Patch 1.2 — Development Update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since February 24th no news... At this rate we will have DLC in 2025... If we ever get any. Everyone, and me first, think that this game is dead and totally abandoned because of the little news we have. We don't care about the photo contests etc... We want bug fixes, real bug fixes and content.
We are all patient, very patient even, because we love this game... But we shouldn't push too much and take us for idiots.

Incorrect, I for one think the game is alive and well, it must be cos I still play it. Please do not speak on my behalf, cheers. Meanwhile, back to watching the impatient squirm all day followed by the vitriol of their disappointment. Gives me an idea for a future game.

Any chance of a brief summary, for the hard of thinking? :)
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, had some issues with the auto merge 'feature' on the forum.
Anyway yeah, no exaggeration. All the bugs and glitches mentioned in the post I can recall having them. Except the Jackie failing to speak one. Could probably add a few more.
But like the poster mentions, it was mostly all cosmetic or minor niggles - the actual game breaking problems were in the minority for much of my first play through, and I ended up really enjoying the game.

Oh, I loved the game too, still do, but I won't do another play through until there's a NG+. As far as bugs are concerned, I didn't have anything game breaking, only cosmetic things really, not being able to pick up some loot and sometimes not getting XP/Street Cred. Hopefully Patch 1.2 solves the loot issue among others. Looking forward to seeing a patch list.

Last edited:
Such a nice sunny day in NC today, going to take advantage and cruise around town, maybe go to the beach hang out with the locals in Pacifica, we might have a storm coming soon!

It's a reasonable desire but the fixes at the top of the priority list may not be small in nature. A colony of Beavers might be able to block off a river every couple weeks with a bunch of sticks and clever construction but if you taught them how to use concrete it might take many months to construct the Hoover Dam.
Yeah well the last patch mostly fixed regular smaller bugs. I do agree with the comment that smaller patches might not be tested probably so they introduce new bugs. That could be a prob. I havent experienced that often but it can happen.

Bigger things would be AI related or content related etc. but do we expect that to happen in the upcoming patch? I'd say its a 50:50 chance. My guess is we will see dozens of smaller bugs getting fixed nothing else :(

That would only cover things they're doing on PC though, right? There's no way to know what, if anything, is being tested for consoles?

It's safe to assume the same amount of work, if not more, went into improving the console experience.

After all, consoles have to be their priority right now.

I played through the game the first time and enjoyed it immensely, despite all the bugs. However I have stopped playng on my 2nd playthrough till I see the next patch. The shortcomings become pretty evident by middle of the game. I am genuinely hoping (or am I praying?), that the game patch will address some of the more nagging issues. But i fear I will be disappointed when the patch does come out. The lack of transparency about the content of the patch also worries me enorrmously. I really do love the game. i even grabbed a cybeprunk figure.. I still played it despite all the bad press too.

For me however the damage has been done already. 4 months have almost passed and the most basic issues (loot/ai etc) have not been addressed at all. I also want a new game + after investing so many hours into the game. I shouldnt have to resort to a save editor to simulate new game plus. I shouldnt feel so robbed gameplay wise.

Ill stick it out till the patch, I really do hope it contains some serious fixes to the general gameplay and loot system. I really do hope we get a new game plus too. If we dont well thats it then. I guess I wont have to be too disappointed as maybe I am expecting too much then. Guess we will soon see.

You lucky beast, can I borrow your computer? ;)
I can speak only for myself of course, but yeah, I have at least some of these bugs very frequently. Not playing on a newest machine, but still quite powerful one, so I take it it's not the hardware problem. Maybe bad karma, or something?
It might boil down to playstyle or powers of observation. I noticed quite a lot of little things on PC myself. Very few game-breaking issues but tiny little details in spades. Some are quite hilarious so they get a pseudo-pass.

FYI, try reaching a complete stop on a 100% flat surface when placing bodies on the ground. I don't know if I ever saw any splat when doing so. I think that particular issue might be related to moving or because the body interacts with a tiny little object in the environment when dropped.
Such a nice sunny day in NC today, going to take advantage and cruise around town, maybe go to the beach hang out with the locals in Pacifica, we might have a storm coming soon!
If you want to make your car float stand in the water with your tippy toes and summon it.

On a completely OT note, is the storm unlike anything we've ever seen? I thought the performance in that movie during that speech was out of this world.

Hi, as a microsoft xbox one client, i m really surprised to see this game sold as a final/commercial version, and not as "preview version"

how does xbox game preview work

Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. Similarly, select Xbox One features like Share may also be unavailable until the final game is released. Once the game is purchased, you are entitled to every update as the game moves to its final commercial release as well as the final version of the game when it is finished."
as u can see ,it have all characteristics of a game preview ,as microsoft define it on xbox faq.Will next generation of game will have same charateristics when release on the market?

Also ,from Vattier working at CDPR as ??? about the development update of the patch 1.2 to come ?
"...
We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes..."
"It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support."

Fit seem than the few serieSX ,xbox Elite and PC consumers have already good graphics and few bugs on their game versions .Will CDPR team is working for the 50 millions of xbox one clients to make at least decent graphics n remove all lags,tearing,alaising,clipping,microfreeze which where on the software when i get refund from it at 01.26.21 after participate beta test at release (and realize than developers haven t done any test or play with their game before release,just need to read hotfix ,patch n update content note ). Or does CDPR team work only in perspective of next year hoping microsoft have purge its system from real gamers going to Sony,and next generation of enslaved subscribers buy a serieSX n agreed to this scam market industry?

at last ,what will be the content of what s renamed free DLC ,as u rename play for hack when using the game?More costmetic like loots n craft?
i work enought in a day ,not to craft in a game but have fun and entertainment ,that s why i buy a game and a console.

So ,where to get any news,n contact developers about their work,because here there s nothing,only cosmetics but no responsable of nothing,or PC users,series consumers, some fanatics or dreamers ,talking about their faith hope n dream,n flooding each other as i do in this topic one by one,but no quality services for clients to get answers

Last edited:
FYI, try reaching a complete stop on a 100% flat surface when placing bodies on the ground. I don't know if I ever saw any splat when doing so. I think that particular issue might be related to moving or because the body interacts with a tiny little object in the environment when dropped.
Thank you for the advice - will try that, although I think I'm usually at full stop while doing that (not sure 100%). It was also one of those rather ridiculous glitches at first, but being quite frequent, it turned into an annoyance - it made me a serial killer, while I was trying to be quite the opposite ;)

Saying a person will never purchase another CDPR product again, because of Cyberpunk 2077? This seems unlikely.

It's fair to say you'll be cautious next time, or that you will never buy without checking reviews first (we should -all- do that first), but never buy again?

As soon as CDPR's next game is great (odds are it will be) and those 9s return, we should be buying. Why wouldn't we? If the product is good, why not buy and enjoy it?

If their next product is good, buy and enjoy it and let that be the lesson.

As for Patch 1.2 - Take As Long As You Need is the lesson from December.

Post Edited for less snark.

speak for yourself
i never checked any reviews before buying a cdpr game
and i probably wont do it in the future

thats how i roll since i bought the witcher 2 and i regret nothing

Well, ehrrr, right, we're all tuned, and the time is definitely drawing closer, so... any info? 😉
Yeah, the silence is definitely starting to get on my nerves as much as the problems with the game itself.
You'd have thought they'd learn something about good communication given what's already happened with the game, but zilch for almost a month!?

It's an update, sure, but it's not that exciting, lol. It just talks about some car stuff, and, I think, the tendency to shoot forward at 100mph on some surfaces. Hardly addresses the bulk of the problems or performance on base consoles. I'm not sure if it's just talking about the PC either actually, PC in mentioned, but not console. If this is the only thing in 1.2, unimpressed.

It's an update, sure, but it's not that exciting, lol. It just talks about some car stuff, and, I think, the tendency to shoot forward at 100mph on some surfaces. Hardly addresses the bulk of the problems or performance on base consoles. I'm not sure if it's just talking about the PC either actually, PC in mentioned, but not console. If this is the only thing in 1.2, unimpressed.
This offical news about the patch, i don`t care anymore about any words says vs devs. They listen us and fix police with the driving system.

I'm waiting for the patch before I touch the game again. It's not the small bugs, or the small issues. It's everything combined that's troubling to me. I want to play this game but I want it to be polished. I want to experience the game as a complete experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom