shadow run and cyberpunk hybrid.

+
cyber punk did definitely have some magic

There have been various non-canon sourcebooks or fan stuff written. There was a vampire line done and although it's officially published, it's very much not-normal-cyberpunk. Alternate world, rules, and so forth. Sort of like Cybergeneration or Hardwired.

Now whether you subscribe to the viewpoint that everything in the books has to be included or not, much of this stuff is contradictory. Hardwired's netrunning is very, very different than Cyberpunk 2020, for example. And the Night's edge stuff, well. That has vampires.

Regular Cyberpunk 2020 has no magic or psychic powers or anything like that. It's just like here only meaner and with cyberware. That' much of the charm.

If you have a reference contradicting this, that's cool. I thought I'd seen or read everything CP2020 did, but there is a loooot of stuff out there. I forgot how many Nomad tribes there were, for example. Not that nomads matter, of course.

granted, it was all active magic rather than passive magic, that is to say, man made magic rather than sympathetic magic.
Lettuce be cereal. Let's not conflate "technology" with "magic." Let's not insist on seeing something that is not there.

Your poll spears to be a paradox, so I don't know how to answer it. The question, as stated is how many people would want the hybrid, and I can only choose between 1 and 0. However it seems that only one person does want it. So I guess the correct answer would be one. But if I answer one, it will say 2. But then again I guess its not asking me what I want... but... but.. *explodes*

Also, stating the (thing that should be) obvious: EVEN IF there were enough of a demand to warrant a Cyberpunk / Shadowrun hybrid game, those are two entirely different licenses. Meaning: CDPR would have to work with the legal teames of two different entities (well, three, if you count CDPR themselves,) and try to work out something that makes everyone happy.

Not likely, 'specially if they're already starting development of CP2077.

As has been stated repeatedly, there are no magical, supernatural, or superhuman elements in the canon of Cyberpunk 2020, or its predecessor, Cyberpunk 2013.

The absolute loosest definition available was that you could use pick pocket and perform to do "stage magic". But thats not magic, there is nothing mystical about it, its a wanker in a bad outfit fooling rubes who want to be fooled.

Technically, with a high persuasion, pharmaceutical and perform skill you could convince people you were able to do voodoo, but even than it is just the power of suggestion and drugs.

Neither of these things are actually magic, and trying to present them as being representative of magic in Cyberpunk is really missing the point completely.

and the only time you will see elves running around is when some fruitcake pays for body sculpting... which makes them equivalent to a furry, or a larper., who takes things to far. That isn't magic either, that just some dude who takes playing dressup really really seriously... and will probably regret it deeply once he realizes no one will hire him, women outside the creepy circle won;t talk to him, and his parents talk about him in shamed whispers.

The fanzines Interface and White Wolf Illustrated each did their own articles bringing supernatural and psionic elements into Cyberpunk, In Particular the Cthulhupunk article was a fun read. And Ianus Books rented the Cyberpunk license to put out an entire series of books that brought magic, werewolves, vampires, psionics and other nonsense into Cyberpunk. But none of it was canon, and the vast majority of it was just plain awful. As has been said, all of these things were alternate world stuff, and are not part of the official setting.

The same goes for R. Talsorians Cybergeneration, which introduced nanite pased super powers. Not canon for Cyberpunk 2020, and while it used the cyberpunk 2020 setting as a base, it was a completely seperate game line altogether, it's already been stated that neither Cybergeneration, nor V3 and all of its whacky bullshit, will NOT be included in the video game, or the upcoming update to the tabletop game.

The fact that there is no magic, no supernatural, no superhuman, and no extraterrestrial bullshit in Cyberpunk 2020 is one of its main draws. If you want that in your game, there are plenty of avenues to include it, but none of them are official, and that is the way it should be, and the way it should stay.

Definitely had no magic in the RTG sourcebooks. Only Ianus pushed that out.

On the subject of Shadowrun in Cyberpunk 2077 with the creative direction coming from Maximum Mike, I doubt there will be any integration. If there is, you lost me as a player and buyer of the product.

People not agreeing with you doesn't mean we're thinking small; people not agreeing with you means we don't agree with you. As much as I like Shadowrun, it really is a cyberpunk/magic hybrid already. Just add CP2020 hardware with the web conversions and you have your shadowrun/cyberpunk hybrid. As for the video game version, you'll have to wait for a mod, if one ever shows. Or play Shadowrun Returns. I'm a backer! You?

Top Bottom