[Spoilers] Guinea Pigs mission advice?

+
In this mission you must infiltrate a hotel to assassinate a target. This mission is red for me, and my V is a physical-weakling netrunner so my goal is to do it without facing direct combat. Being shot by the enemies in this mission is insta-death. I'm armored up as much as possible for my level, using a legendary deck and hacks.

I have cleared the lobby completely by using cyberpsychosis and system reset to eliminate all enemies. I never entered Combat Mode. The lobby was quiet and clear, and I took my time disabling all cams and looting everyone there.

Here's the problem: When I take the elevator up to the residential floor, even if I am completely out of line of sight, before the door even begins to open, I hear the target scream in alarm, the game enters Combat Mode and enemies come running to the elevator and insta-kill me.

Anyone got advice?

Last edited:
Be already crouched in the elevator and in one of the corners next to the door. Use scanner to look around the corner and make the camera friendly. All bots ignore you as long as your in stealth and not in combat.

I went through this one with just stealth takedowns using no weapons and quickhacks.

Be already crouched in the elevator and in one of the corners next to the door. Use scanner to look around the corner and make the camera friendly. All bots ignore you as long as your in stealth and not in combat.

I went through this one with just stealth takedowns using no weapons and quickhacks.

The target spots me and Combat Mode is initiated before the door even opens, so stealth was impossible.

What I ended up doing was quickly tagging one guy with contagion and then hit the down button. When I got to the lobby a new strike team had arrived. So I tagged one of them with contagion and hit the up button.

I did this back and forth for a LONG time, being very lucky that I never got hit in the second it took me to drop the quickhack. Eventually, by kiting up and down in the elevator 30 times, I managed to get them all. It was incredibly tedious but it worked!

:p Oh, there is some BS. The guys on the 19th floor do agro and get alerted if there is any combat on the ground floor even if it's in the alley behind the building. There are 2 different alleys of hostiles next to that building.

So your killing of the guys in the lobby might have pre-agroed the guys on the 19th floor.

Alternatively you could ping a device on the network, to highlight all enemies, then run contagion, a couple of times until they're all dead..

Netrunner builds are just so easy to complete missions

Alternatively you could ping a device on the network, to highlight all enemies, then run contagion, a couple of times until they're all dead..

Netrunner builds are just so easy to complete missions
Need 20 in Int to use a Ping that lets you do that, until then using a camera network does more than Ping can.

What I ended up doing was quickly tagging one guy with contagion and then hit the down button. When I got to the lobby a new strike team had arrived. So I tagged one of them with contagion and hit the up button.

I did this back and forth for a LONG time, being very lucky that I never got hit in the second it took me to drop the quickhack. Eventually, by kiting up and down in the elevator 30 times, I managed to get them all. It was incredibly tedious but it worked!

DAAAAAAaaaaaammmmm, with that kind combat thinking and brass huevos you would make a great RL Merc! (y)

Need 20 in Int to use a Ping that lets you do that, until then using a camera network does more than Ping can.

Here's a thing you may not know. If you start to hack a camera, and then hit the button down on an elevator... when the hack completes and you do the crouch animation to look through the camera view, apparently it locks your body in place and the elevator keeps moving without you, so when you exit the camera mode you fall through the world to your death. (At least that happened to me.)

I did have Legendary Ping, but I was trapped in the elevator between the guards on the upper floor and the responding strike team on the ground floor, so I had to keep the elevator moving and thus could not use a camera.

Last edited:
Top Bottom