Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You're missing the point, again, and at this point I'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose. I am not claiming I know what the situation was. Quite the contrary - no one knows.

2. Most pre-orders were made a few days before release. As is always the case with any pre-order, the closer a game gets to release the more pre-orders there are. You can observe this fact with pretty much any game on Steam. CP2077 is no exception. CP2077 became the #1 top seller on Steam less than a week before release. Consequently, one can assume they didn't have the money until just a few days before release. It's not enough time to completely change your release plan - for any product.

3. You, or anyone else had no any idea how long the console release would've had to be pushed back so let me turn your question back on you. Who in their right mind thinks gamers and investors would be "happy" about the game being pushed back potentially several months, perhaps even a year? Furthermore, the PC release was also, arguably, not ready for release. Should they just delay everything? Should they release the PC version, which is also rather disappointing, and have console people see that and simply cancel their pre-order?
I under stand your not saying that is the case. But your proposing a theory.
Gamers and investors would be pissed.
But they would more pissed about a pr nightmare and gamers playing the game it was released.
Your ignoring my point.
Why would gamers and investors would be more pissed about a delay on old gen then the game being released the way it was?
Its about which theory makes more logic and sense.
Mine its more probable.
Plus my theory goes well with the rest of things cdprd did.
False advertisement, false promises, changing from rpg to action adventure Last minute, hiding the performance and visuals on consoles.

how is better to release a broken product and then face PR nightmare(knowing what happened with Fallout 76) then postponing a release to investors?
Does not make sense.
Its more probable although not certain that greed and evil was involved.
This idea is enforced by the premeditated action of trying to hide console performance.
Also seeing how in past companies after getting big the greed got the best of them.
i feel you took this out of context of the question i asked, while yes we should be pissed at the game CDPR gave us it's no reason to hate the company. some of the greatest games of all time came out completely buggy broken messes. Only with time could they become great. and one of the few things we can do that's constructive is share out experiences with the game let them know about the bugs and hope they fix it. Thinking about hitting two birds with one stone i asked people their favorite bugs to get their issues and have laugh while staying in forum regulations one of the things you do not do is.

• write about political, religious and other world-view topics; this does not apply to discussions about fictional topics connected with the worlds depicted in the CDPR products

I under stand your not saying that is the case. But your proposing a theory.
Gamers and investors would be pissed.
But they would more pissed about a pr nightmare and gamers playing the game it was released.
Your ignoring my point.
Why would gamers and investors would be more pissed about a delay on old gen then the game being released the way it was?
Its about which theory makes more logic and sense.
Mine its more probable.
Plus my theory goes well with the rest of things cdprd did.
False advertisement, false promises, changing from rpg to action adventure Last minute, hiding the performance and visuals on consoles.

I'm not proposing a theory. I'm proposing several, even said yours is possible, and saying there just as much chance that any of them are real. Because no one knows what was happening behind the curtain.

You're acting as if your theory is the one and only logical answer.

At this point it's obvious there is no point in discussing this further with you and we're both definitely into "personal skirmish" territory so I'll cut this short before moderators decide to get involved.

Agree to disagree! Have a good one.

how is better to release a broken product and then face PR nightmare(knowing what happened with Fallout 76) then postponing a release to investors?
Does not make sense.

Perfect timing, I don't believe you're taking into account the holiday sales that factors into the analysis, they maximized the sales numbers in the shortest amount of time.

If they were lacking in capital this would have been the right move to make purely from a financial point of view. PR can be fixed but a company on the running out of solvency is harder to fix with no product (GOG is not enough for an expanding CDPR).

Cyberpunk 2077 becoming one of the best selling titles ever clearly shows that they made the right financial choice, now if it's only short term we will see.

Its more probable although not certain that greed and evil was involved.

Pure speculation and conjecture on your part and it adds nothing to the discussion at hand I'm afraid.

This idea is enforced by the premeditated action of trying to hide console performance.
Also seeing how in past companies after getting big the greed got the best of them.

Like the posters above me kindly pointed out, greed and refunds don't go hand in hand, now one could argue that they were legally forced to, but since no lawsuits based on false marketing could stand on their own too feet I believe legal pressure is out of the question.

It seems to me like a calculated risk, greed simply doesn't make sense here since they tarnished their good reputation offered refunds at their own detriment (being pulled from PS Store is a big one) and seen a massive drop in sales on the first gen consoles (which is a large section of the market).

I'm sure that all of that could have been anticipated considering they had internal access to the v1.0 build of the game and they clearly knew what state it was in, I'm sure CDPR management doesn't believe in magic, neither them nor their analysts.

There are numerous things handled poorly from players (customers) perspective. Now is obvious that at time when was announced game release was this game quite far from "usable" product. This is bad starting point to make right decisions and even worse from view of expecting good outcomes. Patch 1.2 is sadly following similar pattern, but is fair to say that is hard to predict that company will be hacked. Nevertheless it would be nice if there would be given fairly soon informations what can be expected in coming patch. Is obvious that not everyone will be happy, but this will happen, there is no way how to avoid this. On the other side it maybe could be at least little step towards honest communication with players in terms what reasonably they can expect.

Perfect timing, I don't believe you're taking into account the holiday sales that factors into the analysis, they maximized the sales numbers in the shortest amount of time.

If they were lacking in capital this would have been the right move to make purely from a financial point of view. PR can be fixed but a company on the running out of solvency is harder to fix with no product (GOG is not enough for an expanding CDPR).

Cyberpunk 2077 becoming one of the best selling titles ever clearly shows that they made the right financial choice, now if it's only short term we will see.

Pure speculation and conjecture on your part and it adds nothing to the discussion at hand I'm afraid.

Like the posters above me kindly pointed out, greed and refunds don't go hand in hand, now one could argue that they were legally forced to, but since no lawsuits based on false marketing could stand on their own too feet I believe legal pressure is out of the question.

It seems to me like a calculated risk, greed simply doesn't make sense here since they tarnished their good reputation offered refunds at their own detriment (being pulled from PS Store is a big one) and seen a massive drop in sales on the first gen consoles (which is a large section of the market).

I'm sure that all of that could have been anticipated considering they had internal access to the v1.0 build of the game and they clearly knew what state it was in, I'm sure CDPR management doesn't believe in magic, neither them nor their analysts.
you said: "Perfect timing, I don't believe you're taking into account the holiday sales that factors into the analysis, they maximized the sales numbers in the shortest amount of time.
"

Your proving my theory.
they did not posponed on old gen consoles because they did not want to lose the winter sale. Therefore greed. They cared more about money then gamers.
I said this few post back.
But aagain they could have released on pc and next gen console and delayed on old gen.
This would have some brought them some money(500 million) and not screw old gen console players by releasing broken product.

you said: "Pure speculation and conjecture on your part and it adds nothing to the discussion at hand I'm afraid."

My theories are speculation, but your aren't. How come?
I said my theory is more probable.

you said: "Like the posters above me kindly pointed out, greed and refunds don't go hand in hand, now one could argue that they were legally forced to, but since no lawsuits based on false marketing could stand on their own too feet I believe legal pressure is out of the question."

Greed and preorders, false advertising, false promise, trying to hide console performance to to not hamper sales go hand in hand.
Offering refunds after such big clusterfuck its not making them caring about gamers.
Just saving face.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not proposing a theory. I'm proposing several, even said yours is possible, and saying there just as much chance that any of them are real. Because no one knows what was happening behind the curtain.

You're acting as if your theory is the one and only logical answer.

At this point it's obvious there is no point in discussing this further with you and we're both definitely into "personal skirmish" territory so I'll cut this short before moderators decide to get involved.

Agree to disagree! Have a good one.
I am sorry but i don't believe someone can think seriously that gamers and investors would be more pissed about a delay on old gen then the game being released the way it was?
Cannot do it.

Honestly the game is really great. The amount of controversy the game is getting seems to be media BS. CDPR is handling the problems professionaly. If you play the game especially without expectations.. it's stunning. People need to have more patience. I have a song for you..

Your proving my theory.
they did not posponed on old gen consoles because they did not want to lose the winter sale. Therefore greed. They cared more about money then gamers.
I said this few post back.
But aagain they could have released on pc and next gen console and delayed on old gen.
This would have some brought them some money(500 million) and not screw old gen console players by releasing broken product.

Seems like you have insider information on how a company should be run, I'd like to hear more.

My theories are speculation, but your aren't. How come?

Never claimed such a thing.

I said my theory is more probable.

This is what I meant about conjecture, yes it's more probable to you in your mind's eye, in my mind's eye it's not, it doesn't make any sense purely from a greed, evil corporation etc. point of view.

It's juvenile and I'm sure we live in a world where CEOs make decisions based on data and statistics - not twirling a moustache grinning at a sack of cash.

Greed and preorders, false advertising, false promise, trying to hide console performance to to not hamper sales go hand in hand.

False advertising is plain wrong though, this is not an opinion, this can be followed up in court, considering the backlash regarding this game the fact that there are no filed lawsuits on false advertisement claims proves it's not sustainable so I'd drop this one if I were you.

False promises have been debated over and over again and the general consensus seems to be that people just take whatever they want out of it whenever it suits them the best, it's marketing, it's everywhere take it as you will.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ing-the-truth-you-just-didnt-listen.11080106/

Ultimately there's no defending the state of the game on any platform, but especially on the first gen consoles.

I'm arguing outside of my personal position on the game, this is not about you and me, this is about a decision that has been made behind closed doors.

Our personal feelings have no place in this argument.

Offering refunds after such big clusterfuck its not making them caring about gamers.
Just saving face.

Perhaps, does it change anything?

Thanks for keeping at it anyways, even after such a massive data theft occurred
I played through on a 1st gen xbone, loved the game regardless of the issues, the world you've built is truly involved and engaging, and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us in future DLC

It would be better to dedicate it to improving the game and preparing the multiplayer. 20% of sales do not think it compensates for all the problems that it is causing them.

They should ditch MP and focus on fixing what people have already paid for. If they can't get SP to work with this game, they don't have a prayer of getting a MP version to work, I'd imagine that would be even more complex.

They should ditch MP and focus on fixing what people have already paid for. If they can't get SP to work with this game, they don't have a prayer of getting a MP version to work, I'd imagine that would be even more complex.

It really depends on what the MP plans are.

I mean, as far as we know they could be going for some run of the mill deathmatch type game set in Night City.

If the plan is to re-create the SP experience in an MP setting while adding MP specific mission/activities (which seems probable considering the heist code that was left in the CP2077) the way GTA 5 did.... Yeah, that's far more complex and so far I have absolutely no faith they can pull it off.

Not just as far as creating a working MP game that works well with good quality content but also to keep producing quality content at a decent enough pace to keep the game relevant. Not to mention that is also far outside of their area of expertise. It took Rockstar 4 GTA games to jump in the online world and by that time they were experts at their craft. CDPR isn't.

But alas, they've already confirmed MP is still very much in the plans and a lot of the career opportunities they've opened are about MP. I have no doubt they're already working on it. I'm just hoping that whatever they're working on isn't to the detriment of the single player's game future.

But alas, they've already confirmed MP is still very much in the plans and a lot of the career opportunities they've opened are about MP. I have no doubt they're already working on it. I'm just hoping that whatever they're working on isn't to the detriment of the single player's game future.
This game is going to get some fixes and probably 2 or 3 single player DLC. After that, it is a dead game, like with The Witcher 3. This is probably according to a plan crafted years ago. Multiplayer is pretty much the only long term thing this game has going for it. The single player people will have moved on to other pastures by then.

I wouldn't expect tangible improvements on a time scale anything less than a year and thats assuming they go on a hiring spree to get the talent to build something the studio has never built before. There is also the realistic possibility that this never happens. Either way, don't hold your breath.

Agreed, depending on your definition of "tangible".

There is no doubt any serious changes will take serious time.

Looking forward to seeing this game evolve. I really hope it does. I've been playing since December and I've already noticed a few key fixes. Until then, see you in Night City!

Attachments

• photomode_20022021_200225.png
    photomode_20022021_200225.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
This game is going to get some fixes and probably 2 or 3 single player DLC. After that, it is a dead game, like with The Witcher 3. This is probably according to a plan crafted years ago. Multiplayer is pretty much the only long term thing this game has going for it. The single player people will have moved on to other pastures by then.

Not entirely true. Decent mod support could extend the game's life well into the next decade. There are already far more mods available for CP2077 than most games get without official and in-depth tools. The interest is there and so is the potential.

Regardless, my post was not about it not being "dead" after they release their planned DLC/expansions. Obviously an SP game has an end at some point. What I meant is that they haven't hit their sales target. Which means they haven't hit their profits target.
What I'm hoping for is that they don't invest too much of what money they did make into the MP to the detriment of the SP as in - provide us with sub par support and DLC/expansions for the SP game.

as I said before CDPR's main focus is to get Sony's permission to sell the game on the PS Store again.

Honestly the game is really great. The amount of controversy the game is getting seems to be media BS. CDPR is handling the problems professionaly. If you play the game especially without expectations.. it's stunning. People need to have more patience. I have a song for you..

Honestly, the game is not really great.

-Skill trees with useless, unbalanced and for the most part, boring perks
-Quests with plot holes
-Can't rebind keys for dodge and other mechanics
-World is pretty to look at but it's just a veneer
-Limited customization
-NCPD quests make no sense (sorry I didn't pick the vigilante lifepath)
-Main story arc is short and padded by randos who just call you when you're close to a quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom