What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like/Dislike ratio and comments also disabled on the youtube videos?Damage control?I know it's not the full patch notes,but highlighting remapping keys as a "thing"!Editing the .txt file that spawns the police from 1m to 10m or whatever?You sure are stirring up the hive. I think it would have been better to share the whole patch notes,or to have kept silent.This is not helping ....

"WHAT’S NEW IN NIGHT CITY? [PATCH 1.2 DEVELOPMENT INSIGHT]"

Thank you for the insight. Please consider raising the first person driving view of at least the Aerondight "Guinevere", and the Alvarado V4F 570 Delegate. It's advised for the eyes of the driver to be at the exact height of half the height of the windshield. The first person driving view of these two is so low, that you can't even see the road on level ground. However, if this is to be a challenge, please say so, so everyone knows it's intended.

I had only a short look into the PC-Version so far, but are the graphics / textures compared to the ones from the XBox One X, rather the same ?

I have only a 7700k @5151MHz + 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB @4266MHz + Gigabyte RTX2080-ti-AORUS-XTREME-11GB @1350/2145/16000MHz (CPU + GPU are custom water-cooled) + PG248Q @180hz/fps and turned all the graphical settings up and it looked pretty much the same to me, but it was Streetkid (XBox One X) vs Nomad (PC).

Is there a good comparison video somewhere ?

I can't check it properly on PC, because I had to RMA my 6-7 year old AX1200i and now most likely it's "certified refurbished" replacement as well.

==================================

Will there be a native out-of-the-box support for keyboard + mouse on XBox Consoles, as in games like Warframe ?

I bought a XIM Apex + a powered USB-3.0 Hub + USB3.0 Extensions, to pair them with a Standard XBox One X Controller paired with a CollectiveMinds Eliminator Mod Pack + XBox Elite Controller Series 2 + Corsair K63 + Corsair Lapboard + Roccat Kone AIMO Owl Eye Mouse, but didn't set it up yet, as it's pretty complex and time consuming and I wouldn't bother to set it all up, if there will be a native support for KB + Mouse, at least not for now.

Will there be some kind of reset function for the perks and abilities ?

Will there be some kind of quest reset function, to be able to try to redo a bugged / glitched quest / gig etc, like the Delamain Epithrophy, which still isn't working for me and some other player's, even after it got declared as "fixed" ?

Will there be a possibility to consume consumables, while in combat, at least for lower difficulties ?

Will You make it possible, to access weapon mods directly from inside the backpack and the possibility to remove an equipped weapon mod and to move it to the inventory, either to the body storage or to the backpack, when you have no other mod on you ?

It looks like it, that you can only dissemble the whole weapon, but then the mod gets destroyed, but let me know, if this is already possible and I just missed it.

It would be great, if we could graphically alter the looks of our collected cars / motorbikes and could do (simple) engine swaps at least, which would be great for the MP-Part of the game, further down the track too.

🤔😲🤯

Last edited:
Yeah, i was just pointing out that this fix, even if it's good, is just superficial. Modders with just a few tools could do something similar. The wanted system needs to be deeper than just a far police spawning, that's all. I agree that is a nice improvement though.
Probably, but I rather just have this fixed in the core game rather than a mod. Just saying.

Console players don't have access to mods, so improving the core game is an absolute must. Since this is apparently the first of many fixes to the police system, I'm hoping those mods will be obsolete in a few months.
Yeah, true also. I can play both PC or console but indeed, consoles do not have mods (yet) so having this fixed in core game is important.
But even if consoles would have mods, I still just rather have it fixed in their game, than having to install a mod to fix something to the core files.
So as long as CDPR is prepared to upgrade features and gameplay element, always better than it being done with mods.

I usually always consider mods to be those parts where the game is taken into a direction that the original game was not taken (or even meant to go) for example: I make a mods for myself for FO4 where I greatly increased utility of all armors. something that the game just never gave us, and never would.

Also I am equally interested in what else we may still get further down the line.

Like/Dislike ratio and comments also disabled on the youtube videos?Damage control?I know it's not the full patch notes,but highlighting remapping keys as a "thing"!Editing the .txt file that spawns the police from 1m to 10m or whatever?You sure are stirring up the hive. I think it would have been better to share the whole patch notes,or to have kept silent.This is not helping ....
This is a dev update only which is something you missed aswell, now imagine that times 100k downvoting and commenting like if it was the full patch.

Honestly CDPR are better of just not saying anything because when they do as the community asked we get threads like this where most posts are plain wrong.

This is a dev update only which is something you missed aswell, now imagine that times 100k downvoting and commenting like if it was the full patch.

Honestly CDPR are better of just not saying anything because when they do as the community asked we get threads like this where most posts are plain wrong.
or negative because it just never good enough it seems.
I think some people are forgetting that CDPR could also have done an EA and just erased it from their memory.
I for one am glad they keep working on it to improve our experience.

These are just some of the changes we decided to highlight. We will share full patchnotes later.
thank you kind sir <3
Post automatically merged:

I don't mean to sound like an A-hole... but that's it!? what about all the bugs and other issues...

All the visual, sound and regular AI bugs (you know, NPCs disappearing into thin air), half the time my weapon or hand rocket launcher thingy gets stuck in a very horrifying and broken arm like pose, can't even aim, not to mention shoot..
I wasn't even close to trying all the features in the game

I mean you have people dedicating their time into pages upon pages of perks and cyberware that don't and doesn't work, and you still haven't even mentioned them..
Here is one of them:
Crafting is bugged as hell, I mean I wouldn't even let me upgrade my Malorian to max level.. and I'm scared to even mention guns and clothes that get stuck in your inventory, bound by the yellow circle exclamation mark

So many attachments you can't even inspect as promised, half don't work, half wont stack, we don't even know if this is intentional or a bug, nothing is even explained

The police, what? you moved them 5m further..

Driving sensitivity... big whoop, maybe fix the mini map, instead of looking forward, I had to keep my eyes fixed on it, just not to miss a turn, or maybe put a waypoint on the ground like in the races (just smaller)

Now, don't get me wrong, you are moving in the right direction, but at this rate its gonna take you 10 more years... 20 if you start adding the missing and promised features
How the hell you guys announced the game this time last year is beyond me, it really is :/
[...]
maaaaaybe because they're quest items (like the Johnny items?)

We have added a Steering Sensitivity slider to the Options menu. This allows the steering speed for all vehicles and all input devices to be slowed down, without affecting the maximum turn radius.

I still think that the key to driving on PC is to implement acceleration to steering in some manner or form. If the steering motion starts slow and then continues to turn more rapidly if you keep the button pressed, it allows player to make minor adjustments just by tapping the keyboard button.

Currently that small tap is still too rapid (the car ends up zigzagging), but if you adjust the steering speed overall so small steering motions are manageable, it just makes the vehicle understeer in sharp turns. I dont see any other way to make steering work on PC keyboard than adding acceleration to steering ( doesnt have to be linear).

Currently there is some artificial trickery at work at least in some vehicles (the kusanagi for example tries to auto-steer itself to a 90 degree turn if you make a sharp drifting turn. That sort of thing is quite facepalm-inducing in my opinion). Id prefer some actual free steering that works.

EDIT: also please make the minimap zoom out when in a vehicle, so you can actually see the incoming turns when following navigator/waypoints.

Last edited:
Yeah, true also. I can play both PC or console but indeed, consoles do not have mods (yet) so having this fixed in core game is important.
But even if consoles would have mods, I still just rather have it fixed in their game, than having to install a mod to fix something to the core files.
So as long as CDPR is prepared to upgrade features and gameplay element, always better than it being done with mods.

I usually always consider mods to be those parts where the game is taken into a direction that the original game was not taken (or even meant to go) for example: I make a mods for myself for FO4 where I greatly increased utility of all armors. something that the game just never gave us, and never would.

Also I am equally interested in what else we may still get further down the line.

It's also better, if it's done in the core game, because otherwise every player in the upcoming MP-Part, might have to install the same mods, to be able to play together, like in ARMA-3.

People are gonna be so disappointed with this update as it's still bad.

This game is broken at then engine level, you can't fix it, just ask the devs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom