[Spoiler Alert] Do you want after ending DLC?( with suggestion )

+

Do you want after ending DLC?

• No

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 1) Yes, continue as dying V from The Star Ending

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 2) Yes, continue as real V revived from The Sun Ending

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 3) Yes, continue as V construct from The Devil Ending( signed contract )

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4) Yes, continue as Johnny Silverhand from Temperance Ending

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Yes, continue as new character with real V's soul from Temperance Ending

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 6) Yes, continue as real V who miraculously survive or revive

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
1) You still not escape from your imminent death, you and Panam looking for cure
2) You died, but revive by Illusive man...I means Gaun...ahem...Mr. Blue Eye, a mysterious powerful entity
3) After hundred of years Arasaka found a new body for you, but soon you know you are not the real V
4) Johnny Silverhand thought he can leave Night City, but Night City never leave him, he need to deal with the past once and for all
5) You go with Alt to Blackwall, and drag into a great event which require your "human aspect"
6) You found a way to survive or revive and continue your legend

I want a post ending DLC that unites all three endings where V returns to his body and goes looking for a cure (and give me a way to find it without antagonizing my love interest, please). And given the mess they've made with these endings, the DLC should be free (ok, not likely).

Ditch Johnny, his story is done. Or include an easter egg about how he enjoys his new existence beyond the Blackwall.

I'm hoping all the endings can all funnel into V getting a cure in a few different ways. Much like lifepaths, the endings sort of follow themes of Nomad (star) / Street Kid (Sun) / Corpo (Devil). The devil ending literally comes full circle as you're taking a flying car back to Arasaka drinking champagne, I don't think that was an accident.

In a world where technology is so advanced, V's biggest problem was not having enough time to explore all their options. Regardless of how V went about solving their relic problem, they've made a splash in Night City, and different powerful entities (StormCorp, Mr. B, Rogue AI in general, NightCorp) with enough time could solve the problem of your body (or lack thereof). Having the debt of a powerful solo who took on Arasaka in Night City would be a huge advantage for any big faction.

This is my headcannon at least. If the Dev's want to conclude V's tale and dlc is fleshing out the world prior to act 3 then that's also fine.

I'm curious, from ending with "The Star" and from some stuff I've read on the net about the original Pondsmith RPG, about what might await V and his Aldecaldo family in travels in and around Arizona 2077, and the "self-sustaining tech" that may be in a certain city there...

If they wanted to do a post endgame DLC, it would likely have to accommodate all the possible endings with varied opening questlines unifying back into a central storyline. Creating separate ending specific DLCs is very unlikely IMO.

I think it's more likely that if V's story continues, it will be in a full-fledged sequel. I think it's most likely any expansions in this game are pre-Act III.

Not saying I don't want one though, I would like to know what happens to V after the Star ending. Voting for "other" because if they do a post endgame expansion, it should accommodate all the endings (minus suicide).

Last edited:
I agree with Rawls. Most likely DLC will take place before going to Hanako.

Maybe continuation in some big DLC after 2 years or so if things will be still good for CP2077.

Definitely they cant remove 5 endings and leave one to continue story from there. It would be very unfair and will meet with a lot of criticue from players, angry that "its not RPG if we have only one ending" etc.

So unless they can stitch them all in some way, we will see extra missions taken in a middle of main storyline.

At this time I care much more about the base game tbh, means, I'd like to see content that improves Night City and the middle part of the game, not so much high level content after the main story. I'm not opposed to the latter of course, but it wouldn't be my priority as long as the main game has so much potential for improvements.
As for V, I'm torn - I got very attached to mine, but a lot of that has to do with her dealing with death and dying, so at least for a while I wouldn't want to see an easy way out of it. However, I think the "good"/"open" endings leave easily enough room for V's story to continue, if CDPR needs ideas they can call Bethesda. I don't think I'd want to roll a new character just for DLC, so whatever the DLC is I'd rather keep playing her.

But improving a game is mainly programmers task at this point. Work on DLC means writing storyline, dialogues, creation of NPC etc. and its something you work on simultaneously.

But improving a game is mainly programmers task at this point. Work on DLC means writing storyline, dialogues, creation of NPC etc. and its something you work on simultaneously.
Exactly what I want more of in the middle part of the game. Not just bugfixes but more story content. And if it was for me, a rewrite so the dying part only starts much later, possibly Act 3, so you have actual ingame reasons to roam around and do all the gigs.

Definitely they cant remove 5 endings and leave one to continue story from there. It would be very unfair and will meet with a lot of criticue from players, angry that "its not RPG if we have only one ending" etc.
Imo there still is a quite good possibility to reunite all of the endings (except suicide ofc) into a new story aimed on search for either a new body or a cure of "old" body of V. And this is what I hope will be a case of announced DLCs :) ...

I´m very curious at which point of gaming story having multiple endings become a requirement for a RPG and why if multiple endings were present it was an issue to declare one of them canon.

Multiple endings used to be the realm of adventures (this choose your own adeventure books), or in video game you can find an early example in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Quest_VI

"A significant aspect of the story and gameplay is the option for the player to receive different endings based on choices made during the course of the game. Partway through the game, the player has the option to pursue either the short path, or the long path with more puzzles and a more satisfying ending. Upon completing either path, the player is given a clue about what choices would have led to the other ending. Endings contain many minor variables based on optional tasks.[2] Almost half of the game's quests are optional, many have multiple solutions, and the open world design allows players to choose the order.[8]"

From the same time, Ultima VII:Black Gate as far as I remember only had an ending + a very bad ending (that kills continuity for Serpent Island so this ending is non-cannon even for the expansion of Black Gate).

I hate open endings so I hope that they really plan to continue V's story where V can find a permanent solution for the problem (no suicide/got to cyberspace) .

To be honest, some mid-game DLC just wouldn't feel satisfying to me... Why would I want to run around and do side quests when I know that my V is dying? I wouldn't buy something like that... or I'd only buy it if it came with new ending options!

The endings are not so different that they absolutely couldn't be streamlined. All you need is one quest that shows you that V (or Johnny in V's body) has been hunting for a cure/a new body for V/whatever. They find the solution, boom, done. Lots of room to do literally anything with a DLC!

I really don't see the point in a big expansion to put missions before act 3 ... we all want to try to save our V, to know what MBE offers us etc.
do small missions during act 2 ok but in free dlc because there is no stake.
there are 2-3 endings that can be hot and be reunited after a few hours of play.
the endings "star" and especially "sun" are much too open to stop there

I think the only downside of additional missions before Hanako would be total absence of Johnny as I`m pretty sure Kieanu will not be involved anymore.

I think the only downside of additional missions before Hanako would be total absence of Johnny as I`m pretty sure Kieanu will not be involved anymore.

As far as I am concerned that is not a bad thing:)

Anyway for the main topic and the poll: I chose 'other'. I don't see why they can't include all the endings in the expansion ( continue as V ofcourse.).
I have only done the 'devil' ending so I may be incorrect, but for that one, you can easy (despite being told that they can't) wake up in a new body. You are just too useful (and they need a new boogyman now that Smasher is gone) not to.
Somewhat the same with the nomad ending - you are likely to return to Night City, as it has the technology you need to make a new body/find a cure.

That said what I would like for expansion is....if it has a less...intense(?) main quest. Something that doesn't constantly push us to do the next part, but allows us (V) to live more in NC (and enjoy it). Let us buy more apartments/decorate them and things like that:)

The endings are not so different that they absolutely couldn't be streamlined.

Absolutely agree. In fact,
every single ending path except suicide basically boils down to one of two choices: Either V enters cyberspace indefinitely (either in Mikoshi or with Alt beyond the Blackwall) or stays in realspace with 6 months to live (only Johnny gets shredded during the Devil ending whereas he's with Alt in all the others).

It would be doable to build a framework for a DLC around at least one of these choices, then tie in the different variations with some unique dialogue or missions, or maybe even full-blown prologues similar to how the lifepaths were done.

As far as I am concerned that is not a bad thing:)

Anyway for the main topic and the poll: I chose 'other'. I don't see why they can't include all the endings in the expansion ( continue as V ofcourse.).
I have only done the 'devil' ending so I may be incorrect, but for that one, you can easy (despite being told that they can't) wake up in a new body. You are just too useful (and they need a new boogyman now that Smasher is gone) not to.
Somewhat the same with the nomad ending - you are likely to return to Night City, as it has the technology you need to make a new body/find a cure.

That said what I would like for expansion is....if it has a less...intense(?) main quest. Something that doesn't constantly push us to do the next part, but allows us (V) to live more in NC (and enjoy it). Let us buy more apartments/decorate them and things like that:)
do the other ends you will see that buying apartments is useless ;)
the most interesting would be to make converge the end "sun" and "star" and why not "devil" towards mister blue eyes.
by expanding the relations of V

Top Bottom