple, easily-searched statistics disagree with you in multiple cases. That's why 2FA is more and more common; that's why such strenuous measures are taken to protect your data.

Being hacked is hardly "normal" but it is also a steady and increasing occurrence in the modern global climate.

Not sure what you're suggesting - that CDPR is a special case? That it is deserved? That they are to blame? That because your company, clients and/or you yourself haven't been subjected to this kind of thing, it's not an ongoing, global issue? You aren't clear on what you are saying, other than to tell me I can't say that companies are hacked every day and it is a steadily increasing issue.
Hacking its not ok.

What would you blame CDPR for with this release?

Are they to be blame about anything?

I only played around 2 hours, at this point it's just better to wait a year, maybe a definitive edition or something similar with all the DLC, fixes. I just hate to play games that have huge potential, and be angry all the time when things don't work or are buggy, once I finish the story it's hard to come back, even when they change stuff, so better just wait and hope it gets to a point where it rises to the initial hype. PC player here, but I can't even imagine what they thought when they released on last gen consoles... In my opinion no matter the patches, the scope of the game is just to much for older gen, no matter the updates..

I only played around 2 hours, at this point it's just better to wait a year, maybe a definitive edition or something similar with all the DLC, fixes. I just hate to play games that have huge potential, and be angry all the time when things don't work or are buggy, once I finish the story it's hard to come back, even when they change stuff, so better just wait and hope it gets to a point where it rises to the initial hype. PC player here, but I can't even imagine what they thought when they released on last gen consoles... In my opinion no matter the patches, the scope of the game is just to much for older gen, no matter the updates..
They wanted the console money. That why they released even though they knew it not playable on old gen consoles systems.:rolleyes:

You're proving my point here. 1473 breaches in the US (540 in 2020 so far). Sounds like a lot?

Yes, yes it does sound like a lot. Trillions of dollars per year, world-wide. I notice you didn't mention that. Millions of records exposed. Companies being hacked, successfully, every day and many more attacked every day. Are you seriously suggesting cybercrime isn't a serious and growing issue? Come on.

Let's put it into perspective. The US has ballpark 330 million people. That's 33 times the number of companies you found, tiny and huge alike. Proportion wise, let's say each company is a person, getting hacked. That's, US population-wise, 48,609 people suffering from serious cybercrime every year. Only, many of those companies hold thousands and thousands of data records. Thus exposing millions of people and costing billions of dollars in the US, trillions world-wide.

So, yes, 1473 breaches, in the US, per year, are a lot.

Really, suggesting cybercrime isn't a big deal in 2021 is, well, yeah. Fairly unsustainable as an argument. CDPR got hit, again, they are a big, rich mark.

Edit: anyway, topic is Patch 1.2, not cybercrime prevalence. That's an ooops on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom