[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
[...]I feel like it's unfair to be told that I want a "dating sim" for wanting a little bit of what Panam fans got.[...]

So you want to change the characters of River, Kerry and/or Judy, because you envy male Vs that romanced Panam? Why don't you accept e.g. Judy as the person she is? What's wrong with Judy not being a tank girl, but rather being a skillful nerdy tech-person she is?

Last edited:
So you want top change the character of River, Kerry and/or Judy, because you envy male Vs that romanced Panam? Why don't you accept e.g. Judy as the person she is? What's wrong with Judy not being a tank girl, but rather being a skillful nerdy person she is?

Well, Panam's got a whole ending about her. Can't deny the obvious! And it's not about "character change".

And correct me if I'm wrong, but she's the only LI who has her questline carried on after the one night stand (I mean, with the other LIs it's just one-minute sex at the end of the questline; done, forget about them).

And yes, she's stealing Judy's spot on the top of the tank :)

Well, Panam's got a whole ending about her. Can't deny the obvious! And it's not about "character change".

And correct me if I'm wrong, but she's the only LI who has her questline carried on after the one night stand (I mean, with the other LIs it's just one-minute sex at the end of the questline; done, forget about them).

And yes, she's stealing Judy's spot on the top of the tank :)

So Judy should have learned to drive a tank then. Or have to steal her own tank from Militech.

Bob and Ted.

Jokes aside, who are those? Did V even meet them or have a quest with them before deciding on the rooftop?

I only remember the nomad netrunners and some guy in a cowboy hat...

I mean, if those are just some two nomads that were given names so that they can die, they don't equal "Rogue dying", or "Panam dying".

upd. NO, still don't know who these guys are.
bob and ted.png

Post automatically merged:

So Judy should have learned to drive a tank then. Or have to steal her own tank from Militech.

No. V can drive Judy around in a tank. It's not as if they need to shoot. Does it matter?

Last edited:
Jokes aside, who are those? Did V even meet them or have a quest with them before deciding on the rooftop?

I mean, if those are just some two nomads that were given names so that they can die, they don't equal "Rogue dying", or "Panam dying".

No. V can drive Judy around in a tank. It's not as if they need to shoot. Does it matter?

Very much, it's the nomad's tank. It's their tank because of Panam's idea, plan and leadership. Judy could have come up with something of her own. But she didn't. Because her characteristics were not needed with the ending pathes presented to us.

Edit: the tank is one of the strongest assets this nomad family has. It's logical to have it handled by people with at least some experience with it, which excludes Judy.

Concerning Bob & Ted: play the optional side missions with Panam.

Last edited:
And correct me if I'm wrong, but she's the only LI who has her questline carried on after the one night stand
No, the romance scene is in the last quest of her questline.

Bob, Teddy, Carol, and Cassidy are the only side characters throughout Panam's questline. You should pay attention more.

Last edited:

upd. NO, still don't know who these guys are.
bob and ted.png
Cyberpunk2077_28ABUMRijz.jpg

Teddy
cuvu6xSdt1.jpg

Bobby

They're minor characters in Panam's clique. Bobby's got the soulful voice and Teddy's the one that calls V Sleeping Beauty after they move camp.

So you want to change the characters of River, Kerry and/or Judy, because you envy male Vs that romanced Panam? Why don't you accept e.g. Judy as the person she is? What's wrong with Judy not being a tank girl, but rather being a skillful nerdy tech-person she is?

I am fine with Judy not driving a Basilisk, I am not fine with being forced to cuddle with Panam in the last scene of the game. That is not hard to understand, and I am not asking to change Judy's character.

Cuddling with Judy in the final scene of the Star ending, or being able to react differently with River and Kerry in the Sun ending would not be changing their characters.

What I really want would be branching questlines, clearly defined factions, with some endings cut off or others opened up by my actions. What I would settle for is to be able to cuddle with Judy at the end of one of the existing endings.

Very much, it's the nomad's tank. It's their tank because of Panam's idea, plan and leadership. Judy could have come up with something of her own. But she didn't. Because her characteristics were not needed with the ending pathes presented to us.

OK. To everyone their own.

You do understand though that "Judy's spot on the tank" means "a sunset love scene with the love interest", not literally a spot on the tank?

View attachment 11186035
Teddy
View attachment 11186041
Bobby

They're minor characters in Panam's clique. Bobby's got the soulful voice and Teddy's the one that calls V Sleeping Beauty after they move camp.

Thanks for the screenshots, that's much better than just "go play the game" :) If their level of representation in the game is as much as you describe, that's certainly not as "heavy" as Rogue dying.

OK. To everyone their own.

You do understand though that "Judy's spot on the tank" means "a sunset love scene with the love interest", not literally a spot on the tank?[...]

She has quite a nice holo in the credits. So there is something.

I am fine with Judy not driving a Basilisk, I am not fine with being forced to cuddle with Panam in the last scene of the game.[...]

There is not even a cuddle in that scene, just a slight touch of Panam's hand to Vs arm. You even get that as male V who didn't romance Panam. It's a platonic, friendship, neutral scene and gesture. Only If you romanced Panam you could read more into it. Or If you are envious.

Last edited:
No, the romance scene is in the last quest of her questline.

OK. Here's where the impression comes from: opened a "full romance" video (76 min, just scenes, not gameplay), and you sleep with Panam 28 min into talking to her, but then you have 48 more min of dialogue.

Not comparable to the rest still.

My bitterness/saltiness about the LIs: It's definitely a different issue, I was referring to Balmung79 saying that what some people want is a dating sim; maybe I'm not the one they're talking about, but yeah, I wanted to cuddle with Judy in the final scene of the Star ending. I wanted to at least try to assuage River's worries in the Sun ending instead of acting like I had a death wish. And yeah, it would have been nice if we could have seen V get back to their LI in the Devil ending if they go back to Earth (although that one may be asking too much). I feel like it's unfair to be told that I want a "dating sim" for wanting a little bit of what Panam fans got.

I also prefer the Sun ending currently, but I don't expect much for the River romance in future content. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't give him the Jacob Taylor from Mass Effect treatment, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

"Go play a dating sim" gets thrown around a lot, but I remember the first time I heard about Cyberpunk was when Anthem was announced to NOT have romanceable companions and CDPR was like "but we've got romances and they're gonna be awesome so haha suck it :beer:" So CDPR kind of said "come and play our dating sim." It was a feature that was advertised, people are going to talk about it like every feature the game has. I can be upset the combat was a lackluster at the same time I'm wondering why Panam gets a 3rd person cutscene with V and no one else does.

I also made the Jacob comparison to a friend yesterday, joking we'll start up the DLC and it will be River stating V was gone for a few weeks and he forgot she existed entirely oooops.

OK. Here's where the impression comes from: opened a "full romance" video (76 min, just scenes, not gameplay), and you sleep with Panam 28 min into talking to her, but then you have 48 more min of dialogue.

Not comparable to the rest still.
Half of those 48 minutes are in the Star ending and happen no matter if you romanced her or not.

She has quite a nice holo in the credits. So there is something.

There is not even a cuddle in that scene, just a slight touch of Panam's hand to Vs arm. You even get that as male V who didn't romance Panam. It's a platonic, friendship, neutral scene and gesture. Only If you romanced Panam you could read more into it. Or If you are envious.

Judy's message in the Star ending is the only hopeful and romantic one I've seen in my various endings, so I will give you that.

I just dug into my screenshots, because I knew I wasn't dreaming, it's very, very dark, of course, but these two character models are definitely cuddling in my opinion. My nomad is basically in Panam's lap:

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.08 - 00.05.25.70.png

I also made the Jacob comparison to a friend yesterday, joking we'll start up the DLC and it will be River stating V was gone for a few weeks and he forgot she existed entirely oooops.

LOL, V comes back from the Crystal Palace heist and finds that River now has a pregnant girlfriend who wants to name the baby V.

Last edited:
[...]
I just dug into my screenshots, because I knew I wasn't dreaming, it's very, very dark, of course, but these two character models are definitely cuddling in my opinion. My nomad is basically in Panam's lap:

View attachment 11186059

Not-romanced-Panam-perspective:
Two persons are sitting besides each other on a narrow tank, probably thinking/talking about significant common events in the last weeks. No arm around the shoulder, no kisses, no longer touching: no cuddling.

Half of those 48 minutes are in the Star ending and happen no matter if you romanced her or not.

Yes, but how is it against Panam having more content in the game than other LIs :)? Still 25 min more rather than 50?

She is still the only LI who doesn't turn to "I'll pop up into the ending for 2 min and then call you on the holo" after sex.

Now, according to YouTube "questline full missions", not just cutscenes:
- Panam has 3 hours of content
- Judy has 3 hours of content (there's a 3h30 min video, but 30 min are Clouds/Evelyn/Woodman)
- River has 2 hours 10 min
- Kerry has around 1 hour 30 min

How are these equal? :)

Top Bottom