Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update, Vattier! Not the news we wanted to hear, but stuff happens! Keep us posted, please.

The last news mentioned that devs still cannot access their development tools.
And there were no news about resolving all issues, if I'm not mistaken.

Meaning the next update can be about delaying patches even further.
Where was this mentioned? I can't say that I remember hearing that. Do you have a link? I can't seem to find one.

Or is this just a doomer reply. Assumption made by last sentence.

CDPR could help themselves by bring more open about what they aRe working on and current status of the work.

They need to level set expectations which would also help to rebuild trust with their customer base.

What could it hurt if CDPR said they are currently focusing on optimization and ensuring the game runs well on all platforms and no one should expect any signfiicant QOL improvements until the second half of 2021?

Why not be honest and let players know they are or are not working on improving NPC or the wanted system?
I've been asking the same thing. Put an end to the rumors and speculation and just be up-front. It's just a common good practice for any business to be engaged with their customers.

I've been asking the same thing. Put an end to the rumors and speculation and just be up-front. It's just a common good practice for any business to be engaged with their customers.

Well, in order to do this, a studio needs to know what the final results will be, exactly how long things will take, what, precisely, will be involved, etc. If some of that is up in the air, then the best they can do is make a plan and let people know what it is.

That's what was done. Then, plans needed to change. Now, after informing people of a delay in the process, they've fallen under attack from many directions because they couldn't see the future, and they can't magically make things happen according to some players' desired time frames.

I fully understand why they would choose to remain silent.

And in the end, it will not be ready until it's ready. So...the ultimate resolution will not change in the slightest based upon hopes, dreams, and plans. When there is news ready to be delivered, it will be. When the patch is ready, it will go up. Until then, regardless of what is said or not said, we wait.

This is naïve beyond reason and not very well-thought for a number of reasons.

1. If CDPR mentions what can be included in the patch it shall (as always) bring unrealistic expectations.
2. People shall complain it is "not a lot".
3. Complain that "all this time for THAT?!"
4. Complain that it is too ambitions for the time-frame.

Among others, people shall never be happy; better to be silent and just release it than to have to endure the usual irrationality of people. CDPR is never going to win against people's expectations or demands, it is either "too much" or "too little" and shall always find a way to complain. Seems patience is a lost art nowadays, specially in irrelevant and non-essential stuff like the expansion of a videogame.

People need to learn to chill and be patient; you shan't die if the patch is not the Second Coming nor puppies shall be summarily executed if CDPR does not deliver it on time.

Last edited:

1. If CDPR mentions what can be included in the patch it shall (as always) bring unrealistic expectations.

Among others, people shall never be happy; better to be silent and just release it than to have to endure the usual irrationality of people. CDPR is never going to win against people's expectations or demands, it is either "too much" or "too little" and shall always find a way to complain. Seems patience is a lost art nowadays, specially in irrelevant and non-essential stuff like the expansion of a videogame.

People need to learn to chill and be patient; you shan't die if the patch is not the Second Coming nor puppies shall be summarily executed if CDPR does not deliver it on time.

What if when the patch comes out Skippy is permanently switched to puppy loving pacifist mode regardless of your previous choices?

ehhh, there is risk in saying things, but there is also risk in saying nothing, not setting expectations well, and also in not promoting the future. Finding how to deal with that is pretty useful.

however, their company, their choice, we ll see if they can keep the world engaged with the franchise

ehhh, there is risk in saying things, but there is also risk in saying nothing, not setting expectations well, and also in not promoting the future. Finding how to deal with that is pretty useful.

however, their company, their choice, we ll see if they can keep the world engaged with the franchise

Exactly, there's risk; saying has them and not saying them has them. Thanks for proving the point. CDPR shall never win even if they say stuff; people are going to bitch anyway.

It's not naive to be more engaging with your customer base.

1. I wasn't referring to details of the patch. How about just a clear update on whether or not they are able to work on it or still locked out? If they are working on it, do they think they can hit the revised timeliness?
2-4. People are already complaining and will some will complain no matter what happens. Avoiding your customers to avoid complaints is a lousy business model...think back to every time you have to wade through 25 prompts to reach a customer service person.

I'm not one of those complainers and enjoy the game. I hope they get things on the right track and achieve what they set out to (y). After 22 years in corporate communications and product management, I learned long ago that when it comes to your customers you don't skimp on transparency.

And if you want to talk about patience, try teaching an 8-year old how to learn remotely for 6 months...that sh*t will straight up kill you
:)

It's not naive to be more engaging with your customer base.

1. I wasn't referring to details of the patch. How about just a clear update on whether or not they are able to work on it or still locked out? If they are working on it, do they think they can hit the revised timeliness?
2-4. People are already complaining and will some will complain no matter what happens. Avoiding your customers to avoid complaints is a lousy business model...think back to every time you have to wade through 25 prompts to reach a customer service person.

I'm not one of those complainers and enjoy the game. I hope they get things on the right track and achieve what they set out to (y). After 22 years in corporate communications and product management, I learned long ago that when it comes to your customers you don't skimp on transparency.

And if you want to talk about patience, try teaching an 8-year old how to learn remotely for 6 months...that sh*t will straight up kill you
:)

Wasn't saying that CDPR was naïve, was saying your reasoning was.

1. Why does that matter? You cannot play with details, it is irrelevant information and again, why does it matter? It is not that anyone is in a rush or has a need to play it or know what is happening. I personally do not care as I do not have stakes at the company nor knowing information like that is relevant for my existence.

2. Exactly, people are going to complain no matter what, so, what's the difference of saying or not saying? Making blanket statements that X strategy is not good is just faulty generalisation. JP Morgan, Suisse Credit, etc. are all extremely "blurry" and non-transparent organisations when it comes to customer information and yet they are doing really well. Cannot generalise a strategy as being lousy when it is not true when you rely on facts alone.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
If they decide to go forward with multiplayer CP2077, and I assume they will, they can get benefit from doing a PTR. For the solo game, I would not bother, as the multiplayer game will replace it, anyway.

Let's hope that they will do it for the MP-Part, if the game is not dead by then.
Post automatically merged:

Well, in order to do this, a studio needs to know what the final results will be, exactly how long things will take, what, precisely, will be involved, etc. If some of that is up in the air, then the best they can do is make a plan and let people know what it is.

That's what was done. Then, plans needed to change. Now, after informing people of a delay in the process, they've fallen under attack from many directions because they couldn't see the future, and they can't magically make things happen according to some players' desired time frames.

And in the end, it will not be ready until it's ready. So...the ultimate resolution will not change in the slightest based upon hopes, dreams, and plans. When there is news ready to be delivered, it will be. When the patch is ready, it will go up. Until then, regardless of what is said or not said, we wait.

Still, it would be great, if they would tell us, what they intend to fix overall.

The exact point in time is not so important, but I don't want to wait forever either.

The thing is, if we know what will get fixed and what not, like the AI etc, we can decide what to do.

Like, if they only attempt to fix some of the bug's and performance issues, but not stuff like the AI, then everyone can decide for themselves, if they want to stick around and wait for it or walk away from the game and cut their losses.

That will also reduce the amount of people posting critical / negative feedback / comments in the long run, because they will not bother anymore, to stick around.

Last edited:

I even prefer the silence. I am one of those people who rather sees actions instead of words. So all the time they could spend on talking, which would be a minefield to navigate right now anyway, is best spend just working. I call the NMS approach because of obvious reasons. But I rather have that and be surprised (hopefully pleasant) when a new update rolls out bringing goodies. And we get to explore to the fullest how our experience has been improved (or not)
And then we can resolute out own judgement.

I even prefer the silence. I am one of those people who rather sees actions instead of words. So all the time they could spend on talking, which would be a minefield to navigate right now anyway, is best spend just working. I call the NMS approach because of obvious reasons. But I rather have that and be surprised (hopefully pleasant) when a new update rolls out bringing goodies. And we get to explore to the fullest how our experience has been improved (or not)
And then we can resolute out own judgement.

All I'm looking for is clear and honest communication, but so far it has been vague promises with no actual indication of what CDPR intend to work on, what is considered a bug and what they consider to be functioning as intended. To have the company release statements only at the last minute when their hand is forced is not good enough. As it stands, while the delay to this patch was not their fault, they knew the patch had no chance of dropping in Feb. as planned well before they released the statement and I feel it is likely the same will happen again. It will be dragged out as long as possible before the announcement of another delay is made, then back to silence and letting the more enthusiastic fans insist that the problem lies with the customer who bought the game back in December and is yet to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Well this whole controversy sure helped a ton of youtubers. Some were milking it every day. First few vids I watched with interest, but then it was rumors and speculations behind overly dramatic title like "CDPR is in trouble now" or "Situation for Cyberpunk is getting worse" etc.

So exhausting.

Dived deep in to heaps of work and now checking in, Well-

Keep on keeping on !

This goes beyond misunderstanding. People are beginning to confuse the meaning of the word means communication. The silence of the CDPR, generates rumors and speculation, people think that this silence is not accidental. Definitely some players believe that CDPR will abandon the game . And such thoughts most often come from silence. This is what most people are trying to say about "silence"

There were numerous files updated yesterday. You can click on each Depot number to see what files were changed.

By the looks of it the patch touches on all the major parts of the game, from the engine to the animations and character appearance purely based on the archives present in the patch depot.

Now I don't know precisely what it means because some of the archive sizes differ from the ones present on my PC, some are a few GB higher than the current ones while other are lower.

But it's interesting to speculate what the patch might contain.

My guess is general optimization, bug fixes, quality of life (interface, animation jankiness etc.) and general graphics quality improvements.

If nothing else, it does seem to touch upon the major aspects most people realistically expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom