Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't read too much into it folks.

Until the actual patch notes drop the only thing these points to is that the patch is indeed much bigger in scale than what we got previously. It doesn't look like we're getting another 1.1.

Let's not forget that the main goal is to get the game back on Playstation. Don't expect anything else than bug fixes/general performance improvements.

There were numerous files updated yesterday. You can click on each Depot number to see what files were changed.
I am not sure what it means when that happens. It almost looks like process automation in CDPR is pushing updated builds to Steam with a "do not deliver" tag on it. I presume, if that is the case, eventually, they have a "please deliver" moment and we get a patch containing whatever they last delivered to Steam.

I am not sure what it means when that happens. It almost looks like process automation in CDPR is pushing updated builds to Steam with a "do not deliver" tag on it. I presume, if that is the case, eventually, they have a "please deliver" moment and we get a patch containing whatever they last delivered to Steam.
My guess is either, those are updates that have been tested and ready for release when the whole patch is ready, or they are updates that are now in the testing phase. Either way it's forward progress and hopefully means 1.2 will be ready in the next week or 2.

DC9V

Forum veteran
My guess is either, those are updates that have been tested and ready for release when the whole patch is ready, or they are updates that are now in the testing phase. Either way it's forward progress and hopefully means 1.2 will be ready in the next week or 2.
They probably just started going back to work on 1.2, because of the cyberattack.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming in April or later...

Waiting is great, builds character. Am closing in on completing my second playthrough and it makes sense to wait until the next patch before sending Nomad V out into the mad-as-toast wonderful world of Night City. A quick check revealed that there's actually a very lot of other different games that can also be played, so it's not even really like waiting. Take as long as you need, and good luck with sony, their house seems to be a bit of a shambles at the moment in various ways but they have a duty to their stakeholders to make available for digital sale a game, when fixed up to whatever standard they require - presumably not as great as one might be led to believe if the regular system-locking crashes of Black Ops Cold War are any precedent - that will sell by the number of bucketloads that the JPMorgan's of the world invested to see in return.

Meanwhile, they just said late March, so just be realistic and expect to hear nothing til late March. Let's be honest though, if they gave an update today half the folk on here would cry Liars! You said No Update Til Late March!

......uh huh. Aaaaaanyway, hurry up please.

This goes beyond misunderstanding. People are beginning to confuse the meaning of the word means communication. The silence of the CDPR, generates rumors and speculation, people think that this silence is not accidental. Definitely some players believe that CDPR will abandon the game . And such thoughts most often come from silence. This is what most people are trying to say about "silence"

I found this video here, which at least might generate some hope:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Fantastic News for the Franchise, as CDPR reinvestes in Cyberpunk !

Hey I read that they Fix the Delamain side quests in one of the patches so is it working for others now as I havent tried it yet and I r
Had to use an old save file since other bugs prevented me from continuing the game on that file so now I'm on act 2 again and starting the quest over from Tune Up.

ALSO I DIDNT SEE ANY THREADS REGARDING THE DELAMAIN FACILITY COULD A MOD CREATE ONE FOR ME I JUST WANT TO KNOW OF THERE ARE ANY LEGENDARY ITEMS TO GET WHILE IM STILL INSIDE THE FACILITY AS LAST TIME I EXPLORED THE AREA I GOT THE BUG WITH THE QUEST AND THERE WAS A DOOR THAT REQUIRED LIKE 10 TO BODY SO I ALSO WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS INSIDE THAT ROOM. DID ANYONE OPEN THAT DOOR? ID LIKE TO EXPLORE BUT DONT WANT MY GAME TO BUG OUT AGAIN.

Attachments

• 16153504654628125717857113972996.jpg
    16153504654628125717857113972996.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 68
Here's what I know. This is the most immersive, engaging game I've played since Skyrim came out a decade ago. It takes courage and vision to create like this. To think this big. To have the audacity to think you can make something bigger and better than anything out there. Something that sets a new standard for what a game can do. I can't imagine the pressure you guys were under with deadlines and then covid hitting like it did. Seeing how you took Witcher from an obscure b list title with a character no one had heard of to the hottest fantasy property on the planet I've learned to trust you. Cyberpunk2077 is the only game I've payed full price for since I can remember. I paid full price specifically because I thought the bad press was unfair. I don't regret my decision one bit. In fact, when the stock started to falter I went in for 10 grand. And I'm not a day trader. I never buy individual stocks but I watched your explanation/apology/commitment video and thought... these guys will turn this into a game of the year, into a huge franchise, into a massive smash. They have what it takes. That's how much I trust you guys. So patch it when it's ready, ignore the haters and continue to follow your vision. Cyberpunk2077 is already a masterpiece in my book (and I've been gaming since the mid 80's) . Thank you for drawing me into an icredible world. For keeping this art form relavant and fresh... for taking risks for a shot at creating moments that feel like magic. That's what you've already done. I can't wait to see where you take it next.

Here's my take on what I've managed to scoop up thanks to other Redditors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ly99m3
To summarize: Patch 1.2 might be larger than all the accumulated changes from launch to 1.12, especially if we're to believe what they've said from their tweets.
I will admit, this looks quite epic. I hope not that they spawn right on top of you becasue then police will be impossible to deal with :ROFLMAO:

I'm waiting for something bigger like expansion or game mode. I don't think that patch 1.2 will change much for me. Played for 100h on 5 y old PC without any serious problems. As far as I know coming update will focus on performance issues and bugs fixing so nothing to be excited about.

So 2 weeks had passed , no patch no news when or did they meant the other half of the month...

After my playthrough, i have now completely lost interest. Shame really. But too many things dont work and no matter what life path you take - its the same game, minus a few "choices". I doubt the 1.2 patch will make it worth replaying. My guess is i will try again once that first DLC is out. Until then, good night NC.

I found this video here, which at least might generate some hope:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Fantastic News for the Franchise, as CDPR reinvestes in Cyberpunk !
I have to laugh. Where are people getting the idea that CDPR is walking away from Cyberpunk? This must be something maintained by people on Youtube.

I'm waiting for something bigger like expansion or game mode. I don't think that patch 1.2 will change much for me. Played for 100h on 5 y old PC without any serious problems. As far as I know coming update will focus on performance issues and bugs fixing so nothing to be excited about.

I am expecting many bug fixes, crash fixes, performance fixes... mainly console, but also PC. No new features, but maybe some that feel new because they were broken.

So 2 weeks had passed , no patch no news when or did they meant the other half of the month...
I interpreted "second half of March" to be in the last two weeks of March. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom