River doesn't look like a cop

+
Was there some explanation in the game that I missed for why River doesn't look at all like a cop? Even as a detective wearing civilian clothes I'd expect him to be wearing something more "professional" than what he has on. He also drives around in his own personal vehicle. As a detective he might not drive a marked squad car, but it seems like he would be driving an unmarked NCPD-issue car or truck and not his own?

He just doesn't look or act like any other member of the NCPD in the entire rest of the game and it seems weird. I'm tempted to believe that the character was not originally intended to be NCPD.

Was there some explanation in the game that I missed for why River doesn't look at all like a cop? Even as a detective wearing civilian clothes I'd expect him to be wearing something more "professional" than what he has on. He also drives around in his own personal vehicle. As a detective he might not drive a marked squad car, but it seems like he would be driving an unmarked NCPD-issue car or truck and not his own?

He just doesn't look or act like any other member of the NCPD in the entire rest of the game and it seems weird. I'm tempted to believe that the character was not originally intended to be NCPD.
You would like him more if he is wearing a uniform? Hm could be kinda hot. ;)

I thought River is a detective?

I'm tempted to believe that the character was not originally intended to be NCPD.
Funny when his whole character is about being a good cop in a corrupt police force XD

Was there some explanation in the game that I missed for why River doesn't look at all like a cop?
This is a detective from Detroit Become Human, detectives especially those working undercover are supposed to blend in they wont go in their unifrom to meet their informants....
Hank_2.jpg

River's a detective. Those guys are not "looking like police" in real life, too. I personally know one, quite high-ranking, too. She's somewhere in her late 30s, and if you'd meet her, by her looks you'd think she's some mid-tier manager, or some nurse, or possibly a paparazzi. Very relaxed, quite "fancy" (but not too much so) clothes, manners like any "middle class with a bit of higher education" lady would have. While in reality, she's got iron grip and is exceptionally good at reading people. I had a honor to aid her in one small case a bit, and dam was it a pleasure. She revealed to me who she is completely informally (but, of course, there was an equivalent of a badge to check), and results of her work based on my testimony which i happened to discover later - were perfectly impressive (even though not exactly what i expected it'd be).

So yeah. River's OK. Totally OK.

He's undercover. I can remember a well known drug squad officer in Edinburgh when I was young, who went around in an afghan coat, Che Guevara t-shirt and patched jeans; and drove a Triumph Herald convertible with a flying pig painted on the doors.

Of course, the fact that I can describe him fifty years later is proof that his efforts to conceal his identity didn't ultimately work, but undercover police have to look like the criminals they're hunting, or at least like the people those criminals associate with.

The point the OP was trying to make is that generally detectives (although not obliged) wear suits/are more formally dressed.

Bingo.

But you know what would be a cool addition to the game would be slipping in a place where you can see a photo of younger River in the regular NCPD uniform when he was a regular officer, before he got promoted to detective. Maybe he still has his eye in that photo too, implying he might have lost it in the course of his work as a cop on the street.

Only thing I hope is to be able to become part of MaxTac and slaughter Cyberpsychos instead of doing Regina's quest.

Only thing I hope is to be able to become part of MaxTac and slaughter Cyberpsychos instead of doing Regina's quest.

I've now come to think that a lot of cyberpsychos are actually
victims of the Nightcorp/SSI mind-control conspiracy, which is why nobody has yet figured out what causes cyberpsychosis.
So I kind of feel bad for them.

I've now come to think that a lot of cyberpsychos are actually
victims of the Nightcorp/SSI mind-control conspiracy, which is why nobody has yet figured out what causes cyberpsychosis.
So I kind of feel bad for them.
unlikely
cyberpsychosis is caused by extensive body modification according to the lore

I kinda like the fact that River doesn't look or act like a stereotypical cop. It goes to show you that he's is his own person with personality traits and the works.

unlikely
cyberpsychosis is caused by extensive body modification according to the lore

Heh, yeah I am familiar with the lore. Been playing CP for 30+ years :)

What I'm getting at is that the triggers for cyberpsychosis are poorly understood. What makes one person fall victim to cyberpsychosis while another person with the same mods does not? Obviously people don't go cyberpsycho if they have no cyberware, but not everyone with cyberware goes psycho. There are unexplained factors.

What this means is that if you have a way to make someone with cyberware go nuts (even for a brief time), you can count on MaxTac terminating them ASAP and assuming it's cyberpsychosis and not investigating it at all. That seems useful to a conspiracy outfit ;-)

Top Bottom