Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of march and second half of march means different things.

1. Let's be honest, it's probably not going to be this week. I'm almost certain it'll be next week and if they aim to make it as perfect as possible that is also their plan.
  2. Let's not get hung up on a few days to "fit" the definition of end of the month.
  3. I think you're missing the important part of @Andes_Attack post. Which is that they're aiming for that timeframe but it could very well not happen.

Are you trolling?

End of march and second half of march means different things.

I paraphrased, but got the word I was intending to emphasise correct, ie 'aiming'. When you aim, you may miss. No? It's quite irrelevant whether it's the second half of March or the end of March, they may miss it. That was the point of my post.

1. Let's be honest, it's probably not going to be this week. I'm almost certain it'll be next week and if they aim to make it as perfect as possible that is also their plan.
  2. Let's not get hung up on a few days to "fit" the definition of end of the month.
  3. I think you're missing the important part of @Andes_Attack post. Which is that they're aiming for that timeframe but it could very well not happen.

Uhh.. Okay. I was simply asking for a source, which could very well be out there.

That is all.

It would be one thing for it to be on the very last day of the month (as that is still within the second half of March) and another thing for it to be released in April or later. There are no guarantees (my venom is reserved for those hacker POS's) but to make such a statement and then not deliver can only further erode the thin support CDPR still has.

Mid March is this week...so,just wait.Why so much expeculation and stuff?we all know that this patch is intended to make the game playable on consoles...

To anyone still interested :giggle:

Here's the "patch 1.2"-logic in 2D now, roughly 10-14 hours or 1.5-2 days of coding. Again, not from an expert in game programming, just a web designer who never used canvas in other than testing. I'm actually really bad at programming physics (as shown by crappy collision physics) and generally lazy person and I was able to do this.

Just trying to prove a point that SOMETIMES things doesn't just change in small increments and it's be basically a snap of a finger if CDPR decided to spawn 1000 Jackie Welles' into a specific room just for a good laugh. Coding is complex and fun and some things that appear hard are super-duper easy, and things that seem super-super easy take days to solve, if they can even get solved.

But from what I can draw decision from what they currently possess, and the problems needed for solving, I would bet my lunch ticket there's some form of police mechanic coming.

Anyone who's not followed, you can create ".html" -file and run this canvas script on browser.
Code:
<html>
<canvas id="canvas" width="1200" height="600" style="border:1px solid #d3d3d3;" />
<script>
var canvas=document.getElementById("canvas"),G=canvas.getContext("2d");G.font="30px Verdana";var v={cl:canvas.getBoundingClientRect(),cw:canvas.width,ch:canvas.height,c:{gr:"#DDD",bl:"#000",g:"#0F0",b:"#00F",y:"#FF0"},t:{m:0,c:1,p:2,z:-1},r:!0,add:500,ccr:40,cM:{s:null,x:null,y:null,ax:0,ay:0,axa:0,aya:0,w:20,h:30,ms:.2,r:1,id:null,t:null,ta:null},hP:Math.PI/2,m:{x:600,y:300},ca:[],fr:50/3},f={a:a=>({x:Math.cos(a),y:Math.sin(a)}),d:(a,t)=>Math.sqrt(a**2+t**2),create:(a,t)=>{let e=Object.assign({},a);return Object.keys(t).forEach(a=>{e[a]=t[a]}),e},dB:()=>{G.fillStyle=v.c.gr,G.fillRect(0,0,v.cw,v.ch)},cA:a=>{if(null!==a.ta){let t=a.ta.x-a.x,e=a.ta.y-a.y,c=f.d(t,e);if(c>0){let t=a.ta.x-a.x,e=a.ta.y-a.y;a.ax+=t*a.ms*a.r/c,a.ay+=e*a.ms*a.r/c}}},cd:a=>{v.ca.forEach(t=>{if(t.id!==a.id&&f.d(a.x+a.ax-t.x-t.ax,a.y+a.ay-t.y-t.ay)<v.ccr){let e=f.a(Math.atan2(a.y-t.y,a.x-t.x));if(a.axa+=t.ax*e.x,a.aya+=t.ay*e.y,t.t===v.t.m&&a.t===v.t.p&&(a.ta=v.ca[0],v.ca.length<5)){let a=f.RS();f.naC(3,v.ca[0].x+a.x,v.ca[0].y+a.y,v.t.p,v.ca[0])}a.t!==v.t.m&&(a.r=.01)}})},cr:a=>{a.r<1&&(a.r+=.01)},mTD:a=>{a.ax+=a.axa,a.ay+=a.aya,a.axa=0,a.aya=0;let t=f.d(a.ax,a.ay)/a.mxs;t>1&&(a.ax/=t,a.ay/=t),a.x+=a.ax,a.y+=a.ay,a.ta.t===v.t.z&&(a.x+a.h<0?a.x=v.cw+a.h:a.x-a.h>v.cw&&(a.x=-a.h)),f.dC(a)},dC:a=>{switch(G.save(),G.translate(a.x,a.y),0===a.ay&&0===a.ax||G.rotate(Math.atan2(a.ay,a.ax)+v.hP),G.beginPath(),a.t){case v.t.m:G.fillStyle=v.c.g;break;case v.t.c:G.fillStyle=v.c.y;break;case v.t.p:G.fillStyle=v.c.b}G.fillRect(-a.w/2,-a.h/2,a.w,a.h),G.strokeStyle=v.c.bl,G.lineWidth=1,G.strokeRect(-a.w/2,-a.h/2,a.w,a.h),G.lineWidth=2,G.strokeStyle=v.c.bl,G.strokeRect(1-a.w/2,-a.h/4,a.w-2,2*a.h/3),G.fillStyle=v.c.y,G.fillRect(-a.w/2,-a.h/2,a.w/4,a.w/4),G.fillRect(a.w/2-5,-a.h/2,a.w/4,a.w/4),G.stroke(),G.restore()},naC:(a,t,e,c,n)=>{v.ca.push(f.create(v.cM,{mxs:a,x:t,y:e,id:v.ca.length,t:c,ta:n}))},RS:()=>{let a=Math.random()*Math.PI*2;return{x:Math.cos(a)*(v.cw+Math.random()*v.add),y:Math.sin(a)*(v.ch+Math.random()*v.add)}}};f.naC(5,600,300,v.t.m,v.m);var lane1=50,lane2=120,lane3=480,lane4=550,rp1={x:v.cw+50,y:lane1,t:v.t.z},rp2={x:-50,y:lane2,t:v.t.z},rp3={x:v.cw+50,y:lane3,t:v.t.z},rp4={x:-50,y:lane4,t:v.t.z};f.naC(3,300,lane1,v.t.p,rp1),f.naC(3,600,lane1,v.t.c,rp1),f.naC(3,900,lane1,v.t.c,rp1),f.naC(3,1200,lane1,v.t.c,rp1),f.naC(3,300,lane2,v.t.p,rp2),f.naC(3,600,lane2,v.t.c,rp2),f.naC(3,900,lane2,v.t.c,rp2),f.naC(3,1200,lane2,v.t.c,rp2),f.naC(3,300,lane3,v.t.p,rp3),f.naC(3,600,lane3,v.t.c,rp3),f.naC(3,900,lane3,v.t.c,rp3),f.naC(3,1200,lane3,v.t.c,rp3),f.naC(3,300,lane4,v.t.p,rp4),f.naC(3,600,lane4,v.t.c,rp4),f.naC(3,900,lane4,v.t.c,rp4),f.naC(3,1200,lane4,v.t.c,rp4),canvas.addEventListener("mousemove",a=>{a.clientX&&(v.m.x=a.clientX-v.cl.left,v.m.y=a.clientY-v.cl.top)}),canvas.addEventListener("click",a=>{v.r=!v.r}),setInterval(()=>{v.r&&(f.dB(),v.ca.forEach(a=>f.cA(a)),v.ca.forEach(a=>f.cd(a)),v.ca.forEach(a=>f.cr(a)),v.ca.forEach(a=>f.mTD(a)))},v.fr);
</script>
</html>

Last edited:
This is where just a quick update from CDPR on how things are progressing would stem much of this. Just "things remain on track" or "we're still getting caught up from the hack and may see the date slide." I'm seeing posts about the definition of 'aiming' which tells me that much of the community is interpreting the statements they have made inconsistently.

To quote their own 12/14 update: "We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release." This hasn't happened thus far and it would really help to calm things down a bit by being more transparent on their progress.

Also the cars don't keep spawning if they disappear behind the borders of canvas but wouldn't take long (might as well do it) to add that functionality.
Yes. Keep the cars dont let them spawn and disappear all the time and change the distant headlights and it would be A LOT better and I am sure it can be done pretty fast however apparently hundreds of developers work on different shit....some other important things ofc I am sure but still a disaster.

This is where just a quick update from CDPR on how things are progressing would stem much of this. Just "things remain on track" or "we're still getting caught up from the hack and may see the date slide." I'm seeing posts about the definition of 'aiming' which tells me that much of the community is interpreting the statements they have made inconsistently.

To quote their own 12/14 update: "We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release." This hasn't happened thus far and it would really help to calm things down a bit by being more transparent on their progress.

I think it's fairly obvious why they're not telling us ahead of time - they don't know exactly.

If I was them I'd try to cram as much as I can into this patch (even some content that obviously didn't make it for release!). I'm pretty sure that's what they're trying to do (minus the cut content if we're being realistic) and right now they're not completely certain as testing will reveal whether "X" can make it into this patch or will have to be in the next one.

If they say XYZ will be in and Y doesn't make it, we all know what's going to happen. Another 30 pages long debacle about them "lying". I mean, they could say they're "aiming" to have XYZ in the patch but even that would be interpreted by far too many as - it will be in the patch.

I'd like for them to be more communicative, I really would, it would definitely assuage my curiosity and personally I'm able to understand that things don't always make it in time in development. Yet, I can't fault them for keeping mum all things considered.

We need to really temper our expectations... Well, at least some of us should.

My expectations and predictions:

The patch will come out. On the 26th of March or in April. And it will contain some bug fixing and optimisation (especially on the last gen of consoles). It will not make the game return to PS Store. Not yet. There will be no significant changes to the AI systems (no police chases etc.). Some of the broken perks will work as they should. Streaming system will be tiny better (e.g. we won't notice the disappearing vehicles as often as before). Sprites in the distance will come back to haunt us. Both crafting and loot system will be slightly improved (nothing spectacular). SSR will (still) be broken. There will be no changes to the UI.

In short: PC users will not get anything important.

I hope I am wrong. ;)

We've got comments here that are once again crossing the line between discussion and personal skirmishing. This is how threads get closed. All points of view are welcome, and all points of view are to be respected.

If you cannot show respect for a point of view you disagree with -- do not post.

As to what was said about the game, the patches, etc., the following is the only official information:

1.) The game was released in the state it was because the leadership team believed the Day 0 Patch would put the game into good order, including on last-gen consoles. They were mistaken. They have already accepted responsibility for it, and you can hear it from the horse's mouth right here.

Now, if anyone disbelieves what has been said, they're welcome to. But no: assumptions and speculations are not "obviously correct", and no, no one has "inside information" on what "really happened". It's assumption and speculation.

Becoming abrasive or hostile toward others because they won't accept your theories and guesses is not acceptable.

Conversely, becoming abrasive or hostile toward others because they choose to speculate or believe other possibilities is not acceptable.

Becoming abrasive and hostile is not acceptable. Period. So, please, don't.

2.) There will be an update when there is information to share. When a process gets delayed, that means it's going to take longer to finish whatever task. I can all but promise you that the number of or tenacity of complaints that appear online are not going to make the work that needs to be done any quicker to finish. If you need to boil 20 eggs...you need to wait until 20 eggs have been boiled. If the power goes out or someone turns off the stove before they're ready, you still need to boil 20 eggs. All the complaining in the world does not make eggs boil faster. Be polite.

hey guys I just wanna say I'm a big fan and believe in you please don't disappoint I haven't even been able to finish cyberpunk as it keeps crashing on me and I'm playing on a ps5 I play 5 mins give or take and it crashes I was and am crushed I was so looking forward to exploring what night city had to offer and I can't get passed the prologue please help ! thank you for your time

frankly it will come when it comes and what comes is anyones guess alot can be missed or not ready in time would rather the fixes be right than to have them half arse it just to keep fans happy .. its called patience !!

So relevant.

1615842775856.png

I think it's fairly obvious why they're not telling us ahead of time - they don't know exactly.

If I was them I'd try to cram as much as I can into this patch (even some content that obviously didn't make it for release!). I'm pretty sure that's what they're trying to do (minus the cut content if we're being realistic) and right now they're not completely certain as testing will reveal whether "X" can make it into this patch or will have to be in the next one.

If they say XYZ will be in and Y doesn't make it, we all know what's going to happen. Another 30 pages long debacle about them "lying". I mean, they could say they're "aiming" to have XYZ in the patch but even that would be interpreted by far too many as - it will be in the patch.

I'd like for them to be more communicative, I really would, it would definitely assuage my curiosity and personally I'm able to understand that things don't always make it in time in development. Yet, I can't fault them for keeping mum all things considered.
And it's fine if they don't know exactly...I would welcome the honesty and transparency. I just don't see how the current way they're engaging the community is winning them any good will.

But I am looking forward to seeing the game continue to improve!

Apparently they aren't so mundane though

That's the point, though. In fact, I think the image Gregski included is one of the original references for that article.

That something so utterly mundane to us is, in fact, a multi-stage issue with many complications. Sure, doors are famously complicated in game design despite their real-world simplicity, but that's the point. That game design isn't what we imagine it to be. Neither as simple or as straight-forward as all these armchair designers and coders would have us believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom