(SPOILER) After researching the endings...

+
...and having just completed most everything but the final quest(s), it appears there is no reason to keep playing. There are NO GOOD endings, you don't get to keep any good items or loot you pick up, and you're just sent back to your last save point prior to the final quest(s).

The game up to this point (300 plus hours) has been pretty good but could use a legendary police and raider helmet along with the opportunity to buy legendary armors/outfits/clothing of all kinds. Wow, what a letdown...

I will say the open world was cool, numerous gigs and police quests were cool. A 3rd person play with 1st person would be pretty cool too.

...and having just completed most everything but the final quest(s), it appears there is no reason to keep playing. There are NO GOOD endings, [...]

Hey, I couldn't disagree more ;). But I guess you'll find pretty much more pros and cons to your position over here: [SPOILER ALERT] ABOUT THE ENDINGS . I guess reading the last 200 pages there should do.

you don't get to keep any good items or loot you pick up, and you're just sent back to your last save point prior to the final quest(s). [...]

You get rewards in each ending, here an overview, that you'll keep.

Hey, I couldn't disagree more ;). But I guess you'll find pretty much more pros and cons to your position over here: [SPOILER ALERT] ABOUT THE ENDINGS . I guess reading the last 200 pages there should do.

You get rewards in each ending, here an overview, that you'll keep.

I've had Tank top, glasses, and gorilla arms for some time now. I also read where the Pride handgun wasn't appearing all the time for Xbox One users.

Well no, not entirely true. You are not sent back to a prior save, it just looks like it. You are sent back to the door but with a new save that only claims it's before the final mission. You do have items obtained from the mission and there is new content that is opened up after completing that mission, sadly not much content as of yet.

One area of content is Adam Smashers hideout.

Well no, not entirely true. You are not sent back to a prior save, it just looks like it. You are sent back to the door but with a new save that only claims it's before the final mission. You do have items obtained from the mission and there is new content that is opened up after completing that mission, sadly not much content as of yet.

One area of content is Adam Smashers hideout.

You are sent back to the door, before final mission. Granted, you have new items and options in Night City, but ...

because you die in all endings, it is quite obvious you are playing BEFORE final mission.

You are sent back to the door, before final mission. Granted, you have new items and options in Night City, but ...

Since it's all so ambiguous I absolved myself of frustration by deciding time travel is possible in NC.

Alt sends V back to the point of no return with loot from the future in hopes it will ripple through the game world and change the fate of V as they continue past the point of no return a second time to get back to the future. Unfortunately, Alt is unaware time travel back to the past creates a new branching timeline where V is inevitably going to die all over again.

And that friends is how you get carried away with a completely pointless post about time travel head canon. :)

I'm fine with not having an actual "good" ending. This is a game about shades of grey, not black or white. Nothing in the game goes the way you'd expect, from important characters deaths to the overall grim atmosphere. A happy, fairytale-like ending wouldn't fit. The "near good" ending (you know which one i'm referring to) is actually perfectly fine. It gives you hope, a new start for V, which is good enough in the doomed world that is the setting of CP.

I'm fine with not having an actual "good" ending. This is a game about shades of grey, not black or white. Nothing in the game goes the way you'd expect, from important characters deaths to the overall grim atmosphere. A happy, fairytale-like ending wouldn't fit. The "near good" ending (you know which one i'm referring to) is actually perfectly fine. It gives you hope, a new start for V, which is good enough in the doomed world that is the setting of CP.

"Shades of grey" doesn't means
"you die whatever you do"
, it means that things have a price.
The ending we got, considering the situation is clearly imposed to the player (because it could be avoided logically numerous times) is clearly just bad writing in a RPG.

+
From my perspective - I'm also satisfied with endings. No good one? So, life... But I'm not pretty convinced if there isn't 'good' one, sad, not happy - but still with some hope ahead! E.G. going with Aldecados outside NC, some hope sounds in the air, new opportunities, even to 'heal' V... That's my opinion. Summarizing - sad, very sad, nostalgic - but maybe 'good' some way?

"Shades of grey" doesn't means
"you die whatever you do"
, it means that things have a price.
The ending we got, considering the situation is clearly imposed to the player (because it could be avoided logically numerous times) is clearly just bad writing in a RPG.

Well, very dark shades of grey, i'll give you that :p

Anyway, i don't see this as "bad writing". Nowadays RPG is a label used to describe a wide array of sub-genres, from free-roam à la Skyrim to story-driven odisseys to turn-based tactical games. CP77 falls somewhere between the first two: it's a story-driven experience in a sandbox-like environment. The game follows a clear vision, narratively speaking, and that vision implies that, no matter what you do, you're still doomed and never completely safe. BUT, you can still end up with a downright bleak and tragic ending, OR with a slightly more uplifting ending that, while not "good" in the traditional sense, is in line with the vision of the authors and overall aesthetic of the original setting. So yeah, the shades of grey are there, just more towards the darker side than the bright one.

Last edited:
I love how my Fear The Reaper Ending at lv50 with full legendary armor, biomonitor, second heart, legendary satori at 20 body/20 reflex/18 tech/8 cool and 3800 armor I still can get easily flatlined and have to wait out biomonitor/second heart cd's on Very Hard.

Added to a Relic Malfunction mechanic that slashes down my max 907 health down to 700, and then decays to the 600's as time goes by and even lower and you can't heal back up as it caps how much you heal back up to.

Fine, it supposed to be the hard, secret ending.

But the rain of purples for disassembly for crafting components, the blade XP since I'm still stuck at lv18 blades without being able to unlock the lv20 blades perk despite playing Very Hard and doing every single side mission, assault, and event in the game.

Plus the 130k eddies deposited to your account after completing Don't Fear the Reaper at your mansion.

All that? Gets ghosted out as you're returned to the checkpoint of the point of no return without even doing you the courtesy of letting you keep the mats from the purple guns you broke down, the xp from doing the hardest quest in the game, or the cash.

So stupid, they should let players keep the rewards for successfully doing the hardest content in the game.

Epimorphosis perk, 3 ranks = heal to 100% outside of combat. That perk alone you should almost always be at your native 100% HP at all times when you not in combat, that means that the relic malfunction should not be nerfing you unless the devs are breaking their own mechanics.

Epimorphosis perk, 3 ranks = heal to 100% outside of combat. That perk alone you should almost always be at your native 100% HP at all times when you not in combat, that means that the relic malfunction should not be nerfing you unless the devs are breaking their own mechanics.

They are breaking it. The Relic malfunction CAPS your maximum HP, so the out of combat regen only heals you back to that maximum HP cap that decays over time in the mission.

You literally start capped around 700 HP and the more time passes the lower the cap goes to. By the end of the mission my cap was 574 HP down from my maximum HP of 900.

Medipacks won't change it. Eating food won't change it. The max HP increase consumable item does work and gives you some extra HP, but at a reduced effectiveness.

I am glad I had biomonitor and second heart, because at one point both were used to get past that room before Adam Smasher's fight where mobs swarm you from all 4 corners, and unfortunately in this game mobs can shoot from Pluto at full accuracy and through hard glass windows that you can't pass through yet still hit you.

Meanwhile Adam Smasher died in 7 seconds total while only managing to land a punch on me that took out 1/4 my HP. The game balance is completely out of whack where a group of mobs is way more dangerous than the last boss of the game.

Top Bottom