• We'll just have to wait and see

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I don't have the money for further investments

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I'll keep playing on PS4 / Xbox one anyway

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I wish I could buy a PS5 but it's out of stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I found a legal way around the problematic (stock trackers, email notifications)

• I don't care about radio waves

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I've tried cook groups and sneaker bots / retail bots

• I'm willing to pay a premium or even a scalper price

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I'm a hacker and I can "buy" anything

• Total voters

DC9V

Forum veteran
  • A chip shortage that started in a surge in demand for personal computers and other electronics for work or school from home during the pandemic now threatens to snarl car production around the world.
  • Semiconductors are in short supply because of big demand for electronics, shifting business models which include outsourcing production, and effects from former President Donald Trump’s trade war.
  • Chips are likely to remain in short supply in coming months as demand remains higher than ever.
It seems like this remains a problem in the near future.
What's your way to deal with it?
Did you already manage to buy all the gear that you wanted?
Will you continue to play Cyberpunk on PS4 / Xbox One?

Maybe an idea to make a poll?
Possible answers
- play on last gens.
- i have apt PC
- shelved until available again
- other

Whatever you can think of as possible alternatives.

For me: I play on both PS4 and PC (med settings mostly)
From which this is an example visually
photomode_24022021_215728.png

Versus this on PS4
Because_we_do_what_we_want.jpg

And I see no change coming anytime soon. :)
Post automatically merged:

In addition: the point of the visuals is that I personally see no (what is word) substancial difference that pulls my out of the experience on either platform. And also performance wise I'm not hindered by any gamebreaking issues or other.
So in regards to the PS5 question: I cant see a reason atm why I would even want one.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Maybe an idea to make a poll?
Possible answers
- play on last gens.
- i have apt PC
- shelved until available again
- other

Whatever you can think of as possible alternatives.

For me: I play on both PS4 and PC (med settings mostly)
From which this is an example visually

And I see no change coming anytime soon. :)
Post automatically merged:

In addition: the point of the visuals is that I personally see no (what is word) substancial difference that pulls my out of the experience on either platform. And also performance wise I'm not hindered by any gamebreaking issues or other.
So in regards to the PS5 question: I cant see a reason atm why I would even want one.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I've added a poll.

iCake

Forum veteran
How would I deal with it? Just be happy with 1080p gaming and sit on my RTX 2060 Super for the time being while praying to God it won't burn out any time soon. One thing for sure though, I am not making any console my main platform and before you ask, no, I'm not a PC elitist and I like consoles, used to play on them exclusively for like 10 years plus.

I was and will always be a PC Player.
As for the matter of hand... you can thank the scalpers for not being able to
buy a PS5, or only have heavy overpriced offers on EBay and so on.

It is the same right now for GPUs on PC, just an absolute outragous situation.
I was tempted once or twice to get a console, specially when i see games like
Horizon Zero Dawn, or Ghost of Tsushima, but the closed DRM concept and
the exclusive games BS always ll drive me off.

So, Dec 10 is my birthday, so CP2077 released on my birthday. I had a 1080 card, and I was so stoked for the game, that I said "fuck it, it's my birthday" and paid scalper pricing (about $1200) for an Asus TUF 3080 and had it for launch day.

Now I'm actually kind of glad I did, prices have gotten worse if anything, and at least I have a really great card that can weather the storm for a few years if necessary.

I've been in the process of buying a new house since july 20, buying a Ps5 or Series X is the last thing on my mind. And at this point, I may take the money I get from selling my current house and buy a PC, then get a PS5 next year or something ( i see no point in the Series X).

Chip crisis? I'll go plant some more potatoes for sony!

As for actually how to deal with it, well easy, can't buy one so haven't bought one. Sounds like it might be wise to give it a couple of versions / model tinkers before picking one up anyway, launch consoles are usually not the best and for sure this PS5 seems to fit that description. No rush, CP hasn't been upgraded for it yet anyway!

I do have a PS5. AND an Xbox series X.

No option for that in the poll.

P.S. no scalper or anything weird, I pre ordered both. PS5 was harder (in 10 minutes it went sold out), for Xbox I found it even few days after it was available.

1. I still have a small backlog on my PS4
2. I still have a huge backlog on my PC
3. I will gladly wait out the problems first version of the new console might have
4. There are not next gen titles on PS5 anyway

So not that much of a deal, my PS4 and PC with GTX1080 should still last me a year or two.

Always been a PC gamer first.

Always had a console too and it's been a Playstation since the PS2 for the few exclusives I'm interested in. As it stands there just isn't exclusive on the PS5 that interests me. Until Horizon Forbidden West that is which is still slated to release in 2021 but that could easily change.

Until then, my 1080TI and PS4 Pro are more than enough for the few hours of gaming I can actually cram into a week.