Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ just the box the CE came in would do for me :giggle: would look superb in the lounge, not to mention handy for storing stuff. They do crop up on ebay, can't bring myself to pay £30 for a cardboard box though, not yet anyway :whistle:

the box really looks great and I use it as a sidetable now...but still, I feel swindled. The CE contains all these cool little trinkets like ptaches, a keychain etc, not to mention the statue...and I just don't want to see them anymore. Why should I proudly wear this keychain, when the game is an embarassment in its current state? And everytime I see V's statue I get flashbacks to these terrible endings and I have to think about plot cancer. Not a great feeling, even though the CE itself is really high quality.

--- deleted -- nevermind the code doesn't work well on a created window.

This might be interesting for our Police Chase 2D coder:

There are some save game files on Nexus that one can download and try out (CUT GIGS SAVE GAME mod). They contain some cut content that is still in the released game. One can play four additional missions (gigs): Nasty Hangover, Concrete Cage Trap, Desperate Measures and Hothead (fully written, scripted and with recorded dialogues in many languages).

Two of these missions include non-scripted car chases. And they simply do not work (lots of bugs, silly driver AI behavior etc.). My guess is that the car chases (and missions that involve car chases) were planned and cut out, because the developers could not get them to work properly.

I guess the next patch will show us if CDPR managed to figure out how to make this feature work as intended. But, as I said, I would not hold my breath.

This might be interesting for our Police Chase 2D coder:

There are some save game files on Nexus that one can download and try out (CUT GIGS SAVE GAME mod). They contain some cut content that is still in the released game. One can play four additional missions (gigs): Nasty Hangover, Concrete Cage Trap, Desperate Measures and Hothead (fully written, scripted and with recorded dialogues in many languages).

Two of these missions include non-scripted car chases. And they simply do not work (lots of bugs, silly driver AI behavior etc.). My guess is that the car chases (and missions that involve car chases) were planned and cut out, because the developers could not get them to work properly.

I guess the next patch will show us if CDPR managed to figure out how to make this feature work as intended. But, as I said, I would not hold my breath.

Regarding the broken police system...

In The Witcher 3 when you commit a crime and you are attacked by the guards, you can run away and a few seconds later they forget about you. It makes sense in a fantasy setting because they don't have cars, radios, etc. so it might make sense that they won't chase you beyond a few hundred yards. Except RDR2 is more or less the same (they don't have portable radio and the only real difference between the wild west and medieval setting is that they have guns and telegraph. But in RDR2 you really have to work hard to evade the law when you commit a crime (as in they have a search area and you must leave the search area without being seen by the law, and evade them long enough that they would call off the search).

I think it's possible that CDPR just used The Witcher 3's wanted system and for whatever reason wasn't able to get it to work as well as say GTA.

to be honest, the dumb police AI is the least of my worries. I don't need super dynamic chases, I think this game has more pressing problems, especially on the role playing front (and the quality of the last gen version of course). But they should definitely stop the teleporting, because that is just a bit too ridiculous even for me.

the box really looks great and I use it as a sidetable now...but still, I feel swindled. The CE contains all these cool little trinkets like ptaches, a keychain etc, not to mention the statue...and I just don't want to see them anymore. Why should I proudly wear this keychain, when the game is an embarassment in its current state? And everytime I see V's statue I get flashbacks to these terrible endings and I have to think about plot cancer. Not a great feeling, even though the CE itself is really high quality.
I even plastered my Cabinet with the stickers, to make it look the part.

Imo people have been very unfair towards CDPR. They launched a solid product which the expectable ammount of bugs for a new release. I played it on the XSX and had tons of fun and I completed the story. I'm just waiting for them to improve the game to repeat it more times. People need to be more compreensive, developing such a piece of complex software in a mid of a pandemic that ruined all our work environments its not reasy at all. I also felt it in my job. Just be compreensive and have patience, they're gonna fix it, they're not EA that releases broken games and never fix them or improve them (*cof Anthem *cof).
Definitely not a solid product..more like an empty shell of a game we were told about..so hopefully the 1.2 patch solves this game.

It's ten business days before the end of March. Plenty of time to either deliver 1.2 or delay it. Either way, Zen moment. That's why they included the training sessions in the game. It was probably a tongue-in-cheek plot sub-arc originally, but became ironically fortuitous.

Personally I think this game is dead by July without significant improvements to last-gen console performance, improvements to existing PC content or delivery of new content. I would say June but I'm being optimistic. The mob is fickle, and will move on to the next big thing, whatever it might be.

They launched a solid product which the expectable ammount of bugs for a new release.
You must have played a different game to me then, 'cause this thing has been the buggiest game I've ever played... and I've played a lot of games. People must have low standards if they expect games to be released with a plethora of bugs... personally, I expect them to be working (almost) perfectly - especially considering how much the things cost these days.

Personally I think this game is dead by July without significant improvements to last-gen console performance, improvements to existing PC content or delivery of new content. I would say June but I'm being optimistic. The mob is fickle, and will move on to the next big thing, whatever it might be.
How can a singleplayer game be dead? It doesen't need to maintain player numbers to be profitable like multiplayer game and will continue to sell years after release especially if they fix it. Witcher 1 that is 14 years old still has 900 people playing it right now....

I'm suprised that we haven't gotten ANY additional information about the update yet and it concerns me. You'd think that we'd at least get a brief patch preview by now.

1.2 really has to deliver...
Hmm, what is surprising about it out of curiosity? I mean no offense but there are only so many hours in a day. Even if it's going on, what, three to four weeks since the 1.2 announcement how much change can we really expect within such a short amount of time? How many constant day to day, "We're working on it.", messages do we need?

I could maybe see asking about specifics but perhaps they're working on a vast number of different areas in parallel (across many platforms, likely with different teams on those, possibly with other teams on other upcoming projects, likely with some management/logistical overlap in some areas) and aren't willing to release the detes until they have fully fleshed out, functioning updates in hand. Although, it wouldn't be surprising if whatever was being worked on for this patch was "in the pipeline" before the original 1.2 announcement was made.

It seems like it'd make sense to let the process proceed without burning precious hours on instructing players on every tiny detail of the day to day.

CDP biggest priority is making the game available on PSstore again there will be improvements to the other versions but they are not a priority as much as the ps4

But any improvement on the PS4 is also going to net an improvement on the other systems. If the PS4 is CPU-bound, then any improvements there are going to increase the headroom on Xbox and PC, but won't necessarily improve frame rates. If it's a GPU bottleneck, then there is no way the other platforms won't benefit, given that Xbox One has the weaker GPU and not all PCs are as consistent in rendering the game as one would like.

If history is any indication, whenever CDPR gives themselves a window of time in which they say they'll release a patch for this game, they've used every bit of that timeframe down to the last day. Can't say that's not a wise choice. It will likely be released in the final week of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom