GG button rework ideas

+
I think GG button should be removed. Most people just press it after every match, while I only sent one GG in the last week - my opponent played some ordinary Harmony deck (and I've lost, because I couldn't counter the poisons), but at least they didn't give a bot impression.
What I'm saying is that the button lost its actual meaning - there are almost no true good games left, and just pressing it for the contract is demeaning.

there are almost no true good games left
Subjective opinion.

The contract isn't mandatory, and there are contracts that take literal years to complete so even if you're going for 100% there's no need to GG every time.

GG button is fine. Some like it, some don't, but there's nothing objectively wrong with.
An option to not see the "you received GG" messages could be nice, but the feature itself shouldn't go anywhere. It is a reward system, ultimately, and removing it would absolutely cause more negative than positive reactions.

Subjective opinion.
Really? In two days I've played against two Viy-bots, reverse-mill bot, two Eist + BoG-bots, Foltest-bot, Broover-bot. Honestly, there were more than I care to count. I've won almost all of those games (some of them with the deck I've only created to quickly complete Neutral contracts, so it only contains neutral cards, some - with my artifact deck, with no devotion (because of neutral artifacts) and no Eldain). Okay, my subjective opinion is that if your opponent is boring as hell, it wasn't a good game, regardless if you won or lost. So what do YOU consider a good game?

The contract isn't mandatory, and there are contracts that take literal years to complete so even if you're going for 100% there's no need to GG every time.

GG button is fine. Some like it, some don't, but there's nothing objectively wrong with.
An option to not see the "you received GG" messages could be nice, but the feature itself shouldn't go anywhere. It is a reward system, ultimately, and removing it would absolutely cause more negative than positive reactions.
The reward system itself doesn't have to go. But maybe it should be reworked. In another CCG I've played you sent a reward to the opponent from your own resources. Rewards without effort actually undermine the whole reward concept.

Very subjective opinion, and I must say, I fully disagree.

I for example never use it automatically. For the most overused netdeck variations usually I do not send GG's (with the exception where I really had a good and close match with someone), while I generally tend to reward those with slightly more creative choices.
Overusing taunts (more than once) is also something that makes me not press it at the end of a match.
If I steamroll someone in a 2:0, I tend to send some rewards.

All this considered, I absolutely love the GG option in this game - for me it would be a huge loss to remove it.

So what do YOU consider a good game?
Nothing as black and white. To me, every match (even those against decks I dislike) can be a good game and there is no way to know beforehand because so many factors affect it.

Rewards without effort actually undermine the whole reward concept.
Disagree. I guarantee players would NOT be happy if the system was changed so that sending GG would cost them resources. It would have the exact opposite effect, in fact, especially when a player who sent GG didn't receive one in return.

The system should stay the way it is, in my opinion.

In two days I've played against two Viy-bots, reverse-mill bot, two Eist + BoG-bots, Foltest-bot, Broover-bot.
I don't think it is fair to call anything that is part of the current meta a "bot". Especially if we are considering ranked play, it is fully normal to play something that has better chances for success.
What I do not reward is the use of fotm S-Tier decks (if any).
Post automatically merged:

Nothing as black and white. To me, every match (even those against decks I dislike) can be a good game and there is no way to know beforehand because so many factors affect it.
This is actually fairly accurate and close to how I feel.

I don't think it is fair to call anything that is part of the current meta a "bot". Especially if we are considering ranked play, it is fully normal to play something that has better chances for success.
Oh, I don't call anyone a bot for just playing the meta. It is one of the flags for a no-GG, but not all meta players are bots, just most of them.

Disagree. I guarantee players would NOT be happy if the system was changed so that sending GG would cost them resources. It would have the exact opposite effect, in fact, especially when a player who sent GG didn't receive one in return.

The system should stay the way it is, in my opinion.
Players are unhappy about many things. Like Foltest's devotion ability not working in their precious consistent decks with Oneiromancy. But if the game keeps just pleasing the "masses", it will stagnate and die. I've read forum messages of people saying that only the Journey keeps them playing (and often just the fact they've paid for the deluxe pass)

Last edited:
Its a good feature. You get some tiny resources so a lot of people count a bit on that to unlock new cards. Removing it won't do anything.

Its a good feature. You get some tiny resources so a lot of people count a bit on that to unlock new cards. Removing it won't do anything.
I'm not saying the reward system should be removed. But there are many ways of rewarding players for actually doing something (like reworking the daily quests system towards more interesting quests, for example), instead of a (mostly) mindless "thank you".

Players are unhappy about many things. Like Foltest's devotion ability not working in their precious consistent decks with Oneiromancy. But if the game keeps just pleasing the "masses", it will stagnate and die. I've read forum messages of people saying that only the Journey keeps them playing (and often just the fact they've paid for the deluxe pass)
Well, this has next to nothing to do with the topic, and is not a good argument at all.

It's a very different thing that people are not happy about some balance stuff than it would be if people were unhappy about some completely unnecessary and, to undoubtedly most players, unwelcome change.

Well, this has next to nothing to do with the topic, and is not a good argument at all.

It's a very different thing that people are not happy about some balance stuff than it would be if people were unhappy about some completely unnecessary and, to undoubtedly most players, unwelcome change.
This discussion is becoming useless. If people don't see what's wrong with the current state of the game in general (players need more deck-sharing options!, more ways to quickly and effortlessly complete contracts and other ways to harbor resources!, more ego-stroking features!), then all changes the game will see will indeed be tweaks to the "balance stuff" (minor tweaks, mind you, not to make players unhappy!) and card additions.
Well, it's not my game, so I'll just quit (after completing the current Journey). I've played Gwent since closed beta - and the game was never in a more sorry state (at least creativity-wise) than now.
Regarding the GG button (to keep this reply on-topic) - maybe just replace current GG rewards with 2 RPs? Players will definitely be happy.

I'm not saying the reward system should be removed. But there are many ways of rewarding players for actually doing something (like reworking the daily quests system towards more interesting quests, for example), instead of a (mostly) mindless "thank you".
I get what you mean. You want gg to be more on the sportsmanship side. I agree with that but I'm not very bothered about it.

I get what you mean. You want gg to be more on the sportsmanship side. I agree with that but I'm not very bothered about it.
Seems many players aren't bothered either. And I agree - it's definitely not the main issue with the current state for the game, and it shouldn't be a priority for the devs trying to fix the game (if they're trying to do this). But current reward system really needs some work.
A row of mindless "good games" just happened to push me over the edge today. If those were the good games, I dread to see the bad ones.

I started playing ranked recently, and while ive been playing i have noticed that occasionally when if I dont pass on second round, and push the win people will neglect to GG - i do always gg

I started playing ranked recently, and while ive been playing i have noticed that occasionally when if I dont pass on second round, and push the win people will neglect to GG - i do always gg
What's the point of "always gg"ing? Receiving this reward should actually mean you've provided a good game for your opponent. Otherwise the devs should just give you both a random reward, equivalent to GG, after each match.

This discussion is becoming useless. If people don't see what's wrong with the current state of the game in general (players need more deck-sharing options!, more ways to quickly and effortlessly complete contracts and other ways to harbor resources!, more ego-stroking features!), then all changes the game will see will indeed be tweaks to the "balance stuff" (minor tweaks, mind you, not to make players unhappy!) and card additions.
Well, it's not my game, so I'll just quit (after completing the current Journey). I've played Gwent since closed beta - and the game was never in a more sorry state (at least creativity-wise) than now.
Regarding the GG button (to keep this reply on-topic) - maybe just replace current GG rewards with 2 RPs? Players will definitely be happy.

That 2 RP reward thing would be busted. If one gets 2 RP for every game played, regardless if they won it or not, then that would make it too easy to complete the reward trees.

I think the GG button is ok. I do not play ranked that much, and I tend to GG players who are more experimental/creative in casual as well as punish those who play meta decks in non-ranked games just for the sake of getting some easy wins.

Also, I do not get what is wrong with a game trying to please the majority of the player-base. I know that you are still salty about Oneiromancy but lets face it, this is not an OP card, it is only a tutor that can be used twice and it has its own disadvantages. A lot of decks do not use it and prefer other tutors, be it neutral or faction specific tutors (AA, Call of the Wild, Isengrim's Council, War Council, Vivaldi Bank, Naglfar, etc.). I would say that this game has suffered a long time pointlessly because the player base was ignored rather than listened to.

What's the point of "always gg"ing? Receiving this reward should actually mean you've provided a good game for your opponent. Otherwise the devs should just give you both a random reward, equivalent to GG, after each match.
It doesn't actually mean anything. Or it means what you want it to mean. You give it or you don't. Your suggestion though doesn't sound bad. Replacing GG with a random reward that you get at the end of the game, regardless if you won or not doesn't sound bad.

I think the last post sums up the whole discussion. Vox populi (a.k.a. vox dei) has spoken. Nothing to add. :howdy:
GG button is proven a useful feature of the game, but the devs should consider simply rewarding both players in the match.

Replacing GG with a random reward that you get at the end of the game, regardless if you won or not doesn't sound bad.
Except for the "regardless if you won" part.
No reward should be granted for a loss, under no circumstances.

Except for the "regardless if you won" part.
No reward should be granted for a loss, under no circumstances.

If so, there is no point in reworking the GG button. At least with GG, you can still get something if the opponent presses on it. And they usually do when they win from my experience.

If so, there is no point in reworking the GG button. At least with GG, you can still get something if the opponent presses on it. And they usually do when they win from my experience.
And that is exactly the reason I do not support reworking the GG button to begin with :D

Top Bottom