Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this kind of doomed CDPR. Even without the glitches and the console screw-up, people were expecting Witcher3+ - even better than the Witcher.

It's worth noting that Witcher 3 had many bugs and issues on and after launch with multiple patches to repair it.

I made some joke a few times about "And it will not be as good as the Witcher and then, the world will end". I was being facetious, but that's kind of what happened. Not only was it not, by most measures, as "good" as Witcher 3 ( I like 2077 a lot more, but I'm a Cpunk guy), but even if it -had- been as good, disappointment was inevitable if 2077 wasn't substantially -better- than Witcher 3. And in many ways, it was. Gameplay, setting detail, art engagement, etc. Not enough for most people though.

Friend of mine and I prefer to compare Cyberpunk 2077 with not Witcher 3 - but Witcher 1. Both were the first tries for the company and both had many glitches as well as much ambition. Yes, they know a lot more since W1 - but 2077 is a LOT more ambitious and has a LOT of firsts for CDPR.

So don't think of this as Witcher 3+, but more in terms of Witcher 1. For 2020. Also, in that sense, I expect patches will only do so much for the game. They will not be a magical fix, although I think there will be many patches coming.

Well, what I really meant to say was just that even if Cyberpunk 2077 had truly been a complete disaster (which I still feel it wasn't (though I have a truly amazing PC so sorry to consoles)) I still could have given CDPR a bit of a shrug and pass, just because The Witcher 3 was just that amazing. But yeah, your point too.

I still appreciate CDPR, I also enjoy Cyberpunk - it's a great game. Could it have used a bit more time in the oven? Sure. And trying to put it on the last generation consoles was a pretty big mistake. However - I do not think that the rage against CDPR is at all justified, they offered full refunds and even drew the ire of Sony to deal fairly with their customers. CDPR is a great company, keep up the wonderful work!

And the people who hacked and tried to extort CDPR, you guys suck - I mean really suck. [...]

about PS4 and CP-2077
after all that has been written, I can't help but think of those who broke their piggy bank in order to buy the {expensive} collector's version and who were; swindled. no need to deny, no need to hide.
it is these players that I thought a lot about, after seeing prices.
I had pre-ordered {never again} and I was very angry this December 10th 2020; now it's good but I will remember.
I have already written it; these players deserve a game with more quality content, {less neon lights, more logic}. well-redesigned balanced content.
this is not a plus but a duty of CDPR towards its players => its customers.

1.2 Will provide Barbershops, tatto artists, cosmetic surgery at ripperdoc's, implementation of AI for both NPC's and Police, altered vehicle handling, exstensive cuztomisation of weapons and all new stats to clothing.

Source: My Dreams 🙃
Still hyped for the patch, would be nice to get trough the story on at least one of my V's.

The last update of their cdpr_internal_qa build was on the 10th of March at 20:35 in the evening.
https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/history/
I am guessing they are more or less done working on this build and are awaiting certification from Microsoft and Sony to release the patch. Sadly - this way the PC users are more or less "held hostage", until this certification process is complete.
Or i could be dead wrong and they are still working on the patch until the very last minute.

Finished the game and done all the endings. I don't really see the point to pick up and play again on a different life path unless there's a NG+ (which keeps my loot (apart from mission required loot) and upgrades and scales the enemies accordingly. Here's hoping something like that is in the new patch.

Good game, enjoyed every minute of it and I have about 150 hours played on it, but for me, now shelved.

Last edited:
Well, let's make predictions on what day the patch will be released. I bet on March 26th at 23:00 Polish time. Last patch was released on the friday at 23:00 polish time.

Yeah, this kind of doomed CDPR. Even without the glitches and the console screw-up, people were expecting Witcher3+ - even better than the Witcher.

It's worth noting that Witcher 3 had many bugs and issues on and after launch with multiple patches to repair it.

I made some joke a few times about "And it will not be as good as the Witcher and then, the world will end". I was being facetious, but that's kind of what happened. Not only was it not, by most measures, as "good" as Witcher 3 ( I like 2077 a lot more, but I'm a Cpunk guy), but even if it -had- been as good, disappointment was inevitable if 2077 wasn't substantially -better- than Witcher 3. And in many ways, it was. Gameplay, setting detail, art engagement, etc. Not enough for most people though.

Friend of mine and I prefer to compare Cyberpunk 2077 with not Witcher 3 - but Witcher 1. Both were the first tries for the company and both had many glitches as well as much ambition. Yes, they know a lot more since W1 - but 2077 is a LOT more ambitious and has a LOT of firsts for CDPR.

So don't think of this as Witcher 3+, but more in terms of Witcher 1. For 2020. Also, in that sense, I expect patches will only do so much for the game. They will not be a magical fix, although I think there will be many patches coming.
The problem is that the marketing team literally told people to, and I quote, "Expect nothing less than the Witcher 3", and that's exactly what people did. So I think that one of the things CD PR should be doing going forward, is to not have the marketing department completely detached from the rest of the company, promising the public the moon while they can't even build a rocket ship to get there.

I stopped making pre-orders a long time ago. It's sad, but the gaming industry is dying for profit, art for art's sake no longer exists. I no longer buy games from Bioware The great BIOWARE! . I don't want to maintain poor quality. CDPR has a chance,if they miss it, then nothing terrible will happen, for example, I will just stop buying something from them, that's all
Saying a person will never purchase another CDPR product again, because of Cyberpunk 2077? This seems unlikely.

It's fair to say you'll be cautious next time, or that you will never buy without checking reviews first (we should -all- do that first), but never buy again?

As soon as CDPR's next game is great (odds are it will be) and those 9s return, we should be buying. Why wouldn't we? If the product is good, why not buy and enjoy it?

If their next product is good, buy and enjoy it and let that be the lesson.

As for Patch 1.2 - Take As Long As You Need is the lesson from December.

Post Edited for less snark.

The last update of their cdpr_internal_qa build was on the 10th of March at 20:35 in the evening.
https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/history/
I am guessing they are more or less done working on this build and are awaiting certification from Microsoft and Sony to release the patch. Sadly - this way the PC users are more or less "held hostage", until this certification process is complete.
Or i could be dead wrong and they are still working on the patch until the very last minute.
It is a possibility that PC/Steam/GOG are all waiting for Sony and Microsoft to open the Champaign.

The problem is that the marketing team literally told people to, and I quote, "Expect nothing less than the Witcher 3", and that's exactly what people did. So I think that one of the things CD PR should be doing going forward, is to not have the marketing department completely detached from the rest of the company, promising the public the moon while they can't even build a rocket ship to get there.

If you're going to use a quote against them you should really verify your quote.

This quote was in reference to CP2077's future DLC which we have yet to see. Not the game itself.

Here is the full quote in context - from a statement in which CDPR answered questions.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM?
Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Or are you talking about this tweet?

@PrettyBadTweets
Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others.

Which, so far, most seem to agree is exactly what they delivered. A huge open world, story-driven RPG.

I still appreciate CDPR, I also enjoy Cyberpunk - it's a great game. Could it have used a bit more time in the oven? Sure. And trying to put it on the last generation consoles was a pretty big mistake. However - I do not think that the rage against CDPR is at all justified, they offered full refunds and even drew the ire of Sony to deal fairly with their customers. CDPR is a great company, keep up the wonderful work!

And the people who hacked and tried to extort CDPR, you guys suck - I mean really suck. [...]

Imo people have been very unfair towards CDPR. They launched a solid product which the expectable ammount of bugs for a new release. I played it on the XSX and had tons of fun and I completed the story. I'm just waiting for them to improve the game to repeat it more times. People need to be more compreensive, developing such a piece of complex software in a mid of a pandemic that ruined all our work environments its not reasy at all. I also felt it in my job. Just be compreensive and have patience, they're gonna fix it, they're not EA that releases broken games and never fix them or improve them (*cof Anthem *cof).

The problem is the time they take to release the patches...almost everyone finished the game already,and the game dont as a good reason to make me back at it...so new games get released and stuff...also they will take all the time they have...probably the patch wont release this month...

The problem is the time they take to release the patches...almost everyone finished the game already,and the game dont as a good reason to make me back at it...so new games get released and stuff...also they will take all the time they have...probably the patch wont release this month...
They could've release the 1.2 patch already but some morons had to go hack their IT infrastructure.

Well, let's make predictions on what day the patch will be released. I bet on March 26th at 23:00 Polish time. Last patch was released on the friday at 23:00 polish time.

Excellent idea, guessing games are ace. I go with July 27th. They've got a lot of little bugs need patching up, for every line of code they recode presume 10 little unexpected unwanted effects from that recode. All needs fixing. And testing.

Excellent idea, guessing games are ace. I go with July 27th. They've got a lot of little bugs need patching up, for every line of code they recode presume 10 little unexpected unwanted effects from that recode. All needs fixing. And testing.
I can't guess? or what? They will actually release the patch in the second half of March. 1) the game has been removed from the PS-store for three months 2) Optimization on consoles is still very bad.

I liked the game despite the crashes and problems. But I want the best experience and I believe they will keep their promise and release a patch. They've already done a big job with refunds, and they don't want to lose the reputation and trust of players in the future. I know for sure that patch 1.2 will be released in the second half of March, but I want to understand on what day.

about PS4 and CP-2077
after all that has been written, I can't help but think of those who broke their piggy bank in order to buy the {expensive} collector's version and who were; swindled. no need to deny, no need to hide.
it is these players that I thought a lot about, after seeing prices.
I had pre-ordered {never again} and I was very angry this December 10th 2020; now it's good but I will remember.
I have already written it; these players deserve a game with more quality content, {less neon lights, more logic}. well-redesigned balanced content.
this is not a plus but a duty of CDPR towards its players => its customers.

Didn't break any piggy bank but I have actually purchased the Collector's Edition and two extra copies from GOG (one for me and one for a friend) and I really don't feel swindled at all.

I've been buying Collector's Editions of CDPR games since The Witcher 2 and they've always delivered on quality and quantity with what was presented in the Collector's Editions, heck their physical Standard Editions rival some other companies Collector's Editions.

Thanks for the sympathy I suppose :).

As for the PS4 situation, fair enough but the Collector's Edition goodies are still nice :D.

^ just the box the CE came in would do for me :giggle: would look superb in the lounge, not to mention handy for storing stuff. They do crop up on ebay, can't bring myself to pay £30 for a cardboard box though, not yet anyway :whistle:

--- deleted -- nevermind the code doesn't work well on a created window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom