[POLL] Does finishing quests feel rewarding to you?

+

Does finishing quests feel rewarding to you?

• Yes.

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • Yes, but not as much as the quests in TW3

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Yes, but only the main quests, and not as much as in TW3

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Yes, but sometimes they don't.

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • No, but sometimes they do.

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • No, they don't feel rewarding

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • No, I don't even recognize when a quest has been finished.

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Yes, but rather the side quests.

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • I don't play Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • No, but the game rewards you in another way.

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People in many areas of the Night City take back areas previously occupied by gangs.
Not as far as i ve seen it, gangs just respawned on the spots i fought them.
But i trust your word on this, however it doesn't change the fact that CP77 is crippled
by the "DEAD" city. By dead i mean not interactive/ responsive as it should be.

Not as far as i ve seen it, gangs just respawned on the spots i fought them.
But i trust your word on this, however it doesn't change the fact that CP77 is crippled
by the "DEAD" city. By dead i mean not interactive/ responsive as it should be.
There's fake music event run by certain faction and then after taking them out for some reason I visited that location again and people were having real music event there. It doesn't happen in every location, but for many it does. The feeling the impact things and the whole dead city thing, there are about 7 million people living in Night City and V is one mercenary.

Perfectly possible to create story where player action is mirrored everywhere. To make that feel like a city of 7 million might a bit difficult then though.

Ofc not ALL of the millions of ppl will recognize you... but once your StreetCreed gets up
read what the sign says in your Inventory screen... it pretty much describes how other mercs
fixers and "clients" SHOULD react to you.... yet they do not. Which is my point here.
Trust me, compared to W3, CP77 is (at best) half of it. CP77 suffers severly from that
non interactive / reacting world.

What music event you mean? The Scavs on the BEACH? Generic Respawn, or second conflict
mission?

DC9V

Forum veteran
That's interesting. Which areas do you mean?
e.g. The Foodscape in Little China, Watson.
1.png2.png3.png4.png

Last edited:
e.g. The Foodscape in Little China, Watson.
Thank you for the information. I'll try to find out how it works in this specific location.

There's fake music event run by certain faction and then after taking them out for some reason I visited that location again and people were having real music event there. It doesn't happen in every location, but for many it does.

Do you remember some of these locations? I'd like to check how (and if) this mechanic works.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Thank you for the information. I'll try to find out how it works in this specific location.
glhf! I think interactive dumpsters are an indicator of such locations.
The Foodscape is right behind the travel point "Farrier ST"
5.png

Last edited:
What music event you mean? The Scavs on the BEACH? Generic Respawn, or second conflict
mission?
No, though that may happen on those locations too. I meant event in Santo Domingo. On some places even in Santo Domingo gangs respawn, but not everywhere there. That's how I started to notice.

No, though that may happen on those locations too. I meant event in Santo Domingo. On some places even in Santo Domingo gangs respawn, but not everywhere there. That's how I started to notice.
Ahhh you mean the 6th Street thing, okay... still scripted, ofc ppl go there "after" the event is over.
Oh and no it doesn't happen in other places, the scavs i refered to spawning at pacifica beach.
Next place i thought off was the Mealstorm Totantanz thing, but outside of scripted quest.
Same generic respawn, there is no "real" impact of your doing of things in this world.

Ahhh you mean the 6th Street thing, okay... still scripted, ofc ppl go there "after" the event is over.
One I mentioned first is actually Scav operation on their turf. But for means and purposes for showing player actions in the world, I don't see scripting being any sort of issue. Maybe some super AI could make it more dynamic but I just don't see from end user perspective how that would look any different.

The gigs in this game are a joke. Half the time you don't even know what's going on. I'm not going to read through a wall of text just to understand why "character A" wants "character B" dead.

I voted yes but sometimes no. I feel one thing lacking in the gigs was connectiveness to what was going on.

This would have taken more time but no more resources to do:

I would have liked RECON play time for the gigs. Get on your computer at home and look at google type maps of the location. PRE hack some of the systems maybe to see thu some of the outside the cameras. Some of the text from the fixers could be in records and documents you get on line.

This stuff is already made for the game, it would not have spoiled the gig because things like looking thru the outside cameras is the same as standing on the next building looking at the same thing. But it would have added so much more playtime and immersion and maybe better understanding of what the gig has to offer. This defiantly would have made me more invested in the hacking part of this game.

RE: Poll question
Depends how hard the fight. If it's particularly hard, then there's a "YES!" moment. Otherwise they are a bit "Meh..."
Romance quests are more rewarding, you get a bit of lurve at the end. Only joking... kinda.

Depends on your definition of rewarding which is a really broad term..
Like I enjoyed the experience of most of the side quests (providing there weren't any massive bugs) and definitely the main story quest lines but they often didn't didn't provide anything of value for my playthrough other than eddies for the most part.

What I personally enjoyed about quests was when they included or recognised other quests that I had completed, or if I had been there before.
E.g. Dealing with woodman after dealing with another club in Kabuki you can threaten him because you've completed that side mission.
Or during 'Riders of the storm' if you've explored that area before V states 'I've been here before' and Panam replies with something along the lines of 'Good lets make it 2 times you get out of here alive' or something.
Another example is Wakako Okada just handing you the BD if you've done enough side missions in the area, you don't have to pay for it.

There are plenty more examples but you get the point xD

DC9V

Forum veteran
[...] I'll try to find out how it works
This area is an underpass in Northside, close to A. Waterfront and Little China
photomode_28022021_110450.png
photomode_28022021_110536.png

asdsfdnjkvvv0.png

I noticed that many places that seem to be occupied by Mälstrom are empty, but there are Mälstrom tags everywhere. It might be because of a decision that I made during the main quest.

Last edited:
"[POLL] DOES FINISHING QUESTS FEEL REWARDING TO YOU?"

Yes, but not so much rewarding, but more satisfying, as I still experience new outcomes for the first time.

P.S: Anyone took the effort to count how many main, side jobs, gigs and blue skulls there are in total?

Top Bottom