I am getting sick of this. WINDOWS 7 PROBLEM

+
I am getting sick of this. WINDOWS 7 PROBLEM

I have tried doing what everyone says. Nothing works. So i would like someone to help me, I can't return the game even if it doesn't work so I'd like to at least play itCountry: USAI'm getting that launch as admin problem and I have no idea how to fix it.

I tried to download the patches but i get errors when I run them.And I do not understand most of this internet jargon like verify integrity of files. I don't get any of this. I payed for this gameIn America, Its against the law to sell something that doesn't function like the people who sold it said it would.

The people who made this game come to America are a bunch of prats, seriously. I pay for a game and it doesn't work on my computer?

First you need to update to the 1.5 patch which you can get here most people do not have a problem with getting the full downloadThen read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 remove TAGES as explained, then retry the gameIf you need help to understand how to verify a patch then come on back and i will tell you step by step on how to do it but try the link above for the 1.5 patch first

I do not understand any of it. I keep getting this error when i clicked the install for the patch. I'm just about to return the game, its really stressing me out. I've had a bad few days and this is not helping.So it says to install the 1.4 patch first right? Didn't work. I'm going insane here.

MJS1990 said:
I do not understand any of it. I keep getting this error when i clicked the install for the patch. I'm just about to return the game, its really stressing me out. I've had a bad few days and this is not helping.So it says to install the 1.4 patch first right? Didn't work. I'm going insane here.
Is it similar to one of theseQuoteSetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0in VistaQuoteSetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pGUID$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000or is it a different error

MJS1990 said:
Mine says windows service pack 0 (6000) a bit different.
Go to where you have the 1.5 patch and hover your mouse over the patch and there should be a box that appears notice the size of the patch . How big is the patch ?

.97MBI'm redownloading the file and redownloading the game.The only problem isDon't you need 1.4 first?

MJS1990 said:
.97MBI'm redownloading the file and redownloading the game.The only problem isDon't you need 1.4 first?
Is the game your downloading the Enhanced Edition or the original from 07

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Is the game your downloading the Enhanced Edition or the original from 07
I went to the store and bought enhanced.

I hope this will fix it. I'm still installing game D: Anything else I need to do after 1.5 downloads?

MJS1990 said:
I hope this will fix it. I'm still installing game D: Anything else I need to do after 1.5 downloads?
The 1.5 patch needs to be 371 MB in sizeAfter you get to install the 1.5 patch then go to the FAQ i linked you to earlier and follow the link to the tages website and update them and then remove them the FAQ tells you how to do this. Then after that you should be done

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
The 1.5 patch needs to be 371 MB in sizeAfter you get to install the 1.5 patch then go to the FAQ i linked you to earlier and follow the link to the tages website and update them and then remove them the FAQ tells you how to do this. Then after that you should be done
It let me start up the game. I tried to remove tages and it didn't work.

MJS1990 said:
MJS1990 said:
MJS1990 said:
It let me start up the game. I tried to remove tages and it didn't work.
When you went to the tages website did you click on the 5.5 towards the bottom of the page and then choose the appropriate one for your system and install them then reboot computer go back to the website and do the above procedure except this time remove them

I am having the same problem as him...bought the enhanced...figured I would try the Witcher out. Won't run as administrator and I am getting the typical error code that comes with downloading patch 1.5. I don't understand the crazy tech things people are saying on here...anybody have an explanation in basic english? haha. Thanks.

Jbone4888 said:
I am having the same problem as him...bought the enhanced...figured I would try the Witcher out. Won't run as administrator and I am getting the typical error code that comes with downloading patch 1.5. I don't understand the crazy tech things people are saying on here...anybody have an explanation in basic english? haha. Thanks.
answered in the other thread . If you can`t get it to work or don`t understand on what and when to do just post back and i`ll do my best to walk you through it step by step

go here http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm and download/install the 64 bit version. Windows deems the 32 bit drive incompatable and will not load it. you will see this error on a reboot

Top Bottom