8.3 Patch notes

+

ya1

Forum regular
Nice one! Feels almost like a mini-expansion. Good job, two months of Viy forgotten! :)

(ironically about Oneiro) yeah, healthy card that breaks the whole idea of deckbuilding

And what exactly is that "whole idea of deckbuilding"? To build a deck and not draw what you built?

(unironically) NG is the faction with the best leaders

Sorry to use argumentum ad verecundiam but pretty much every top player I've heard talking about it disagrees completely: Redrame, the Council guys, etc.

Taking Lockdown down a notch

Yeah no Lockdown is unplayable now. Worse than Invigorate imo.

-NG. Henrietta. WHAT. THE. F**K?
Are they completely mad?

Nah it's like 12 for 9 vs. Elves, Kelly, maybe more vs. Uprising, 10 for 9 plus removal value vs. ST-PS and that's it. Bricks vs. everything else and bricks hard vs. Ursine. And some occasional Dandelion Show ceilings in Double Cross mirrors (three Balls, etc.). It's meta-reliant but it looks like a meme card to me.

Good update. The game is really interesting right now, a lot more depth than back in MM.
I'm sure it's not perfectly balanced but I'd rather have big exciting cards than just "boost by X" or "damage by X".

So that was me backing in the game after 1 week not playing, trying one of the new cards in a whole diferent deck and than...

boom, 2 consecutives matches against madocs decks, without any of the new cards...

Why?? Why?? Cant people try to have fun and use diferent things?

Guest 4557442

So that was me backing in the game after 1 week not playing, trying one of the new cards in a whole diferent deck and than...

boom, 2 consecutives matches against madocs decks, without any of the new cards...

Some people are all about winning - whatever the means - and I guess that kinda brings them fun. For me, I can't copy and paste a deck and use it to play (no matter how popular). I have to create my own decks from scratch - despite how bad they may be.

Alright, I'll go faction by faction of what I think of the changes (I skip stuff I don't have an active opinion on atm):

Monsters
- Carapace: Why was this nerfed (even only slightly)? Did anyone complain about an unstoppable Ciri: Dash? lol. I mean I never played the Keltulus and Ciri deck as I never found it interesting, actually I loved to play against it cuz it just always got annihilated by some of the tall punish I love to put into my decks. :p
- Alp: Good, this card needed a buff, though I'd have made the bleeding order be at 2 value so it's total value is at 8 + synergy which fits into other 5 prov cards.
- Fleder: This card needed a buff/redesign but.. not sure this was the way forward, it will just end up having a ton of vitality it doesn't get to use and just ain't rly interesting to look at. An interesting idea would be to make him get boosted twice as fast from Vitality if there is Blood Moon effect on the opposite row! :eek: ... and by "twice as fast" I mean boost at the end of enemy turn, not like double-boost at the end of your turn so it's a bit less insane.
- Protofleder: This card needed a buff and this is a buff so good.
- Dettlaff Van Der Erretin: COOL!
- Unseen Elder: COOL! But I'd have given him Veil too (or increase his power to 6), I mean he IS the Unseen Elder. :]

- Disappointed that Dol Dhu Lokke is still the worst location card of all (it's ability is plain bad and not useful enough), I wish this was changed.

Skellige
- Crach an Craite - Scary, but I think we'll survive... maybe.
- Eist Tuirseach - Too scary :x this is a 12 or 13 provision card.

- I loved all the rest of changes done here to SK and all are good!
But I lament that there isn't more done, primarily nerfing Gutting Slash' bloodthirst to be 2 bleeding instead of +2 instant damage (!) and Cerys to 12 provisions. Also a cap on how much Bear Witcher Mentor can be boosted (like you put a limitation to Lyrian Schyteman) and nerf Patricidal Fury so it's not giving Bloodthirst 3 instant, let it give Bt (2) instead. Also pls rework Yoana so she does something with armor. :]

Northern Realms
- King Foltest: ... I don't like that he's an addition to an already annoying Commando spam archetype. :| but okay I guess.
- Queen Meve: Cool though nothing special (actually she's pretty damn weak! lol, a magnet for removal).
- The rest is okay, nothing too special I'd comment on, pretty tame and mild changes to NR...

Scoia'tael
- Brouver Hooge - I love that he adds value and synergy with armor for Dwarves which is exactly what they needed! But... he's a bit too powerful, nerf him to 5 power and then it'd be cool. :love:
- Eldain - Cool! But maybe a bit too strong (by a tiny bit, maybe make him 5 power or 11 provision and it's perfect), I can see him getting 15 to 18 value + Elf synergy without much problems.
- Changes to traps are good, especially for Serpent Trap (though I suggested before to be Spring: Deal 2 dmg and poison a random enemy unit, this is cool too) but for Pitfall Trap I still think it's an underwhelming card.
- Eibhear Hattori: Not particularly interesting but better then he was before so yay.
- Slight buff to Saskia is nice.
- Unfortunate that there is no nerf to Malena, or a buff to some useless 4P cards like Farseer.

/
Okay for now this is all I have time to comment on, I'll make a new post later when I can on the rest. =)

Last edited:
Alright, I'll go faction by faction of what I think of the changes (I skip stuff I don't have an active opinion on atm):

Monsters
- Carapace: Why was this nerfed (even only slightly)? Did anyone complain about an unstoppable Ciri: Dash? lol. I mean I never played the Keltulus and Ciri deck as I never found it interesting, actually I loved to play against it cuz it just always got annihilated by some of the tall punish I love to put into my decks. :p
EXACTLY...this irritates me so much. Nerf the leader because of a single card that isn't even in a T2 deck. The bigger issue was why MO has to rely on neutral cards right now but they completely overlooked that. It's because everything is being nerfed into oblivion. OH is barely playable so people like myself moved to carapace and now they nerfed that

[...] Nerf the leader because of a single card that isn't even in a T2 deck. [...]
According to TLG Keltulis has been high Tier 2 the entire season and at some point Tier 1.
The nerf is fair as it only really hits the Dash interaction, where she can still be buffed, but can be locked etc., while leaving the ability the same for MO themselves (like for the new Vampires).

DRK3

Forum veteran
Have only played a bit, like 12 matches on casual, won all except one vs a humble Dun Banner that his only new card was Foltest, but he Draug'ed and then Voymir which negated my counters and my CA wouldnt matter.

I've made 5 new decks but ive only tried 2 so far: Crach Pirates and Elven Traps. Here's the information i collected:

- Clearly there are a lot of newer and struggling players, since i faced several players just using old decks, or with just 1 new card, probably cant afford to get everything new right away. Although it felt so devilishly good destroying morons using NG lockdown, VWMentor, Kolgrim decks without any changes, i really hope those players who put all their resources on that deck feel the struggle now...

- Dont underestimate Crach. He is similar to Arnachad, except he's not the one who duels, but the ships and pirates you put next to him. The advantage of crach is his deploy ability, giving 3x2armor, so unlike Arnachad, even if he's insta countered, you dont feel bad as you still got some value (he works really well with the DW ship)
(EDIT) and terror of the seas, but unlike the DW ship, dont put it next to crach, just give it the armor and use on another row

- Ive faced a couple of vampire players, there's clearly a big fanbase of this archtype, and its definitely stronger, but i still beat em both, not sure if it was my decks had better matchup or because i took advantage of their mistakes... But yeah, vampires is one to look out

- Another vampire player forfeited vs my elf trap deck, on R1 i commited more than him but won... then on R3 i just spam a ton of traps, after the 4th one he forfeited, poor guy, had no targets for all those bleeds, then i would explode with points with elf leader ability, feign death, vernossiel and eldain. i dont like being a douche and playing non interactive, but elves and traps are my 2 favourite ST archtypes and they work so well together now...

They are after you personally, no doubt about it! :oops:
Post automatically merged:

Another vampire player forfeited vs my elf trap deck, on R1 i commited more than him but won... then on R3 i just spam a ton of traps, after the 4th one he forfeited, poor guy, had no targets for all those bleeds, then i would explode with points with elf leader ability, feign death, vernossiel and eldain. i dont like being a douche and playing non interactive, but elves and traps are my 2 favourite ST archtypes and they work so well together now...
It is a bit of a thin ice calling Lockdown palyers morons, but at the same time playing SC no-unit... :D
Let's just say you don't like previous Lockdown, and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Dear developers and community,

It saddens me greatly that Cadaverine has been changed.

Cadaverine was truly my favorite card of all times. It could attack both wide and tall and it was the answer that no-one expected. It was hilarious to watch how opponents reacted to it. Most of all, it was a good answer to many things (and even meta-decks) because of its many uses. I've used it f.ex to Larvas, Arachas and Revenants..! Sometimes it would be worth zero or even minus points, which made it just more fun :D

I've played Cadaverine since I started GWENT and despite other and better decks I kept returning to the Tactic-Helge-Cadaverine combo whenever I played the game simply because it was so fun to play. If you would ever return the card I would be ever grateful!!!

- Sari from Finland :)

It is a bit of a thin ice calling Lockdown palyers morons, but at the same time playing SC no-unit... :D

Elf traps is most definitely NOT the same as "no unit." Probably a good bet that unless you're like arachas swarm, I'll have more "units" than you in the end.

And traps also is pretty far from lockdown, too, so not sure what the correlation there is supposed to be. Annoying to play against? I'd say Lockdown is in the league of its own in that category.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

According to TLG Keltulis has been high Tier 2 the entire season and at some point Tier 1.
The nerf is fair as it only really hits the Dash interaction, where she can still be buffed, but can be locked etc., while leaving the ability the same for MO themselves (like for the new Vampires).
Keltulis isn't why they nerfed it, it doesn't even affect Keltulis so not sure why point that out. I don't see Carapace dominating anywhere and it does even less now in a token filled meta so that argument is moot. They specifically said Ciri and no it doesn't just hit Ciri. I use Idarran or if I play Maxii to help counter clog and maybe need to protect it or any other number of cards that I need to protect from say poison...the list goe son. As mentioned above MO has to turn to neutral cards so this hits a lot of strategies. I really don't care about vampires, we're in a unitless meta....this will be about as strong as frost is right now.

- Another vampire player forfeited vs my elf trap deck, on R1 i commited more than him but won... then on R3 i just spam a ton of traps, after the 4th one he forfeited, poor guy, had no targets for all those bleeds, then i would explode with points with elf leader ability, feign death, vernossiel and eldain. i dont like being a douche and playing non interactive, but elves and traps are my 2 favourite ST archtypes and they work so well together now...

This!!! That was my first thought, the excitement about vampires was premature but it was quite obvious to anyone paying attention to the last few months. We're in a unitless meta and bleed is slow tempo. buffing 1 or 2 bronze units doesn't change how out of sync it is with the game in it's current state.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are after you personally, no doubt about it! :oops:

You love me right?

A lot of players said they insta forfeit against lockdown, but only to me you "advice" to took a break from the game. And now, even in this same topic i blame about this, other players have said about ppl playing the same meta as before and you only quote me.

I think you are after me personally, almost no doubt about it.

And, if you are just trying to make fun, let me advice you, i dont like your "moderator wanna be" way of post

on topic, i ve just played 2 games with foltest and commandos and that was great.

In fact you need to be carfull to not create more than 9 commandos (yes, in both the games my opponent didint countered my foltest and i have created a lot of commandos)

Keltulis isn't why they nerfed it, it doesn't even affect Keltulis so not sure why point that out. I don't see Carapace dominating anywhere and it does even less now in a token filled meta so that argument is moot. They specifically said Ciri and no it doesn't just hit Ciri. I use Idarran or if I play Maxii to help counter clog and maybe need to protect it or any other number of cards. As mentioned above MO has to turn to neutral cards so this hits a lot of strategies.
Keltulis is one of the names of the deck, given that its main card is Keltulis.
If I was unclear it should now be clear I guess.
They even stated themselves that that Carapace deck focused around Keltulis was a bit much with the ability to efficiently pressure with Ciri: Dash and as such they changed Carapace to restrict the interaction between it and Dash.

There are other possible interactions that get hit this way, however the only regular interaction from the previous meta is the one with Dash.

Just from early impressions, the new cards seem like a real mixed bag.

I like the effort to make trap, dwarf and vampire decks viable, but I'm really worried about Nilfgaard. NG was already an OP nightmare, and I think they've made it worse.

Anna Henrietta is ridiculous - like Damien de la Tour, but unblockable and 2 provision cheaper? Insane.

Emhyr is annoying too, because he further overpowers Coup de Grace, which is already horrible. I'm so sick of seeing the Joachim and CdG combo, but now I can look forward to copies of all my best units too. Great...

[...] but I'm really worried about Nilfgaard. NG was already an OP nightmare, and I think they've made it worse. [...]
How so ? In fact the toxic leader has been reworked.

[...]
Anna Henrietta is ridiculous - like Damien de la Tour, but unblockable and 2 provision cheaper? Insane.
[...]
Not really, Damien allows you to use YOUR leader ability again, Anna allows you to also use a leader ability you have no influence on again, which can be something faction locked or Ursine Ritual, in which case you get around 0-1 point out of it.

[...]
Emhyr is annoying too, because he further overpowers Coup de Grace, which is already horrible. I'm so sick of seeing the Joachim and CdG combo, but now I can look forward to copies of all my best units too. Great...
Except that Coup is only in some cases better on your units than Joachim, in fact Emhyr is another 7 for 11 unit, which really suffers if you it gets locked, poisoned etc.

Top Bottom