Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Well, actually, since this was my first CDPR game, and it's been a pish poor experience, you can pretty much take it to the bank that when I say I won't buy the paid DLC or another of their games, I most definitely mean it. The only reason I come here is to find out when the patches are coming, but it won't change my decision even they manage to do a 100% fix - the damage was already done.

I particularly enjoy people coming here to say they will never purchase another CDPR product again. This seems unlikely. If you made an account here and you went to the trouble to post, you are the target demographic.

It's fair to say you'll be cautious next time, or that you will never buy without checking reviews first (you should -all- have done that first and thus, really have no excuse), but Never Buy Again? Nope.

As soon as CDPR's next game is great (odds are it will be) and those 9s return, you'll be buying. Why wouldn't you? If the product is good, why not buy and enjoy it?

You're not teaching any lessons here. If their next product is good, buy and enjoy it and let that be the "lesson".

As for Patch 1.2 - Take As Long As You Need is the lesson from December. Come on. Obviously.

Well knowing how a certain audience work. They may not buy it but they will consume it by other means.
And it is a variable to consider since many cd projekt sales are due to how much it is loved for how it interacts with the public.
Public image.

Ah, the "I'll never buy anything else from you again".

We all grief in different ways, I guess.

CD Project RED will make a 180 on this game, I'm sure of it - it's part of who they are in the end.

Anyway, patch coming up? :D I've been waiting for this one - here's hoping it will be good.

door example shows what is wrong with game industry
big studios complain about doors while small indie team built a game around them with 98% reviews on steam

hope i'm wrong but 1.2 won't bring any optimization or better ai
only minor hotfixes for quests

I particularly enjoy people coming here to say they will never purchase another CDPR product again. This seems unlikely. If you made an account here and you went to the trouble to post, you are the target demographic.

It's fair to say you'll be cautious next time, or that you will never buy without checking reviews first (you should -all- have done that first and thus, really have no excuse), but Never Buy Again? Nope.

As soon as CDPR's next game is great (odds are it will be) and those 9s return, you'll be buying. Why wouldn't you? If the product is good, why not buy and enjoy it?

You're not teaching any lessons here. If their next product is good, buy and enjoy it and let that be the "lesson".

As for Patch 1.2 - Take As Long As You Need is the lesson from December. Come on. Obviously.

Is your job to moderate or discourage discussions ?

Is your job to moderate or discourage discussions ?

Blue text means moderation.

White text means random person speaking his/her mind to other random person.

Moderators everywhere are allowed to speak their own mind too. Within reason, of course, dissing your employer is never a good idea even if it's not in an official moderator way.

I'll admit I was surprised by the post myself but as someone who is generally very direct, I appreciate the post for what it is. Not to mention it's 100% true. :shrug:

Last edited:

Lol wut?

People vote with their wallets all the time, so if people don't like something, they wont buy it.

Lets hope any future products from CDPR they don't embargo any reviews to just prior to launch, as that is a scummy thing to do.

But other than that, if CDPR can turn this around, they should be fine.

You know, I really find this offensive. I pre-ordered the game. I get that moderators have to deal with a lot of crappy posts and unhappy people that just seem intent on spreading the misery. But telling me that I was a sucker for believing in CD Projekt Red and a game that I believed in, like and feel has potential, just gets in my nerves. There are certainly areas in the game that I 100% feel need to either be improved or more, and I've definitely made my frustrations clear on this, but to make the message here is the kind of thing that makes me think very poorly of staff.

You know, I really find this offensive. I pre-ordered the game. I get that moderators have to deal with a lot of crappy posts and unhappy people that just seem intent on spreading the misery. But telling me that I was a sucker for believing in CD Projekt Red and a game that I believed in, like and feel has potential, just gets in my nerves. There are certainly areas in the game that I 100% feel need to either be improved or more, and I've definitely made my frustrations clear on this, but to make the message here is the kind of thing that makes me think very poorly of staff.
You weren't a sucker for believing in CDPR. That's in no way what I said, or meant. In fact, I said the opposite - that believing in CDPR is the odds-on bet.

What I -did- say was, if a person is using the current state of Cyberpunk 2077 to say that they will never, ever buy a CDPR game again, regardless of how good that is, I find that highly doubtful. Especially given CDPR's excellent track record. Even if you think 2077 is terrible, that leaves 3 good-to-great games they already made. The odds are excellent the next game will be great as well.

Why would a person deprive themselves of enjoying a good game because they didn't like the developers previous efforts?

I'm not saying or trying to say I find you a bad moderator either Sardukhar, you've been a solid guy in most everywhere else I've seen you on the Forums. But the way I read the post doesn't match up with what was your apparent - and probably likely, understood - intent. And yeah, agreed that people saying that they'll never buy anything from CDPR is highly doubtful, especially considering the turnaround already establish with the Witcher 3.

I'm not saying or trying to say I find you a bad moderator either Sardukhar, you've been a solid guy in most everywhere else I've seen you on the Forums. But the way I read the post doesn't match up with what was your apparent - and probably likely, understood - intent. And yeah, agreed that people saying that they'll never buy anything from CDPR is highly doubtful, especially considering the turnaround already establish with the Witcher 3.
Fair enough. It did come across as snarky. I'll go edit it to make it less snarky.

Why would a person deprive themselves of enjoying a good game because they didn't like the developers previous efforts?
That's pretty much why I haven't decided to avoid all their future products. I don't see a reason to take such a dramatic stance because a game didn't live up to expectations quite as much as I hoped.

There is another side to that too. I can say there are various video game development studios I personally view with apprehension. Everyone gets the microscope but some get the souped up electron microscope. If a development studio wishes to get blessed with this fancy gadget then some of the ways the CP release was handled is a good starting point.
But the way I read the post doesn't match up with what was your apparent - and probably likely, understood - intent.
I don't know. It seemed clear to me. Why bother voicing concerns over a product if the intent is to completely avoid the company providing it in the future? It does seem like an unlikely action to take in those circumstances. So it kind of makes sense. Stranger things have happened though.

I have gone at least a decade without buying any games from Ubisoft, EA, and Activision, because after a certain point I just pretend those companies don't exist.

I'm not saying CDPR is on that list, but they are now on my wait and see list. If they continue to behave the way they did when they launched cyberpunk, misleading marketing and lies about last gen consoles, they will be added to the ignore list.

Plenty of video games get released every year, I don't need any one developer, my money can always go elsewhere.

ya1

Forum regular

It's fair to say you'll be cautious next time, or that you will never buy without checking reviews first (you should -all- have done that first and thus, really have no excuse)

Wow. That's sudden. Truth that pierces hearts like armor-piercing tech weapons.

Just echoing agreement on Ubisoft, EA, and Activision (plus subsidiaries like Bioware now, sadly). On counterpoint, those companies have established a really long history of bad games IMO, and this is just one game by CDPR and that in the wake of The Witcher 3 which was next to the second coming of video games for me.

Just echoing agreement on Ubisoft, EA, and Activision (plus subsidiaries like Bioware now, sadly). On counterpoint, those companies have established a really long history of bad games IMO, and this is just one game by CDPR and that in the wake of The Witcher 3 which was next to the second coming of video games for me.
Yeah, this kind of doomed CDPR. Even without the glitches and the console screw-up, people were expecting Witcher3+ - even better than the Witcher.

It's worth noting that Witcher 3 had many bugs and issues on and after launch with multiple patches to repair it.

I made some joke a few times about "And it will not be as good as the Witcher and then, the world will end". I was being facetious, but that's kind of what happened. Not only was it not, by most measures, as "good" as Witcher 3 ( I like 2077 a lot more, but I'm a Cpunk guy), but even if it -had- been as good, disappointment was inevitable if 2077 wasn't substantially -better- than Witcher 3. And in many ways, it was. Gameplay, setting detail, art engagement, etc. Not enough for most people though.

Friend of mine and I prefer to compare Cyberpunk 2077 with not Witcher 3 - but Witcher 1. Both were the first tries for the company and both had many glitches as well as much ambition. Yes, they know a lot more since W1 - but 2077 is a LOT more ambitious and has a LOT of firsts for CDPR.

So don't think of this as Witcher 3+, but more in terms of Witcher 1. For 2020. Also, in that sense, I expect patches will only do so much for the game. They will not be a magical fix, although I think there will be many patches coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom