Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I accidentally stumbled upon a video about the legendary short circuit and wanted to get it because of the passive bonus, but no matter how many times it was loaded, it received nothing. read about a bug with a quest The Gift I have already completed it, 45 lvl now the quest hack is in the inventory.

in general, I tried to load old saves where I have not yet completed this quest Lvl 9 with 8 intelligence.
I completed the quest, the quick hack is still in my inventory with an exclamation icon and nothing can be done with it except to put in cyberdeck or remove from

I install quest quick hack ping and after a couple of attempts to hack terminals I started getting quick hack but only Epic quality maybe because of lvl I didn't get legendary

in general, on my main save lvl 45 has not yet received the legendary quick hack T_T

A lot of confusion over this issue. Thankfully someone has put out a video explaining/demonstrating that the bug is unrelated to the gift quest. But so many people are still following and sharing outdated info.
It's such an annoying bug especially for the net running builds. The only thing I managed to get to work was to start new character. Quickly tested whether I can get basic quick hacks from access points early on, and once I got that first green QH I continued the playthrough and still getting QHs including legendary ones now. (edit: even after the gift quest)
Really hope they fix it soon.

Luckily, also, threads like this one exist which contain huge efforts to test and verify stuff, so that when cdpr come to look at the problem (or anybody else does) it should be a bit easier to solve.
Anyway, long winded bump....

Last edited:
Agreed. After much hours/2 days testing quickhack bug, I started a new character. It's not easy like it was in 1.06, but it is still possible to farm epic quickhacks early on. I will state that for my experience, got the main quest just before the hotel with flathead. At this point fight enough for to get the 14SC Tetratronic MK2/ Biodyne MK2. Either will work.. Best results for me personally, using a new toon and doing the following: Head to the building right next to All Foods. (just NE a block/2) They are 7 INT rated so please allow. Something happens that sorta bugs it out if it drops an epic that you don't like and you reload. The work-around is save before, and reload and wait 24h. It's a pain, but the only thing that I have found that repopulates the drops without it getting "stuck" with no more drops. (from the same terminal) So far I've gotten all epic drops(5 terminals above ground+1 hidden) and as long as you do the above you can at least get the epics you need early on, and yes it does drop suicide/contagion/cyberpsycosis/grenade etc. Sigh- I miss 1.06 and the ease of just reloading nearby..

Last edited:
Today I finally got an answer from my bug-report from 31.12. (regarding not getting quickhacks):

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response.

We're aware of these issues and we're currently looking into them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I restarted a bugged character that got bugged early on. Used Raven Mk 4 and Netwatch cyberdecks. Intelligence up to 6. No intelligence perks. Saved prior to hacking access points and only played on after getting a quickhack reward. Got multiple copies uncommon, rare and epic of each hack outside Cripple Movement (only green). Two legendaries from access points in the Inconvenient Killer early on (around level 20).

Only difference I can think of is not doing The Gift/ping gig and being MUCH faster on average solving the mini-games.

So I got to a point where I was going to mine the Delamine are near Aresaka tower for legendary Quickhacks. I got there and after maybe 2 hours trying I gave up. I'm pretty sure I got the bug as I am not seeing the blue text show up saying what was looted form the APs. I think I had not seen that in quite a long while on this char...

I started a new character and went to Kabuki almost right away to the hotel by the ripperdoc. There are 2 4int APs in that spot, and savescumming through them I was able to get QHs... but only ones I had not gotten/bought yet. I went into the Netrunner shop where 'The Gift' happens, and I bought the other 300e Ping along with Whistle as I wanted to use those 2... Now I still see the blue text after an AP hack and I see new/other QHs in my inventory, but if its a QH I already have I can't see it unless I go to the vendor and try to sell it (then two of those QHs appear as sellable).

Has anyone seen anything similar? Is this just an inventory bug and I should be able to get higher level (rare, epic, leggy) QHs from access points later on? I really don't wanna keep going only to find out that this second character is just as bugged as my first one and I'll never be able to get epic or leggy QHs...

Now I still see the blue text after an AP hack and I see new/other QHs in my inventory, but if its a QH I already have I can't see it unless I go to the vendor and try to sell it (then two of those QHs appear as sellable).

Has anyone seen anything similar? Is this just an inventory bug and I should be able to get higher level (rare, epic, leggy) QHs from access points later on? I really don't wanna keep going only to find out that this second character is just as bugged as my first one and I'll never be able to get epic or leggy QHs...
Outside of selling mode, the inventory hides what it considers superfluous quickhacks (lower tier when you have a higher tier of the same type). You always get notified with the blue text though.

On a sidenote, CDPR could have made this particular loot message *much* clearer with a special quickhack icon+audio popping up instantly (unlike the super delayed popups of regular loot). I only became aware you could get QH from AP long after already having been unknowingly bugged on my first character.

This is a rather insidious bug that can ruin most cyberdeck builds who can't otherwise make legendary QH (mostly for those juicy passives). I found the only way for me to replay with any confidence is to save-scum each and every AP making sure I always get a reward. This way I'll very quickly notice if I get the bug, and also do some bug testing that could potentially help the community before CDPR decides to make it enough of a priority as to fix it (we're in reality playing an early access game anyway).

Last edited:
I've been hit by this bug, so I decided to start over and try and figure out what might be the cause. I've found one potential cause of this.

There is a scanner hustle in Northeast Watson that shows up after completing the Heist and after getting a high enough Street Rep. The scanner hustle is a two part. The first part you can do successfully without the bug hitting you. The second part of the hustle (following the blood trail and looting bag) seems to cause the bug.

I have a save before doing this and after doing this and tested with the roof top access point in city center where you have the 6 access points that are together that are 10 Int req and can drop a legendary quickhack. Before doing the second part of the mission, I was able to get the legendary quickhack after a reload or two. After doing the second part of the hustle, even after 20 reloads, the quickhack refused to drop.

I'm attaching an image of where the scanner hustle that caused the bug to appear for me. This does not mean this is the only cause of the bug, but it does trigger for me and I can repeat it (I also have a manual save after doing the first part of the hustle, but before the second part).

Attachments

• Scanner Hustle.png
    Scanner Hustle.png
    808.7 KB · Views: 113
OK, now I've read almost entire thread. My situation

Platform: PC
Game Version: 1.12
Level 37, SC 50
more than 30 attempts
Int: 11

I'm not getting hacks from APs (tested in Arasaka Tower area - near Arasaka Tower travel point). I haven't got any hacks from APs while playing (hacking around 80-90% of APs), finished 90% of story, 60% of the game overall.

Last edited:
OK, now I've read almost entire thread. My situation

Platform: PC
Game Version: 1.12
Level 37, SC 50
more than 30 attempts
Int: 11

I'm not getting hacks from APs (tested in Arasaka Tower area - near Arasaka Tower travel point).

Is there any kind of solution?

Not as far as I know -- at this time. We're all kinda waiting for this month's patch. Unless I missed it dropping already; if so, then March.

Not as far as I know -- at this time. We're all kinda waiting for this month's patch. Unless I missed it dropping already; if so, then March.

Thanks. I think patch 1.12 is a February patch so there you have it. It's quite a big problem but considering how many different kind of bugs there are I don't think it will be fixed by CDPR anytime soon. I was hoping more for community solution but I know there is no way to be sure what causes the issue in the first place.

I've been hit by this bug, so I decided to start over and try and figure out what might be the cause. I've found one potential cause of this.

There is a scanner hustle in Northeast Watson that shows up after completing the Heist and after getting a high enough Street Rep. The scanner hustle is a two part. The first part you can do successfully without the bug hitting you. The second part of the hustle (following the blood trail and looting bag) seems to cause the bug.
I cleared all gigs/missions in Watson with my latest character, including the one you mention, Reported Crime: Dredged Up. I didn't get bugged (I think this bug would have been much more common if everyone who did a specific early level mission got the bug). I made sure I would get quickhack rewards from all access points though. Didn't want to be unknowingly hit by the bug again.

Instead, of course, I got hit with yet another serious bug; firearms (apart from those dropped by normal enemies) don't provide crit chance or crit damage. Weapons up to legendary rarity without any crit adjustment. This was my 3rd game breaking bug (access point/quickhack bug, corrupted save bug, no crit weapon bug), so I uninstalled the game in disgust. At this point I doubt I will play this broken sorry excuse of a game again even if CDPR fixes it - in a year or so.

Last edited:
CDPR your hopless...

Released on December 10th. Five patches / hot fixes. It's now March and this issue still has not been adressed.

I have owned the game for almost 3 month and have still not been able to finish it. The whole hack and weapon rpg system is completely FUBAR. Do you even have a QA team? I can't imagine how this stuff got the OK...

@Atletikus I'm experiencing the exact same problems and i don't think there going to be fixed for 1.2. I could get a refund still if i wanted because of Australian consumer laws, but i'm going to wait and see if they can get there act together by the end of the month.

Great game in general. I've been waiting for a game like this for years, but the whole RGP system is trashed with bugs. Very dissapointed. For Shame.

I cleared all gigs/missions in Watson with my latest character, including the one you mention, Reported Crime: Dredged Up. I didn't get bugged (I think this bug would have been much more common if everyone who did a specific early level mission got the bug). I made sure I would get quickhack rewards from all access points though. Didn't want to be unknowingly hit by the bug again.

Instead, of course, I got hit with yet another serious bug; firearms (apart from those dropped by normal enemies) don't provide crit chance or crit damage.

This bug only affects weapons that are generated in environment container entities, not weapons that generate in corpse entities or spawn directly on the ground.

Post automatically merged:

The UI is confusing and is very easy to misinterprete. If you loot a quickhack from an access point, you will see the following notification circled in green:

Looted Quickhack.jpg

This blue text fades very quickly, so if you are not looking at this part of the screen, you will miss it. This notification tells me I looted a Short Circuit quickhack. It does not tell me what quality level it is. This access point is in the Gig: Psychofan and has a 13 Int requirement. My character level is 45 as shown above.

If I then open my inventory and click on my Cyberdeck, I see this:

Cyberdeck Menu.jpg

This menu only shows you 1 of the highest quality level quickhack you have. In this case, I already had all 7 legendary quickhacks and the remaining 4 only go up to epic quality. So I have no idea how many Short Circuits I had up to this point and what quality level the new one is.

To figure this out, I took a screenshot of a buy/sell terminal window before I hacked this access point. This is what it looks like:

Before.jpg

Yikes. I have 3x legendary Short Circuits, 3x epics, 3x rares and 5x uncommons.

Lets compare that with a screenshot I took after I hacked the Psychofan access point:

After.jpg

Now I have 4x legendary Short Circuits, 3x epics, 3x rares and 5x uncommons, so the Short Circuit I got from this access point was a legendary one.

The blue text notification and buy/sell window is the only way I can tell what quickhack I am looting and what quality level it is. If I do not confirm both, I can't tell if I'm looting quick hacks at all.

Most access points can never drop legendary quickhacks. The quality level you can loot is player level dependent, so if you are level 10, you are not going to loot epic or legendary quality quickhacks unless it is a very specific access point with no level requirement (not to be confused with attribute requirement).

The Gig: Flying Drugs is an example where there are 2x 7 Int and 2x 0x Int access points that can drop quickhacks of all quality levels, provided you meet a minimum level requirement. I confirm I got 4 legendary quickhacks here at Level 37.

Gig: Serial Suicide is an example where you can loot 6x 10 Int access points for legendary quickhacks at any player level. You can get legendaries here in act 1, even below level 10 if you glitch out of the Watson lockdown.

When reporting this issue, eliminate the possibility that you are misinterpreting the shitty cyberdeck UI. We have already eliminated The Gift and all quest facts associated with it as a potential cause.

One possibility that is very difficult to test for is save/load related. Saving and loading game state breaks a tonne of things. I once saved in Arroyo marketplace, which is a safe zone that disables cyberware actives like double jump. I believe I save scummed the clothing vendor for an armadillo mod.

At some point soon after I noticed I could never double jump again and nothing would fix it. Not reloading my last save after entering the market, not restarting the game entirely. I had to load a save from before entering Arroyo market place to get my double jump back.

Last edited:
The bug definitely exists though. It causes the player to not get ANY quick hacks, of any rarity, from any access point. Ever.
Loads of people are affected by it. (and its very well documented, albeit often misunderstood).
However if you weren't affected by the bug you'd simply be unable to reproduce it in that character / playthrough. If you were affected by it, you'd be unable to aquire quick hacks from access points at all, regardless of rarity or level.

It happened to me and I tried everything. I very quickly and easily ruled out duplicates being missed. The only thing that finally worked was starting a new character. Then I (very quickly and easily) noticed quick hacks suddenly dropping from access points.
(I can 100% assure you that I wasn't just not seeing them.)

Obviously a lot of people are mistakingly missing their duplicate quick hacks, or using the wrong access point, and this is muddying the water for the genuine cases.

It happened to me and I tried everything. I very quickly and easily ruled out duplicates being missed. The only thing that finally worked was starting a new character. Then I (very quickly and easily) noticed quick hacks suddenly dropping from access points.

What is the earliest point in the game where you noticed you weren't looting quickhacks? Do you have a save file near it?

What is the earliest point in the game where you noticed you weren't looting quickhacks? Do you have a save file near it?
I had 2 characters / playthroughs where I couldn't get QHs - a nomad and a corpo. The nomad was level 40 ish with max SC. I realised that I had the bug the first time after I had blitzed my way through hundreds of access points including the legendary ones without ever getting more QHs than the basic 5 or 6 that I purchased or received from quests. Then went through the process of trying fixes from the Internet.

2nd time I realised it much earlier and suspected incorrectly that it was the gift quest. Tried all the suggestions but none of the saved games were from before the quest.
Started a new character and immediately had success, so I went after the quick hacks, and found that doing the gift didn't stop the QHs dropping, nor did the Nix quest, which I confirmed online.
I have multiple saves from all 3 characters, although I doubt the bugged ones have early enough saves to be useful for pinpointing anything. I tend to delete useless saves to avoid running out of space/slots.
Post automatically merged:

Obviously if I were specifically troubleshooting that bug I would have kept all the saves, but like most people I simply wanted to play the game normally.

Top Bottom