Epic and legendary weapons: what are we supposed to do with them?

+
Okay. I understand common, uncommon and rare. But I don't understand the epic, legendary, and Iconic. Well iconic seems to be rewards for special missions. Can the epic and legendary be scrapped for parts and you can make legendary iconic weapons? Right now I just store them in my apartment.

Legendary clothing, other then outerwear is cheap and not worth selling, also often comes with no mod slots. Those are only worth scrapping for components.

Crafting weapon/clothing mods, only costs common components but produces up to epic quality. Scrap the lot of it your not using.

So for instance, dying light is an iconic weapon. I can make it a legendary iconic weapon (cause I see it in my blueprints) but I have to have components, legendary components but I can either buy them, find them or break down a legendary gun I will not be using?

So for instance, dying light is an iconic weapon. I can make it a legendary iconic weapon (cause I see it in my blueprints) but I have to have components, legendary components but I can either buy them, find them or break down a legendary gun I will not be using?
Yup. That's right. But I apply a cost-benefit analysis. What I am usually short of are epic upgrade items. You can buy them from some vendors at E$250 each. So my rule of thumb is any epic item that sells for more than E$250 gets sold. Reason being that the $-value of the item is worth more than 1 epic upgrade item.

Iconic weapons are special versions of normal weapons, you should save those because once upgraded at higher levels, they completely break the game, but they aren't necessary for any encounter if you can't be bothered saving them. The rest you can nuke if you don't need them.

iCake

Forum veteran
Yup. That's right. But I apply a cost-benefit analysis. What I am usually short of are epic upgrade items. You can buy them from some vendors at E$250 each. So my rule of thumb is any epic item that sells for more than E$250 gets sold. Reason being that the $-value of the item is worth more than 1 epic upgrade item.

You can just mass craft that epic grenade that says that it explodes into 21 lasers (never actually used one). It costs 2 common and 2 uncommon components to craft one such grenade and with perks you can reduce the cost to one each. So I just craft like 500 of them and then disassemble to get my "fix" of epic components. Maybe an exploit, but I don't really care, the crafting is a drag as is already. Oh, yeah, if you're on PC get that instant crafting mod, will save you heaps upon heaps of time.

Yes, but for example with the "dying night" iconic weapon you can't just go from uncommon to legendary, you first need to upgrade to rare, then epic, and finally legendary.

To get components cheaper and easier to mass produce/farm I suggest to invest attribute points on technical ability, so you can level up your crafting, and also to activate the perks that gives/saves you more components.

To farm common/uncommon/rare components I suggest to get the "Uncommon Bounce Back MK.2" spec, so you can mass produce these and dismantle them:

To farm rare/epic components, get the "Epic CHAR Incendiary Grenade" spec:

To get cheaper legendary components, go to the ripperdoc Robert near the Kabuki market and buy the cheap "Legendary Beast Mode" crafting spec. If it's not available on the store, go outside, skip time 24 hours, and try again. Note you may need to do this a few times until it's available.

My tech ability is always the highest and I spend a lot of time crafting. I just want to do it more efficiently. I have the iconic moxie handgun and that has cleared missions for me. Thank you

What about the Legendary non weapons like the Samurai Records, what are they for?
There is a certain feature in which you get stuff like that is automatically converts it two components. I figure once you get some of those into your inventory that's where you get the components like legendary Epic and you're able to use it for crafting

There is a certain feature in which you get stuff like that is automatically converts it two components. I figure once you get some of those into your inventory that's where you get the components like legendary Epic and you're able to use it for crafting
But you have to buy them from the record store its not like you find them, its cheaper to buy actual legendary components.

What about the Legendary non weapons like the Samurai Records, what are they for?

Legendary junk items like the Samurai Records are for dismantling into item/upgrade components. If you do not have any perks in crafting, this is the only way you can reliably get legendary upgrade components.

For reference, I am at 120 hours on my second playthrough and I have self found 8 legendary upgrade components. My first playthrough I got 15 in 160 hours. The game simply does not hand you enough of them without taking advantage of broken crafting loops (where the component inputs are lower in quantity and rarity than the outputs).

You can get multiple copies of the records in 1 of 2 ways. The first (inconvenient) way is to reset the vendor (by skipping time and moving 150m away and back again).

The second (convenient) way is to perform a dupe glitch on a buy/sell terminal and buyback infinite copies of the record. You can do this with stacks of records too.

Either way, you pay full price for each copy of the record so if you plan to upgrade many legendary items by 10+ levels, its going to cost a lot of eddies.

Alternatively, if you are on PC you can acknowledge that crafting/upgrading is in poor health right now and simply add however many crafting components you want using Cyber Engine Tweaks to skip the tedium.

If you have max technical ability and crafting perks, you can get legendary item/upgrade components by crafting and dismantling a legendary grenade called Ozob's Nose.

Legendary junk items like the Samurai Records for dismantling into upgrade components. If you do not have any perks in crafting, this is the only way you can reliably get legendary upgrade components. For reference, I am at 120 hours on my second playthrough and I have self found 8 legendary upgrade components. My first playthrough was 15 in 160 hours.

You can get multiple copies of the record in 1 of 2 ways. The first (inconvenient) way is to reset the vendor (by skipping time and moving 150m away and back again).

The second (convenient) way is to perform a dupe glitch on a buy/sell terminal and buyback infinite copies of the record. You can do this with stacks of records too but you pay full price for every copy you buy back so it can get very expensive.

Alternatively, if you are on PC you can acknowledge that crafting/upgrading is in poor health right now and simply add however many crafting components you want using Cyber Engine Tweaks to skip the tedium.

If you have max technical ability and crafting perks, you can get legendary item/upgrade components by crafting and dismantling a legendary grenade called Ozob's Nose.

oh, thats dumb really dumb. i thought they would serve another purpose.

The most awful part about crafting is that you have to craft every single time and there isn't streamlining for multi-crafts.

You can break down legendary clothing for legendary components and use those to create a legendary weapon. Yes, this makes absolutely no sense at all, but it works. So far I haven't dismantled any legendary weapons, and very few epic weapons. I break down most of the rare weapons I find for parts, though, since the weapons don't sell for particularly high prices

You can also buy legendary components from some (usually dodgy) vendors – the braindance vendor in Jig Jig street sells them, and so does the gun seller in the carpark at Sunset Motel.

Some weapons allegedly fit into the slots on the wall in your stash room in your appartment, but I now have several legendary/iconic weapons, and so far none of them have gone there.

The whole crafting aspect of the game isn't well thought through, in my opinion. It's vastly over-simplified. The crafting in The Witcher III made a whole lot more sense – to craft some kinds of high quality sword you needed meteorite steel which you could craft from meteorite iron which you could craft from meteorite ore. But you couldn't craft a high quality gambeson out of meteorite steel, because gambesons are made of fabric.

Legendary junk items like the Samurai Records are for dismantling into item/upgrade components. If you do not have any perks in crafting, this is the only way you can reliably get legendary upgrade components.

You can get multiple copies of the records in 1 of 2 ways. The first (inconvenient) way is to reset the vendor (by skipping time and moving 150m away and back again).

You only have to exit the shop... skip 24hrs then re-enter to rebuy the records again

Top Bottom