8.3 Patch notes

+
Funny, a lot of players admiting they insta forfeit against lockdown, but the forum's white knight only tell to me take a break from the game. [...]
When I stated that I did take a break from the game myself (admittedly mostly because of Lockdown being entirely unenjoyable).

[...]
I like the patch, but i agree i think they should first balance the old cards and than give us new card. Next month problably we will need another balance patch because the new cards (probably) are too strong
Honestly the only card I think will definitely require a balance patch would be Eist.
Most of these cards are designed to support archetypes that have fallen behind and as such require a bit more to be pushed into relevancy.
That however does not go for Warriors (which were fine already) and especially for an easy immediate 20+ for 11 Gold, which can be tutored with Blood Eagle.

Guest 4416545

My god, hillarous great and acurrate changes to sy, most of them i thought It so Many times, like freakshow, i always thought he was great but at 8 p was too expensive.

Rico change is great too, always wanted to use It since he got invisible tag for passi but was never worth It 90% of situation.

And well all good, im very excited to play sy again, its my fav faction but this season i did not play It almost all, i was tired of trying make It work but well tomorrow i can play Phillipa again and joink keldar and gerzas.

Tho i still think passiflora should go back to before state, i wanna mean "gain 6 coins" last, but well Who knows maybe not need It now, we Will see tomorrow.

Great job on this patch cdpr. :)

Mi_V

Forum regular
Yeah, or make the boosting a bit more conditional, obtainable through a certain setup. Adrenaline on AA doesn't sound bad.

Yeah, the reason why I ain't a fan of Fleder is because of the vitality. Vitality is good if it lasts for 3-4 turns, especially in first round which usually tend to be short. Too much vitality early on in the game is wasteful. Vitality is good when it is in small amounts, but spread among more units. NR's Shani is the best at that.
Use a Leader charge or Alp order or bloodmoon ---> after deployed, Fleder's power is 6 points at the end of your turn, out of bronze removal specials (joust, thunder..) . Plus vampire deck doesn't lack ways to apply bleed, so Fleder is an better engine than Garkain.

Even with out any bleeding enemy unit on the field, Fleder is still boosted by vitality while Garkain requires bleeding units.

Some great changes in there - a few I don't like but most I do and am looking forward to tomorrow!
However, one new card worries me slightly...
New card: Anna Henrietta.
Power: 3, Provision: 9, Category: Human, Aristocrat
"Deploy: Replace your leader ability with a base copy of your opponent's leader ability."
...having her powerful ability work on Deployment is just a bit too powerful, in my opinion.
She should have had this as an 'Order' ability instead so that it can be stopped.
However, we'll see what happens in the game in the next month, but I suspect we're going to see a lot of Nilfgaard decks with this card now.
I hope I'm wrong, and worrying too much about this...

Guest 4354681

Why not fix cerys? annoying card, bad changes

Woah, so much interesting stuff here!

It's sad that they still haven't been able to fix the bug where you can't hide cards offered to you to look at the board state.

I've been mostly playing various devotion Syndicate decks lately, which has been fun but pretty lacking in control. And seeing these new legendary cards makes me realise that I'm going to need a bunch more control than I ran before, which is daunting. But that's fine, I haven't done much with crime decks yet, so it's time to get a grip of that side of the faction.

I agree with many above, that it'll just be really interesting to see how the meta shakes up with all the changes. I'd guess it'll be pretty all over the place for a bit (and let's hope so)! I really like the approach of focusing on reworking underperforming cards to revive struggling archetypes, too.

Ummm where did you take the information that these are the best leaders ? o_O
As NG main I just login to tell you that, OLD Lockdown is so fcking horrible and extremely boring. Both UNFUN to play as even more against, lockdown singlehandedly makes a whole SY faction (my 2nd fav) unplayable. I really love Enslave and Imposter, copying and stealing unit is more flavorful

Last edited by a moderator:
That Eldain is the first step to make some Scoiatel trap decks playable, but its still not there. On the other hand Hattori from being useless card became .... well another useless card. 9 provision is too much, when u have cards like Yennerfer incantation.... Skellige Ursine nerf is a joke imo not gonna change anything, warriors decks still being level easy. Bug with Marton Dryad and Cat Witcher in the melee row still not issued : /.

Some great changes in there - a few I don't like but most I do and am looking forward to tomorrow!
However, one new card worries me slightly...

...having her powerful ability work on Deployment is just a bit too powerful, in my opinion.
She should have had this as an 'Order' ability instead so that it can be stopped.
However, we'll see what happens in the game in the next month, but I suspect we're going to see a lot of Nilfgaard decks with this card now.
I hope I'm wrong, and worrying too much about this...
Not all leaders are strong for an NG deck, some requires synergy (Overwhelming Hunger with deathwish and most SY leader), some negative unless you play assimilate (Ursine Ritual). So it's entirely depends

Ok. Lockdown is basically a 13 provs 6 point leader now. If LD lost the r1 it lost the game automatically in most cases. Awful rework.

It seems CDPR missed the point of why LD had a big playrate past seasons. What about some buffs to other NG leaders then, huh?
Post automatically merged:

Ummm where did you take the information that these are the best leaders ?
Yep, that was funny.

imagine this, ball->rodrerick -> pulls cadaverine->spawn fangs of the empire and poison a unit -> cadaverine poisons again said unit destroy its and pawn a base copy of it
Aaaand? :) You could already do that with Roderick+Joachim, which is even better.

However, one new card worries me slightly..
On average leaders play for 8 points. So if she is lucky to meet a proper leader it's gonna be like for 11 for 9 for her.
What are you worried about? 11 for 9 is pretty average these days. Like, for example, Leo in NR witchers always plays 10+ for 7.
To copy a random leader ability is not the same as to replay your own one. She can be bricked or played for an average value, so no need to worry about it at all. :)

Last edited:
Ummmmmmmmm...
Did you guys and gals ever think about what can happen with Anna Henrietta in a double cross mirror match?

This will certainly shake up the meta — but in a way I dread. I really applaud most of the changes to existing cards; the cards become more interesting and more useful. And I like the support to devotion which has already almost been powercrept out of contention. But, almost without exception, I hate the new cards. If they are not outright OP (e.g. Brouver Hoog, or Eist Turseach), they are very binary in that they become “remove or lose”. I expect they will still further reduce deck variability by forcing every deck to carry heavy removal, reset, and purify to get through defenders. And, course the stupid tutors necessary to access them as needed. We already have only 25 cards in decks — we don’t need 5 of those cards to be“mandatory includes” to be viable.

Finally, I don’t like the ratio of legendary cards to other card values in the “between expansion” card releases — it really interferes with card collection strategies needed by the newer players to the game. For example, I have saved up about 160 keys, which I expect I can convert to about 60 kegs, from which I will get, if I’m lucky, 3 legendary cards — two or more of which will be old cards. Without spending scraps, I will be lucky to get 1 new card that I can use with my current collection. So I am either uncompetitive for several months until I can get the new, OP cards, or I spend my scraps crafting cards — which increases the probability with every keg I open, I get useless duplicate cards resulting in needing a lot more kegs to expand my collection.

Guest 4375874

So now that SK has deathwish cards can we retire the argument that Imlerith can't have duel because that belongs to another faction and maybe put some thought into MO card mechanics that isn't the same mindless thrive.

LOL you've gotta be kidding me....they nerfed Carapace? They just killed OH not long ago, Carapace isn't even performing great looking at the recent stats but they chose to nerf MO again. The lockdown adjustment was overdue but why are we pretending they were the only issue....SK, NR and ST witchers are still overtuned and Lippy allowing a second play of your gold cards is poor design. I remain skeptical about the vampire buffs but given all the MO nerfs month after month it would appear that's now the only viable option.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice changes, actually. but nothing is done about heatwave and oneiromancy? those cards are in 95% of decks. that's not "meta", that's broken.
heatwave being a "universal answer" is just a brick to the face, no fun to use, no fun to play against.
echo mechanics was a poor addition anyway, I think - makes players rely too much on a single card. those echo cards could just be powerful one-time specials (with provision tweaked) of the corresponding factions. and oneiromancy should just allow you to put a card on top of your deck - that would be much more corresponding to its name.
and seriously - trying to modify ursine ritual, but not trying to fix Cerys? just restore her original ability!
i agree that heatwave should be touched it's not too OP nor is it bad what it does is the problem for me it should get a rework and oneiromancy it's fine, supports deck that need engines but a point of low unit decks is good game shouldn't allow players to play three units and win because the enemy didn't get to play his cards but i do think that AA should get a buff that it also can play special cards

Last edited:
Honestly I would say Whoreson should say "undamaged" rather than "boosted", so it is not a garbage 5 for 10 against decks like Warriors, even if it would be 1p more expensive, which would mean that one should find an opportunity in every non-no-unit matchup.

King Emhyr? Seriously? How about adding some veil and shield and Resilience and immunity and assimilate on it too?
With 7 points and 11 provisions, while having aristocrat category and draw and put back deploy ability, You can coup on every enemy, destroy every enemy with Vincent, get dozens of statuses and spyings, and with devotion which is very easy for Nilfgaard, you can damage and seize every enemy.
That's the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in the history of video games.
Please cdpr just nerf Nilfgaard once. Let other faction have a little chance.

King Emhyr? Seriously? How about adding some veil and shield and Resilience and immunity and assimilate on it too?
With 7 points and 11 provisions, while having aristocrat category and draw and put back deploy ability, You can coup on every enemy, destroy every enemy with Vincent, get dozens of statuses and spyings, and with devotion which is very easy for Nilfgaard, you can damage and seize every enemy.
That's the most overpowered thing I've ever seen in the history of video games.
Please cdpr just nerf Nilfgaard once. Let other faction have a little chance.
@Philido I summon thee, the pitchforks are out again :D

If you planned on trying out the new Lockdown you might wanna wait until a hotfix is released.
IMG_20210309_120241.jpg

Getting pretty tired of loading up the game only to find out that my decks don't work anymore or that they are now downright illegal.
I play Gwent as a casual past time for when I wan't to relax with some mathematical goodness... Having to constantly change or rework my decks to conform to these constant patches makes the game a chore.
Couple that with the latest expansion making the game the least fun that its been so far means that I'm out.
See you in a few years CDPR.

Top Bottom