Change Foltest's ability from Devotion to Inspired

+
Hey,
I'm new here, I just wanted to share an idea about King Foltest.
I think that his Devotion ability should be changed into Inspired.
The reason is that if you play devotion the deck becomes very inconsistent (no oneiromancy or royal decree).
Would love to get some feedback.

AA is for 9 or lower provisions units, foltest is 12.
With devotion, If he decides to stay on the bottom of your deck then that's all she wrote, you lose 12 provisions.
(Another way around that would be to be able to choose a couple of cards (at most) to always be on your starting hand)

AA is for 9 or lower provisions units, foltest is 12.
With devotion, If he decides to stay on the bottom of your deck then that's all she wrote, you lose 12 provisions.
(Another way around that would be to be able to choose a couple of cards (at most) to always be on your starting hand)
Good point but most of the cards that you need are below 9 provision plus that's the balance for foltest Inspired is easy to get especially in NR so devotion is the way and regarding the RNG part of foltest being on bottom it's RNG in gwent you gotta agree that it's a thing I sometimes miss all my golds and I have no power over it

North, are you a dev?
"most of the cards that you need are below 9 provision" What if I also want to run Erland, Adalia and Roche?
If rng is a thing for gwent, then let it get tweaked, that's the whole point of suggestion thread I think.
My point is that his devotion ability is useless if you cant draw him and he costs 12 provisions, it would be preferable if he costed 10 or 11 without that ability.

North, are you a dev?
"most of the cards that you need are below 9 provision" What if I also want to run Erland, Adalia and Roche?
If rng is a thing for gwent, then let it get tweaked, that's the whole point of suggestion thread I think.
My point is that his devotion ability is useless if you cant draw him and he costs 12 provisions, it would be preferable if he costed 10 or 11 without that ability.
nope i am not but I've accepted the fact that it won't change plus a part of both well built deck and skill is coming from the ability of playing with cards that you have you want a dream scenario if you want all 3 of them in one round

North, are you a dev?
Can you please give a sample deck that you run , Oneiro, Foltest, Erland, Roche, Adalia? What would the rest of the deck be?

I think Foltest is one of the most clever devotion cards. He can be perfectly viable without devotion but you lose out on a nice bonus, so you have to make a hard deckbuilding decision. This is what I feel has been lacking in most other devotion cards. They've been pretty much useless in non-devotion decks.
Giving him inspired instead would remove this aspect. NR swarm decks are already pretty hard to deal with, I don't see why they need an even bigger buff than what Foltest already was.
If you struggle drawing him R1 with devotion Griffin Mentors might help a bit, or a crazier idea, Pincer Maneuver. Not that I think he's a must have R1 or you lose like some make him out to be.

I think Foltest is one of the most clever devotion cards. He can be perfectly viable without devotion but you lose out on a nice bonus, so you have to make a hard deckbuilding decision. This is what I feel has been lacking in most other devotion cards. They've been pretty much useless in non-devotion decks.
Giving him inspired instead would remove this aspect. NR swarm decks are already pretty hard to deal with, I don't see why they need an even bigger buff than what Foltest already was.
If you struggle drawing him R1 with devotion Griffin Mentors might help a bit, or a crazier idea, Pincer Maneuver. Not that I think he's a must have R1 or you lose like some make him out to be.
While his devotion ability is indeed an interesting one, I think Foltest is one of the worst cards in the new pack. He's basically a one-deck card, pretty useless without combining with commandos and those self-summoning riders (don't remember their name in English). So his purpose is to let this deck be played more? Even Broover and Detlaff can be used outside of their "main" decks. Foltest needs not a minor ability tweak, but rather a complete rework.

Last edited:
I agree here. Foltest sounds great at first but he's really just an expensive 1 trick pony, and his only trick has been around for a while now with blue stripes... Also Kolgrim if you're not careful :)

Top Bottom