Season of the Bear has started!

+
Two days since release, and it is time to switch this seasonal mode to something else.

Why?

Because everybody's playing NG already.

Yes, yes, you figured that certain combinations work, but is it fun to play it over and over again?

Yeah, I always blitz seasonal mode quests in the first day or so because I know that they'll just develop their own meta by day two or three and won't be as fun anymore.

I really like the concept of the 10 card / no deck game, but NG has a pretty much unbeatable deck for this mode.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So yeah, ive only decided to try seasonal today, and was disappointed by encountering the same NG BS as last year, i was hoping with the surge of new players, and new cards we would get different experimentation.

Even though NG is slightly favoured due to cheap golds that were already good last year (Tibor, Imperial Golem, Vilgefortz), its not as bad as in other seasonals and its very much beatable by other factions:

I've done 7 matches, 5 of them vs this dumb doublecross pointslam - won 4, tied 1. And ironically only lost against players using other factions and strategies, one imposter and one deadeye ambush.

Im using NR Mobilization, with siege, radeyah and shupe. You can use anything really, as long as you pack cheap tall removal. Its particularly great since these brainless players use doublecross and if you dont use tall units yourself, their options will brick, or even better burn their own tall units (CoC, Scorch, Glorious Hunt).

Im using Geralt, CoC and Vincent Meis (trades amazingly well vs Tibor or Golem)

So yeah, ive only decided to try seasonal today, and was disappointed by encountering the same NG BS as last year, i was hoping with the surge of new players, and new cards we would get different experimentation.

Even though NG is slightly favoured due to cheap golds that were already good last year (Tibor, Imperial Golem, Vilgefortz), its not as bad as in other seasonals and its very much beatable by other factions:

I've done 7 matches, 5 of them vs this dumb doublecross pointslam - won 4, tied 1. And ironically only lost against players using other factions and strategies, one imposter and one deadeye ambush.

Im using NR Mobilization, with siege, radeyah and shupe. You can use anything really, as long as you pack cheap tall removal. Its particularly great since these brainless players use doublecross and if you dont use tall units yourself, their options will brick, or even better burn their own tall units (CoC, Scorch, Glorious Hunt).

Im using Geralt, CoC and Vincent Meis (trades amazingly well vs Tibor or Golem)
Eldain+Vernossiel traps work as well.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I would like to know who's the streamer/creator i've got to "thank" for making a deck with Radeyah/Shupe, i was thinking i was so smart using them on my NR deck, that the NG netdeckers wouldnt be able to copy but now i face more singletons than not. At least their Henrietta is bricked almost always.

Not sure this is a bug or not, but there are two quests in Ivo van Belhaven tree only gives 30 Meteorite powder as reward, but in other trees it will be 90
QQ截图20210315025804.jpgQQ截图20210315025823.jpg

Not sure this is a bug or not, but there are two quests in Ivo van Belhaven tree only gives 30 Meteorite powder as reward, but in other trees it will be 90
View attachment 11195113View attachment 11195116
That's definitely a problem, but last I checked, I still can't even access that tree in the Reward Book, so I wouldn't get your hopes up that this lesser glitch will be fixed anytime soon.
They nerfed the powder rewards last year with the Season of the Bear which let to a outcry of the Community so they dropped that idea and changed the crafting cost of the Card's instead (legendarys got more expensive and the rest cheaper) but the last year's bear seasonal tree probably stayed unchanged and still has the nerfed powder rewards.

Why has the season already been changed to the elves season (april) from last year? On top of that we still got no new season tree...
Something is running here wrong. I mean, the homepage partially showing polnish text instead of english.

ThorSerpent updated in reddit that the Seasonal mode from now on is an event on weekly basis while The reward tree still be the monthly basis.

This means, casual players can enjoy multiple seasonal game mode in a month. The meta will keep changing and in the end more difficult to use a single decklist to dominate the entire seasonal event in a month -- which is great because more format = more fun.

As a casual player who likes to create my own decks, it takes me several days to think about how I might approach a seasonal mode, then a few more to test decks and get a feel for how to strategize. So by the time I’m ready to really play, the seasonal mode is over. And I am still facing 70 to 80% one deck. If the developers really want to create variety on seasonal (which is fun) they need to either be far more careful about balance (at least making sure there are not obvious super powerful cards for a mode (like Vilgefortz last season), or they need to avoid rerunning old seasonals. It really only takes a few people running well tuned decks to begin to get others playing copies. Neither of these suggestions probably yields sufficient return for developer effort, but I wish they would return to month long seasonals.

As a casual player who likes to create my own decks, it takes me several days to think about how I might approach a seasonal mode, then a few more to test decks and get a feel for how to strategize. So by the time I’m ready to really play, the seasonal mode is over. And I am still facing 70 to 80% one deck. If the developers really want to create variety on seasonal (which is fun) they need to either be far more careful about balance (at least making sure there are not obvious super powerful cards for a mode (like Vilgefortz last season), or they need to avoid rerunning old seasonals. It really only takes a few people running well tuned decks to begin to get others playing copies. Neither of these suggestions probably yields sufficient return for developer effort, but I wish they would return to month long seasonals.
I agre with you, at least they need to stay for 2 weeks.

Only one week its sucks. I always build 2 or 3 seasonals deck and with only one week i cant play or improve them all

DRK3

Forum veteran
I just wish they implemented battle rush / blitz mode seasonal permanently, then i wouldnt play any other mode in Gwent.
Or at least, now include it 1 week in every month, that would still be awesome.

*DRK3's mandatory monthly request for Blitz Mode :shrug:

FYI - For achievement hunters, Double Down is the perfect mode to try to get the "Head Start" achievement. You can double up on all the resilient units if you make your deck properly.

And for once dwarves have a mode that they can dominate... I was putting up some 200+ point rounds last night with double Brouver + double Gezras. Take that NG! (Just beware the double Yrden) :p

It seems the “Ivo of Belhaven” bundle is available for purchase in the shop even though I already completed the reward tree and have all of its content.

Unlike the year of the boar bundles, the content of this bundle does not have any differences with those from the reward tree so this should not be the case.

Can anyone corroborate that they have the same issue?

Top Bottom