Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4519094

yea it's all a matter of what we put on the x and y axis, the main point being delays tend to compound, there's a very important point to be made about that topic but not now .. and not in this thread ;)

No, the point being is that assuming and correcting isn't just something to brush off. The messaging matters.

The solution is:

1 - Forget the game on the first ps4 and xbox. (in any case we will come to the next generation).
2 - Focus on "bug" fixes and optimisation on ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
4 - Quickly add a minimum of content PC at the first time and after on console.
5 - Focus on optimisation next gen Ps5 and Xbox x series.

This is in my opinion what it is necessary to do so that everyone is happy !

The solution is:

1 - Forget the game on the first ps4 and xbox. (in any case we will come to the next generation).

2 - Focus on "bug" fixes and optimisation on ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
4 - Quickly add a minimum of content PC at the first time and after on console.
5 - Focus on optimisation next gen Ps5 and Xbox x series.

This is in my opinion what it is necessary to do so that everyone is happy !

Sony and MS don't allow developers to do that. If it doesn't work well on base consoles then the games aren't going back up on Microsoft/Sony for sale.

This game should never have been released on previous generation consoles in the first place. The game would've become a commercial success regardless, but it would have taken some more time given that next generation consoles needed a few more years on the market in order to complete the transition to next generation gaming.

The many wisdom traditions of the past have taught us that patience is a virtue.. unless you're a publicly traded company owned by shareholders who have no care for the actual quality of the product, but are only concerned with the immediate return on their investment.

This game should never have been released on previous generation consoles in the first place. The game would've become a commercial success regardless, but it would have taken some more time given that next generation consoles needed a few more years on the market in order to complete the transition to next generation gaming.

The many wisdom traditions of the past have taught us that patience is a virtue.. unless you're a publicly traded company owned by shareholders who have no care for the actual quality of the product, but are only concerned with the immediate return on their investment.

Agreed. But, hindsight is 20/20, the overall year has been sort of trying for everyone, and many things can go wrong with a project this size regardless of whether shareholders are involved or not. (If someone is a successful shareholder, they understand that patience is often needed to see any return at all, and trying to rush things can blow the whole investment.)

But what I'd like to point out the most is the logic behind the following:

1.) CDPR creates a massively anticipated game. Things don't work according to plan. It takes longer than intended.
2.) Many clamor and tap their feet impatiently because the game needs to be released already.
3.) The game is released...and there are some serious issues because it needed more time.
4.) Many of the same people are in an uproar because of the state of the game...calling it "rushed" and "incomplete".
5.) CDPR promises a patch, and sets out a plan. It doesn't work out as intended. Things take longer.
6.) Many of the same people begin to tap their feet impatiently again and sigh because it's taking so long...

And the circle continues:

1614313704642.png

Agreed. But, hindsight is 20/20, the overall year has been sort of trying for everyone, and many things can go wrong with a project this size regardless of whether shareholders are involved or not. (If someone is a successful shareholder, they understand that patience is often needed to see any return at all, and trying to rush things can blow the whole investment.)

But what I'd like to point out the most is the logic behind the following:

1.) CDPR creates a massively anticipated game. Things don't work according to plan. It takes longer than intended.
2.) Many clamor and tap their feet impatiently because the game needs to be released already.
3.) The game is released...and there are some serious issues because it needed more time.
4.) Many of the same people are in an uproar because of the state of the game...calling it "rushed" and "incomplete".
5.) CDPR promises a patch, and sets out a plan. It doesn't work out as intended. Things take longer.
6.) Many of the same people begin to tap their feet impatiently again and sigh because it's taking so long...

And the circle continues:

View attachment 11184784
Many clamor and tap their feet impatiently because the game needs to be released already.

Why it needs to be released if not ready, if not functioning ok on the hardware, if incomplete?
I dont understand.
They knew on consoles was really bad.
They said themselves will release when ready.

ya1

Forum regular
No PATCH NOTES from now on? Obvious but who cares? Just look at those masses bowing in appreciation, not even knowing what for.

frank.jpg

So what now, DLC train to the money?

Take your time and patch the game for PS4. Take as long as you want but give us a constant 30fps gameplay in PS4 base. You guys are talented enough to make this happen.

Many clamor and tap their feet impatiently because the game needs to be released already.

Why it needs to be released if not ready, if not functioning ok on the hardware, if incomplete?
I dont understand.

I would venture a guess that a 300+ million dollar project have one or a few people in higher positions that has a say in things. The coders at the company do not make that call as far as i know, so have you asked them?

I would venture a guess that a 300+ million dollar project have one or a few people in higher positions that has a say in things. The coders at the company do not make that call as far as i know, so have you asked them?
They said will release when ready. The big guys said this. Obviously not the coders.
"we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase.”
They admitted trying to hide the consoles performance and visual on consoles.

Last edited:
I know the hack sucks but
I believe it was a year ago the game was pushed back something about finishing touches putting pictures on walls and vases on tables. Then the game releases as early access at best, you put out a couple patches n fixes right away. It was great it was obvious the game was being supported. Then we wait.... and now all we have to show is a really good lesson in patience and another excuse.. Why not release what you do have fixed instead of making us wait more... like a sorry we didn't get more done but here's what we have.. we'll continue to put out fixes as we get them ready. Instead of trying to fix the entire game with a single patch..
How long was the game in development and we get a broken early access game but somehow you're gonna fix the entire game with one patch and another month is all that is needed. Just seems like more smoke being blown our way.
I'm sorry I love the game but I feel like this has been handled very poorly. Just my opinion and I'm sure its not a popular one. Beginning to lose faith in CDPR :(

They said will release when ready. The big guys said this. Obviously not the coders.

Then the people that would be able to answer this, will probably have a higher % of a chance to respond to an email to the board of directors. Also, as said multiple times already, the focus now is not anymore about patching or talking about that patch, because of the hack.

The people that did the crime, they are the ones that caused the pushing forward and postponing everything. Talking over and over about " Why was the game released now " is moot. It´s released, and cannot be un-released. Still, people stick to that question no matter the info they sent out.

It´s released, it need more time, but it IS released, so now, thanks to the hack, people will have to wait longer.

Then the people that would be able to answer this, will probably have a higher % of a chance to respond to an email to the board of directors. Also, as said multiple times already, the focus now is not anymore about patching or talking about that patch, because of the hack.

The people that did the crime, they are the ones that caused the pushing forward and postponing everything. Talking over and over about " Why was the game released now " is moot. It´s released, and cannot be un-released. Still, people stick to that question no matter the info they sent out.

It´s released, it need more time, but it IS released, so now, thanks to the hack, people will have to wait longer.
I respond to sigilfey who said"because the game needs to be released already."
And I asked why it needed to be released cuz I did not understood? What was the rush?

And I asked why it needed to be released cuz I did not understood? What was the rush?

I think he is referring to the general public saying over and over again that " the game needs to be released already " and such pressure will cause issues with stocks, shareholders etc. If the shareholders and stocks in the company starts to suffer from this, i suspect ( just my thought ) that it caused management to decide to release it early, before more internet rumors started to circulate that could cause more harm.

Just what i think personally.
We don´t know the whole story in this, and i am sure in time we will. Now is just not the time due to the hack.

I think he is referring to the general public saying over and over again that " the game needs to be released already " and such pressure will cause issues with stocks, shareholders etc. If the shareholders and stocks in the company starts to suffer from this, i suspect ( just my thought ) that it caused management to decide to release it early, before more internet rumors started to circulate that could cause more harm.

Just what i think personally.
We don´t know the whole story in this, and i am sure in time we will. Now is just not the time due to the hack.
So Its gamers fault they released a broken, unfinished, unplayable product. You really believe that for Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man Sky too?
Do you really think this kind of defense îs believable?
Nobody forced to put a release date out there.
Halo, Dying light, Vampire Bloodlines got delayed undefinately because they want to release a good product.

Last edited:

I dont understand.

There was no "rush" that I'm aware of. I believe you've missed the point of my post. Of course, a studio would not want to release something before it's ready. (As Iwinski himself said in the response video -- it was believed the work being done on the Day 0 patch would rectify the major issues with the game, and it would be ready for the launch date.) Technically, work can go on forever. Deadlines are a thing. Hitting deadlines is a goal. Don't want to delay too many times. Have to make a call, eventually.

My point is that many of the same players that are upset about how long something takes are also the same players that get upset when something is released too soon. I could use that as a textbook definition of irony.

The point, in plain terms, is that patience will be needed even if inconvenient. Rushing = mistakes. Time = solutions.

So Its gamers fault they released a broken, unfinished, unplayable product. You really believe that for Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man Sky too?

If you do some research on the general problem with games being rushed out, you would probably see a common thread in what´s happening. Some games are released badly, others are forced, some are released in panic.

They already released one video describing some of what happened and what mistakes they made, and if you have not seen that one i recommend it. That will shine some light on the question for you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom