Armadillo mod - the only viable choice?

+
On my 1st playthru I ran fortuna and other damage/crit mods on my armors. Beyond stacking only sometimes, not only did it not work as it was supposed to but it left me with almost no armor by the end game, leaving me to be basically insta killed by everything in the game.

2nd playthru, I'm purposefully stacking armadillos and after having thousands of armor, enemies do 1 damage per shot, regardless of their weapons, excluding melee.

Armadillo is so OP it's literally the only good choice of armor mod in the game. Change my mind :p

Last edited:
In 2077, the dog is no longer man's best friend; the armadillo is.

There are other useful mods (like "Coolit", if you don't have heat converter cyberware) that grant immunities or increase abilities, but in terms of out and out protection, armadillos are everybody's best friend, apart from V's enemies.

On my 1st playthru I ran fortuna and other damage/crit mods on my armors. Beyond stacking only sometimes, not only did it not work as it was supposed to but it left me with almost no armor by the end game, leaving me to be basically insta killed by everything in the game.

2nd playthru, I'm purposefully stacking armadillos and after having thousands of armor, enemies do 1 damage per shot, regardless of their weapons, excluding melee.

Armadillo is so OP it's literally the only good choice of armor mod in the game. Change my mind :p

armadillo is the basic. But putting 1 crit 1crit dmg is solid. Some of the other ones don't work properly, so its hard to say if they are worth it.

definitely they expect most of your mods will be armadilo. They put most of the defense in the mods, not the appearance

Yeah, I basically just keep stacking them on the clothing sets I like so that I'm not forced into wearing headgear.

The whole clothing mod system seems weird in concept. In your cyberware there is a slot to buff armor, so I don't understand why they didn't simply expand this a little so that clothing was purely cosmetic. When a rabbit-ear hat is more durable than a tactical helmet, it's an issue :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I basically just keep stacking them on the clothing sets I like so that I'm not forced into wearing headgear.

The whole clothing mod system seems weird in concept. In your cyberware there is a slot to buff armor, so I don't understand why they didn't simply expand this a little so that clothing was purely cosmetic. When a rabbit-ear hat is more durable than a tactical helmet, it's an issue :ROFLMAO:

hmm, probably because cyberware isnt supposed to be something everyone wants to go full borg on.

I use a combination of Armadillo and Backpacker and kinda balance them out so I'm not invincible and can still carry quite a bit. I really hate going through a building collecting weapons and stuff for me to run out of carrying capacity halfway through it. I collect just about everything and disassemble it to make more resources because once again I really hate to have to sit there for an entire day farming just to collect resources.

The whole system isn't fun. When it's a choice between "too weak to have fun, because of instant dying" or "too overpowered to have fun, because of being invincible", I'd rather play something else...

I use a combination of Armadillo and Backpacker and kinda balance them out so I'm not invincible and can still carry quite a bit.

That's something you COULD do, but I think it's the job of good game designers to connect this decision to character classes and perks, other RPG mechanics. Not repetitive crafting/inventory menu clicking.

I beat the game with no crafting of armadillo's. Whatever the game gave me, I used. I wasn't interested in this cat and mouse of stats. While it forced me to make V look like an ass. I just maxed out body etc. And carried 300 health hypo's. With that K ability to boost my HP to 700 for bad moments.

armadillo is the basic. But putting 1 crit 1crit dmg is solid. Some of the other ones don't work properly, so its hard to say if they are worth it.

definitely they expect most of your mods will be armadilo. They put most of the defense in the mods, not the appearance

Pretty sure you only gain benefit from a single crit dmg and crit % increase within your entire armor set, adding more doesn't take you above it seems. So it seems you stack armadillos in the other slots.

To me it's outright crazy that the armor itself is entirely inconsequential and 95% of the armor value from each piece comes from the armadillo mods themselves.

It's ridiculous, but their balance in this game is out of whack anyways.

Who thought giving Satori 500% crit damage was a good idea? That bonus alone eclipses the rest of the melee weapons by so much, and I don't know how katanas with their far greater range are outdamaging gorilla arms, which are not mobile at all and have a far shorter range.

Then there's also the fact that despite mantis blades gaining a 40% attack speed increase mod, katanas without any attack speed increase mod attack at about the same speed for more damage.

Pretty sure you only gain benefit from a single crit dmg and crit % increase within your entire armor set, adding more doesn't take you above it seems. So it seems you stack armadillos in the other slots.

To me it's outright crazy that the armor itself is entirely inconsequential and 95% of the armor value from each piece comes from the armadillo mods themselves.

It's ridiculous, but their balance in this game is out of whack anyways.

Who thought giving Satori 500% crit damage was a good idea? That bonus alone eclipses the rest of the melee weapons by so much, and I don't know how katanas with their far greater range are outdamaging gorilla arms, which are not mobile at all and have a far shorter range.

Then there's also the fact that despite mantis blades gaining a 40% attack speed increase mod, katanas without any attack speed increase mod attack at about the same speed for more damage.
actually I think its good that appearance isn't tied to the defense, and that players can decide how much defense they need.
however, they need more working mods, and a greater variety. Better explanation of what stacks, etc.

I use a combination of Armadillo and Backpacker and kinda balance them out so I'm not invincible and can still carry quite a bit. I really hate going through a building collecting weapons and stuff for me to run out of carrying capacity halfway through it. I collect just about everything and disassemble it to make more resources because once again I really hate to have to sit there for an entire day farming just to collect resources.

I only bothered with Backpacker until I realized there was a consumable that boosted my Carry Cap to 150%.

Why would I use a mod slot to add +10 when I can pop this pill to add +100 or more?! Typically I only need the extra to get me by until I get to a Drop Point or a vendor to sell the fifty looted guns I am carrying :)

But on the main topic: I use Armadillo because it's mechanically great, but I would totally use other mods IF I COULD GET THEM. But I can't.

I have never seen a +Move or a Falling Damage mod in a store ever. And of course what we want to find for that end-game exploration are the Epic and Legendary versions of these mods, which I have never seen anywhere ever. Not in a store, not on a dropped armor, not on a Legendary armor. Never.

But
actually I think its good that appearance isn't tied to the defense, and that players can decide how much defense they need.
however, they need more working mods, and a greater variety. Better explanation of what stacks, etc.

Armadillo will eclipse every mod in Very Hard short of introducing an even better mod defensively or even more broken offense boosting mods. This won't really change until regular ranged mooks on Very Hard don't take out 2/3 of your HP in seconds with accuracy to go through windows.

The balancing of the mobs and damage distribution types simply encourage armor stacking, otherwise you relly on one hit kills with also broken crit damage stacking and gamebreaking mechanics like being able to snipe through walls or having smart guns that can halve an enemy's health through less than half a magazine.

I think it would be a lot healthier for the game to tone down both outbound and incoming damage to give encounters more granularity. The game also needs to be a lot better at smoking the player out of cover in terms of mob AI, but this can't happen until regular ranged mobs that fire all the way from Pluto at 100% accuracy and take out 1/4 health per shot are addressed.

It's really funny because the hardest mission by far is the starting one with Jackie to rescue Sandra Dorsett on Very Hard simply because at that point your weapons do no damage, and a single shot or two from enemies can take you near flatline.

It's really funny because the hardest mission by far is the starting one with Jackie to rescue Sandra Dorsett

Oh sure that's the hardest mission, except for the mission where you get to fight the same guys in the same place, but you're naked and unarmed :)

I used original v's cloth and common yellow crystal jock jacket. Minimal armor, I just go for aesthetic.

One hit kill from enemies yes. But I fight from stealth and quickhacks. I dont need weapons. Short Circuit and Contagion all the way.

Pick my battles on the map, avoid skulls and go with yellow or green then bump up difficulty from easy to very hard when my V able to clear bunch of enemies with quickhacks and stealth.

I got to level 50 pretty quick before starting Act 2 main quest, but only problem is the beating brat, need gorrila arms and good armadillo slotted outfit.

You don't need the armadillo mod to beat the game and have fun; I have not used any armadillo or any other legendary mod in my first play through and only started messing around with crafting and insane OP pistols after I finished nearly all the endings.

After finishing the game and starting to read and watch all the crazy stuff you can do with crafting and mods, its a bit insane how you can 'destroy'(IMO) the game experience for yourself if you 'abuse' the existing systems.

On the other hand it can also be a lot of fun to mess around with insane armour and crazy 1mil damage weapons :D So I would not want them to completely patch out these possibilities, but maybe leave some of the crazy crafting to new game+ mode only, so the first play through is experienced in a way the creators intended.

Oh sure that's the hardest mission, except for the mission where you get to fight the same guys in the same place, but you're naked and unarmed :)

Except you don't fight them because by then I have several perks that trivially allow me to do stealth takedowns and sneak back to my armor with ease.

I used original v's cloth and common yellow crystal jock jacket. Minimal armor, I just go for aesthetic.

One hit kill from enemies yes. But I fight from stealth and quickhacks. I dont need weapons. Short Circuit and Contagion all the way.

Pick my battles on the map, avoid skulls and go with yellow or green then bump up difficulty from easy to very hard when my V able to clear bunch of enemies with quickhacks and stealth.

I got to level 50 pretty quick before starting Act 2 main quest, but only problem is the beating brat, need gorrila arms and good armadillo slotted outfit.

That's just broken and overpowered qh mechanic.

Top Bottom