Cyberpsycho's - In game benefit to killing them?

+
When I was on a completionist playthrough, I hunted down all 17 cyberpsychos and kept them alive, hoping there would be some kind of a meaningful end to it. I actually expected that Regina would work with whoever was trying to develop a cure for cyberpsychosis, and getting all of them without killing them would produce that cure. But there was...nothing. Perhaps this quest chain was another thing left unfinished.

I was very much hoping that by saving all the cyberpsychos Regina (or, more accurately, the people she's working with) could come up for a cure for Lizzy Wizzy's evident cyberpsychosis. I can't believe that wasn't planned; I suspect that was the plan and they didn't finish it.

I was very much hoping that by saving all the cyberpsychos Regina (or, more accurately, the people she's working with) could come up for a cure for Lizzy Wizzy's evident cyberpsychosis. I can't believe that wasn't planned; I suspect that was the plan and they didn't finish it.

Abs-olute-ly,
about the Lizzy Wizzy affair; it is a foretold disaster, especially when you know her past. why not develop this character so... complex.
impossible to miss the episode of the concert "Re-start, Re-heart, Repeat".

"We are who we pretend to be, I've pretended to be everything, that's why I've found the truth."
Lizzy Wizzy

It sucks.

Abs-olute-ly,
about the Lizzy Wizzy affair; it is a foretold disaster, especially when you know her past. why not develop this character so... complex.
impossible to miss the episode of the concert "Re-start, Re-heart, Repeat".

"We are who we pretend to be, I've pretended to be everything, that's why I've found the truth."
Lizzy Wizzy

It sucks.

Yes, there are a lot of characters in this game (well, basically all of them, even Judy) who are underused, who don't get enough screen time. But Lizzy Wizzy feels to me one of the most underused of all. A very complex, very hurt and damaged woman, a very, very interesting character.

I know Regina asks you not to, and there is a clear reason to do things her way. But I didn't notice and in game resource trying to get me to kill them? Was there something I missed? Was there a thread i didn't pick up? I felt like the only option was to save them. For example Bioshock with the little sisters, the was an argument for and against it., and you where rewarded short term, or long term for your choice. Anyone?
If you work for Max tac you'll probably receive some bonuses.

This quest is BROKEN as you won't have any reward whatsoever.

So do what Regina says and don't kill them. Get a nice shock baton and put them to sleep.

When they finally fix the game you'll have a chance to get a late reward, but surely won't be anything better than what you got...

Do it for the rpg thingy thing. No need to be the jerk of the universe. You'll get to know a little more about the causes of cyber psychosis and these guys aren't exactly enjoying or being in full conscience of their acts

Last edited:
I suspect that the experimental treatment for the cyberpsychos is that they get forced into becoming Maxtac, or maybe they get put into guns and renamed "Skippy", or maybe put into vending machines and renamed "Brendan". Maybe even sent to Mikoshi for an eternal life sentence.

Regina sounds like she's avoiding the topic of what becomes of them. With each playthrough, I trust her less and less. I just kill them off now and put them out of their misery.

I didn't even know you could kill them. Because I just shot them like any other villian. And the game does the magic. Shoot them with high damage. But leaves them with 1 HP no matter what. Only the second time you kill them. So I just throught they where invincible. I mean they might as well be. Because there's no don't do Regina's story option. And convert these missions into kill mission for another fixer. After the nothing burger we get when finishing it.

Well, if you don't kill them, you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. This, and role-playing purposes, i guess.

Well, if you don't kill them, you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. This, and role-playing purposes, i guess.
Lmao. I'm sorry. When I play a game. I expect game mechinics to be done. In this case, a reward equal to the time i invested in that side quest. When i get nothing, or a joke of a item. If I play the game again. I won't do it again. A simple thing like that police uniform they made and people found in the files. It has a perk. Put it on and you can start the police wanted level clear faster. The postman hat you get after the long and ANNOYING following the post guy around the world, for Majora's Mask. Gives you a piece of heart and random rupees found in post boxes. That's a proper reward.

There is actually 2 former Maelstormers as cyperpsychoes that have completely lost it devoid of any sanity only aggression. Would be actually merciful to put them down permanently!

How so? (not the drama I know I was being silly ) how would it be intentional? That makes no sense to me because once they come to get the subject and find instead a dead body V would get in trouble for lying to the fixer.

I think they intentionally made it so. So you can complete the quest but also skill up after. And remember; it's not just cyberpsycho's you can do this with but most NPC's if you didn't already blow their head off.

You're the one reading too much into what happens after you completed the quest. Don't confuse your role-playing with the actual game.

I think they intentionally made it so. So you can complete the quest but also skill up after. And remember; it's not just cyberpsycho's you can do this with but most NPC's if you didn't already blow their head off.

You're the one reading too much into what happens after you completed the quest. Don't confuse your role-playing with the actual game.

You are right, I guess that makes sense for a rushed game, I feel most people would consider it an exploit in games like Fallout 4.

"CYBERPSYCHO'S - IN GAME BENEFIT TO KILLING THEM?"​

Don't think so, no. At least I always shoot them from afar with a non-lethal sniper. Wonder though, how NOT to kill the mechanized psychos. Tried punching, short circuit quickhack, always fatal.

It's kinda funny that there isn't some big reward at the end of these cyber psycho side missions...

Before someone gets needlessly mad, I wanna say... Yes. I'd wish there was a more meaningful/interesting result of keeping them all 17 alive, buuuut...
If you think about it... V could be keeping them alive, not for a bigger reward, but because V wants them to have a second chance.

Though maybe V doesnt care and kills them.

Maybe V just does whatever he wants.

Maybe V keeps them alive because if Regina is happy with V's work, that's great for V's resumé. He follows instructions perfectly to the letter. Other fixers will know V is someone who gets stuff done. It's just good for business really...

think it may be in dlc?

Top Bottom