Cyberpsycho's - In game benefit to killing them?

+
I know Regina asks you not to, and there is a clear reason to do things her way. But I didn't notice and in game resource trying to get me to kill them? Was there something I missed? Was there a thread i didn't pick up? I felt like the only option was to save them. For example Bioshock with the little sisters, the was an argument for and against it., and you where rewarded short term, or long term for your choice. Anyone?

I know Regina asks you not to, and there is a clear reason to do things her way. But I didn't notice and in game resource trying to get me to kill them? Was there something I missed? Was there a thread i didn't pick up? I felt like the only option was to save them. For example Bioshock with the little sisters, the was an argument for and against it., and you where rewarded short term, or long term for your choice. Anyone?

Yes, it is more fun... ;)
But yeah I see your point. so what would you suggest that would make sense? Would have to be something other than money. More street cred?

why should there be a benefit to killing them?

Maybe benefit isn't the right word?

Is there a reason to kill them? Like a contract that pays out high if you dont leave them alive for Regina?

I'm just wondering why there should be any reason/benefit to killing people.
Post automatically merged:

Not that I have seen. They are super hard to kill, anyway. I think the only way is to dismember them, then nuke the neighborhood from orbit.

all you have to do is hit them again after they have 1 hp. it can actually easily happen by accident if you got multihit things.

I'm just wondering why there should be any reason/benefit to killing people.

Less paperwork, preventing revenge, not having to worry they shall return to commit X deed, etc. Many benefits and reasons to kill people in NC.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe benefit isn't the right word?

Is there a reason to kill them? Like a contract that pays out high if you dont leave them alive for Regina?

Other than lust for blood, nope.

There's a cybersycho in a small yard in Santo Domingo who wears a mech suit, and when you encounter him he's in the middle of a very active fire fight with another big guy who's using a car as a shield.

I've done the gig twice now, and taken them both (the psycho and his opponent – because if you don't take the opponent out he'll kill you) with non-lethal weapons both times.

Both times, the message to send to Regina at the end was scripted to say I killed him, although I didn't. I don't know whether this is a bug, or whether the writers assumed this one was too dangerous to take down non-lethally and didn't allow for that option. But it's disappointing.

HOLY FREAKING HOBGOBLIN ON A STICK!!!! DAAAMMMMmmmm, wow, really? I need to go lie down for a while...
Haha I did not expect this to be news to anyone. :) I mainly posted it because it took me a couple of cyberpsycho gigs to catch on, and the whole "wondering if the end result was worth it" question would be Google fodder for those at the Just Starting end of the game.
Of course it's purely optional, I know some folk like the role playing of using morally determined choices, but you do get extra XP, street cred and I think a small amount of eddies which will be useful for early players :)

Every Cyberpsycho gets a pistol to the head after I complete the capture with Regina, for the skill-up points, and street cred.

Hell, I do it to every person that is still moving, which can be quite a few depending on how you 'killed' them. If they don't have a pool of blood under them, and still have a head..... POP!

HOLY FREAKING HOBGOBLIN ON A STICK!!!! DAAAMMMMmmmm, wow, really? I need to go lie down for a while...

While laying down munching on your crispy hobgoblin consider the stealth jobs. You can do the same there. Finish the quest without killing anyone then return and unleash the murder train. Make sure to visit any drop points to collect loot if using this approach. Doing so is what formally completes the quest.

There's a cybersycho in a small yard in Santo Domingo who wears a mech suit, and when you encounter him he's in the middle of a very active fire fight with another big guy who's using a car as a shield.

I've done the gig twice now, and taken them both (the psycho and his opponent – because if you don't take the opponent out he'll kill you) with non-lethal weapons both times.

Both times, the message to send to Regina at the end was scripted to say I killed him, although I didn't. I don't know whether this is a bug, or whether the writers assumed this one was too dangerous to take down non-lethally and didn't allow for that option. But it's disappointing.

pretty sure I did that one without killing him. Make sure you, nor anything else kills him after he gets 1 hp. Also I tend to use something specifically non lethal at the end, like punches.

there are some cyberosycho's you cant capture, but Regina doesn't ask you to capture them.

While laying down munching on your crispy hobgoblin consider the stealth jobs. You can do the same there. Finish the quest without killing anyone then return and unleash the murder train. Make sure to visit any drop points to collect loot if using this approach. Doing so is what formally completes the quest.
Careful, I think they've had enough shock for one day. :)

Last edited:
When I was on a completionist playthrough, I hunted down all 17 cyberpsychos and kept them alive, hoping there would be some kind of a meaningful end to it. I actually expected that Regina would work with whoever was trying to develop a cure for cyberpsychosis, and getting all of them without killing them would produce that cure. But there was...nothing. Perhaps this quest chain was another thing left unfinished.

Yeah, I'm an old guy my heart can only take so much. Still dismayed by that bad of an exploit that the dev really has no excuse for. That's just basic! :rolleyes:

LOL, I think you're being a bit dramatic over one little thing that is likely intentional anyway.

LOL, I think you're being a bit dramatic over one little thing that is likely intentional anyway.

How so? (not the drama I know I was being silly ) how would it be intentional? That makes no sense to me because once they come to get the subject and find instead a dead body V would get in trouble for lying to the fixer.

Top Bottom