Main Story Too Short

+
Hello... the game is wonderful, but the main quest is really too short than the witcher 3... i really love it because was really long for all quests and the main quest was reallly much longer and i really prefer that way... also the other quest was longer and with much story... all quest in this game is too short for me, i dont like it so much... :( i prefer the witcher 3 mode for this...

I looked forward to seeing that this game emphasized the freedom of the game and various contents in the advertisement rather than the story. but what I got to know after play the game was that everything was unfinished or deleted, and the only thing I could enjoy was the story. Those things make me think the story is shorter.

the main story in the witcher 3 was about 50 hours, this one about 25... for me, there is a problem... i spent for end Assassin's creed Valhalla 140 hours , 180 for the witcher 3 and only 100 to cyberpunk ... i think that there is a problem... :(

I just found out that CDPR announced that the story in Cyberpunk will be shorter than The Witcher 3 in September 2020 - 3 months before launch. Things like story length are decided in pre-production. If they had decided to make the game shorter, we would have heard about it earlier.
So the story was supposed to be longer.

I'm checking the early interviews with the developers now and nowhere is there even a hint that Cyberpunk will be smaller than The Witcher 3.

Last edited:
It's one thing when a game has very repetitive gameplay and a linear, not well written story or a story that moves along at a snail's pace that after a while you just keep thinking to yourself "Is this game over yet?"

This game has the story progressing at warp speed and the end comes way too fast :( I really hope that in the later updates, patches and DLC they really expand on the length of the game to where it was before they decided to make it shorter.

Well, it's a tad short, if you just rush it. BUT, if you take your time, explore, and do your fair amount of side-quests and gigs, you'll be finishing the game around the 100-hours mark, if not more. But yeah, if you just consider the amount of time it takes from the beginning of the game to the ending without doing anything else, it is on the shorter side of rpgs. Expecially given the behemothian length of games like The Witcher 3 or some of the GTA games (which are not rpgs, but you get the point).

I feel the game would have benefited from having some of the side quests mandatory. It would have been neat if, at some point of the MQ, the game would force you to do a given number of gigs (for example, 3/4 for district, or maybe 12/15 total) in order to gain enough credibility for Rogue (or another important story character) to trust you, thus advancing the story. This would have lengthen the story a bit, if maybe in a quite artificially way, but in a lot of games you see similar stuff, so why not?

300+ if you also go collect all the hidden caches, 200+ of them. This is where the real time sink is.

I just found out that CDPR announced that the story in Cyberpunk will be shorter than The Witcher 3 in September 2020 - 3 months before launch.
So the story was supposed to be longer.

I'm checking the early interviews with the developers now and nowhere is there even a hint that Cyberpunk will be smaller than The Witcher 3.

Flat out wrong. A simple google search turns this up in November of 2019.

And your assumption that, "If they had decided to make the game shorter, we would have heard about it earlier. "

is equally incorrect, based wholly on your assumptions and hostility towards the game and designers. Not factual. There is no guarantee that they would have told us this earlier - or at all.

It's fine to criticize the game - I certainly have - but you aren't even trying for fact.

Flat out wrong. A simple google search turns this up in November of 2019.

And your assumption that, "If they had decided to make the game shorter, we would have heard about it earlier. "

is equally incorrect, based wholly on your assumptions and hostility towards the game and designers. Not factual. There is no guarantee that they would have told us this earlier - or at all.

It's fine to criticize the game - I certainly have - but you aren't even trying for fact.
It honestly should have been called V meets johnny silver hand in bag of chips.

The game's pacing and length of the main story with the side quests is off.

On my first play through, I would do some side quests a long with gigs and then go and complete a major story quest. By the time the point of no return arrived, I still had a lot of side quests to finish. The point of no return arrives WAY too early.

This is a big contrast to the Witcher 3 where you could spend quite a lot of time swapping between the main quests and side quests at will, just do what you were invested in. In Cyberpunk, you basically have to ignore the main story or you will finish it way too quickly.

Also I am a huge cyberpunk 2077/Witcher fan. CDPR has gotten plenty of Eddies from this household and praise and little shit
cause of the whole old console issue.
photomode_28122020_214310.png

Post automatically merged:

from Neo to Johnny what a ride :D might be one of the best characters Keanu ever played.
Johnny neumonic yeah i agree with that but sorry bro I never liked Johhny silverhand. Tons of cyberpunk gear, collectors editions most of all the shirts,posters Razer CP Mouse. but Silverhand is banned not one item with silver hand to be seen.

Last edited:

Guest 4519094

Johnny neumonic yeah i agree with that but sorry bro I never liked Johhny silverhand. Tons of cyberpunk gear, collectors editions most of all the shirts,posters Razer CP Mouse. but Silverhand is banned not one item with silver hand to be seen.

it's cool, he's written as a love him or hate him character no middle allowed :D
and they pulled that off perfectly looking at how polarized people are.

Top Bottom