What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still like to see more meaningful interactions with the environment / world / NPC's.

Even the responses / sentences of random NPC's, are so simple / shallow / meaningless.

Where is the point of a (somewhat good looking) open world (game), when all you get, are completely meaningless one-liners ?

What about stuff like, being able to properly enter a shop and buy stuff ?

What about the possibility to get a manicure, pedicure, haircut, shave, jewellery, tattoo, proper pet, clothes or play pool with some strangers in a pub or something ?

What about to be able to attach machine guns, rocket launchers, put up a smoke screen, drop oil and nails from your car / motorbike ?

What about trains, trams or ziplines ?

What about proper limb replacements ?

What about robocops or mechs / titans ?

What about a more complex hacking, like in hacknet ?

🤔
That's an impressive list of game-changes from someone who 'likes' a graph depicting poor sales of said game. I'm sure the devs will be bending over backwards to read your ideas. It really is an impressive list though, have you ever considered a career in game design?

They should just abandon this game then and focus on Witcher 4. That's what haters want anyway right XD? I saw half the reddit celebrating when they got hacked and now they are crying that patch is not coming soon and that its too small.

Well, I get your sarcasm... But it seems right now they are focusing on the multiplayer version of CP. They need some cash cow. And if they change/alter anything in CP2077 (via patches), it is also because they need it to work properly in MP version of the game.

Well, I get your sarcasm... But it seems right now they are focusing on the multiplayer version of CP. They need some cash cow. And if they change/alter anything in CP2077 (via patches), it is also because they need it to work properly in MP version of the game.
Probably but what I find funny is the same people demanding laundry list of features be added are very happy that their sales are poor.

I'm still hoping for this game to live up to its hype, but It's looking like modders will have made more beneficial changes to the game in the last two months than the devs will do in patch 1.2.

I would still like to see more meaningful interactions with the environment / world / NPC's.

Even the responses / sentences of random NPC's, are so simple / shallow / meaningless.
I know that they are from Poland, but maybe they were thinking about English world when designing the system:

What about the possibility to get a manicure, pedicure, haircut, shave, jewellery, tattoo, proper pet, clothes
What about proper limb replacements ?

This is what I kind of expect from the free-DLCs.
play pool with some strangers in a pub or something ?
Mini-games, is what I would fit into "GTA clone" (with police chases).
What about to be able to attach machine guns, rocket launchers, put up a smoke screen, drop oil and nails from your car / motorbike ?
They should do a PC version of "Carwars" for that, was funny to play in tabletop.
What about robocops or mechs / titans ?
You have 1 robocop in game (Smasher),plenty of robots and mechs I guess you referred to exosuits? Problem that I see, is that if you want to become one full borg conversion like Smasher (which is an option in CP2020 lore) is that your stats don´t rely anymore on your skills attributes, are the skills/attributes of your body (even intelligence might be affected) so I don´t know how to combine that mechanic with character progression.

Probably but what I find funny is the same people demanding laundry list of features be added are very happy that their sales are poor.
Somehow I do understand them.

The rushed release of CP2077 made some people believe that the only thing CDPR (the beloved developer that "left greed to others") cares about right now is money (stock's worth). If they start to lose money and see no prospects of the future gains, they will try harder and deliver what was promised instead of focusing on breeding the next cash cow and abandoning CP2077 after some insignificant patches. And if you start to give CDPR a pat on the back because they changed the spawn distance value, they will not strive for quality anymore.

I guess that's the reasoning behind such "happiness".

Why dont you put more police in the streets,and then when we commit a crime they chase you off?Whi not more patrol cars around city,so when you spawn the cops it looks like they were passing by?Also are you really not going to add animations and allows us to esat on restaurants and street food vendors?So much people would like this in the game for immersion...please allow us to do that...i would like for you to add that,not wait for modders to fix more of your missing things.You should look at the immersive mod and see what one guy can make to make the game more alive on world building.

Last edited:
Somehow I do understand them.
I dont if the game is bad for me I move on and forget about it I dont spend my precious time shitting on developer or trolling social media 4 months after the release. That's what I did with Mass effect 3 when the whole internet was having a meltdown over the ending I was already playing something else.

The rushed release of CP2077 made some people believe that the only thing CDPR (the beloved developer that "left greed to others") cares about right now is money (stock's worth).
Y that's what all big companies care about what a suprise but is it the only thing CDPR cares about? If they were so greedy they wouldn't encourage people to refund the game (which got the game removed from ps store not the state of the game but CDPR refund policy). Bethesda when Fallout76 had a trashfire release said no refunds and the game stayed on ps store despite all the issues. So with Cyberpunk Cdpr trying to be "good guys-tm" is hurting their business if they did what Bethesda did they would be in much better financial situation.

That's an impressive list of game-changes from someone who 'likes' a graph depicting poor sales of said game. I'm sure the devs will be bending over backwards to read your ideas. It really is an impressive list though, have you ever considered a career in game design?

I liked the post, for sharing the chart, not more and not less.

I taught myself machine code in one stage and used a MSE to code completely in hex and used ROM-Listings, because I couldn't afford a Assembler back then.

I started several times and tried to teach myself Microsoft Visual C++, but it's very time intensive and I have to admit, that it's quite complex and not easy to learn, especially if you try to code on top of Windows, because the knowledge you will need for that, is quite broad and some of the subject's are very dry.

Nevertheless, I'm not completely clueless about, how coding works.

No experience in coding games, beside what tools you need for it etc, but it's pretty much impossible these day's, to create a game on your own, at least if it's more complex than Pacman.

Beside that, I'm absolutely crap, when it comes down to graphics etc.

For a career in game development, I'm too old now (50).

My main knowledge is about PC-Hardware, like putting stuff together + fault finding + repairs + overclocking + custom water-cooling and I have a Cert as a PC-Service-Technician and ran my own PC-Repair-Business from home for ~4 years, beside my full-time Non-IT-job, but stopped doing it, because I got too many customers and had no time left to get a proper sleep and as I see computers as a luxury product, I decided to keep my secure full-time job, instead of dropping it and to concentrate on the PC-Repair-Business.

I also have Certs as a PC-Network-Technician (MCP / CNA), but I'm out of the loop, for some time now.

Last edited:
Y that's what all big companies care about what a suprise but is it the only thing CDPR cares about? If they were so greedy they wouldn't encourage people to refund the game (which got the game removed from ps store not the state of the game but CDPR refund policy). Bethesda when Fallout76 had a trashfire release said no refunds
Why didn't you mention Ubisoft? Assassins Creed Unity was in poor technical state at release. Ubisoft offered everyone a refund, and for those who decided to keep the game, they gave away a story expansion for free.
When investors at the meeting asked if CDPR would do the same, they dodged the question.

Last edited:
Why didn't you mention Ubisoft? Assassins Creed Unity was in poor technical condition at release. Ubisoft offered everyone a refund, and for those who decided to keep the game, they gave away a story expansion for free.
When investors at the meeting asked if CDPR would do the same, they dodged the question.
Never played a single Assasin Creed game and was never interested in them so didnt know about that.

I'm not really happy about poor sales, but it might force them to do something about it.

I wouldn't expect them to fix much stuff, if they would keep making tons of cash, to be honest.

Don't forget, I bought it for the XBox One X and later-on for my PC, even that it's still not repaired.

I only created a Nomad on PC, that's pretty much it.

On the XBox I haven't played more than a couple hours, since the last patch, mainly because I thought that they would have a second attempt, to fix the Delamain Epithrophy Quests, what they apparently already fixed, remember ?

18000...which puts it below well Skyrim SE and...believe it or not...Fallout 4 and TW3! It's nice that you trying to make the best of those numbers, but for a game that was so massively hyped just 4 months ago, it can only be seen as a colossal failure.
Damn right, it's a self-generating negativity machine at this point. It functions solely as a symptom of greed and hybris (in this particular industry). Therefore no amount of defending will save it, it will just digg itself deeper with PR. Doing a pr stunt like the news thing becomes laughable.

I know that they are from Poland, but maybe they were thinking about English world when designing the system:

This is what I kind of expect from the free-DLCs.

Mini-games, is what I would fit into "GTA clone" (with police chases).

They should do a PC version of "Carwars" for that, was funny to play in tabletop.

You have 1 robocop in game (Smasher),plenty of robots and mechs I guess you referred to exosuits? Problem that I see, is that if you want to become one full borg conversion like Smasher (which is an option in CP2020 lore) is that your stats don´t rely anymore on your skills attributes, are the skills/attributes of your body (even intelligence might be affected) so I don´t know how to combine that mechanic with character progression.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too.

I don't expect all the things I mentioned to get implemented, but it should give everyone a rough idea, what the game is lacking, in the actual state.

I really thought, that there would be more meaningful things to do, beside the quests.

The city looks pretty good and it's a bit of a waste, because of what's only possible or available to do there.

I was under the impression that the multiplayer version of Cyberpunk was being worked on by a separate team and was essentially an adjacent standalone project? I've also heard from people on this board that the multiplayer aspect had been halted while CDPR worked on the main game, but I have no sources for this.

I was under the impression that the multiplayer version of Cyberpunk was being worked on by a separate team and was essentially an adjacent standalone project? I've also heard from people on this board that the multiplayer aspect had been halted while CDPR worked on the main game, but I have no sources for this.

It is being worked on by a separate team and it will be released as it's own game, not as an add-on to CP2077. The MP part isn't on hold as far as we know. It's pushed back though, that much is certain as CDPR has confirmed so to their investors a few days after launch during an investors call.

The whole "they're abandoning/they will/should abandon the SP or they focus only on the MP" is speculation at best.

Yes, it was supposed to be a separate team. But we all know what happened to the people that were hired to work on CP2077 and were "forced" to build W3 (DLCs). We also know that the art of managing even one project at a time is not fully mastered by CDPR. And the multiplayer version of CP seems to be their priority now, so...

Jobs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom