Almost Human

+
Hmh. HMH!

I do love me some Judge Urban. Still, "I, Robot" was better in book form. TV series, dunno. Not that it matters, thing will be cancelled this time next year.

First when I heard this I thought it sounded stupid, but after seeing trailer.. can't wait :) Plus Urban is always great and Ealy was great in Sleeper Cell.

I like Carl Urban. I don't think Abrams is fit to discuss topics above your average 8th grader. I just don't like what he did to Star Trek and Lost seems like a sloppy never ending mess to me. Too bad all the Cyberpunk movies are being directed by hacks.

"Hacks" = people whose work you don't like, or...?

Abrams isn't my favourite, but I like what I've seen of Alias so far, Star Trek was a fun take on a tired story and Lost had a good first season. Fringe is great, Person of Interest is very good, Super 8 was fun...hopes high, anyway.

I keep meaning to go back to Lost - I gave up around Season 3, but my husband persevered and said it was worth watching.
And Fringe was wonderful until the final season (which should never have been made).
And I agree about Star Trek - it was already dying.
I haven't seen Super 8, is it worth it? Can I have another opinion on this so that I don't have to rely on Sard?

Hurtful. Just hurtful. My wife liked it, too! It's a kids movie plus, really.

Also, I like the final season of Fringe, some fun sci fi stuff there. I'm glad they had the balls to try something different.

I also liked Fringe's final season. In my opinion the series got better the further it went just like Lost, though Lost had worst ending ever :D Person of Interest is rather generic show in my opinion with some great recurring queststars. Super was pretty basic movie also. Alias on the other hand... one of the best love stories ever if you watch it that way.

I'll try Super 8 and Person of Interest, even though the recommendations do come from people who thought Fringe Season 5 was good. (If the first four seasons hadn't been so amazing, I might have been OK about Season 5, but it was too much of a let-down. All that fetch quest crap with the video tapes.)

I'll definitely be checking out Almost Human.

Person of Interest is more of Jonathan Nolan's brainchild, Abrams is just... there. Besides he co-wrote The Dark Knight Trilogy and most other awesome movies which his brother Chis directed. Amazing show really.

And this looks interesting if not very great. While didn't find the concept so new or exciting, hopefully the story and direction should make it good, Besides Urban is awesome, that reason is enough for checking it out for me.

Who made it its not important... I am worried it might end up another filler filled series without story, except first and last few episodes. I hope im wrong tho, it looks pretty cool.

"Who made it its not important"?! Boggle. Kind of it is: would you prefer a chocolate cake/pie/cookies made by an accomplished baker of reknown..or someone at best totally new to the job or, even worse, bad at the job?

Be months before we know, anyway. Without a Dredd sequel in the works, I look forward to this as a steady Urban fix.

I'll try Super 8 and Person of Interest, even though the recommendations do come from people who thought Fringe Season 5 was good. (If the first four seasons hadn't been so amazing, I might have been OK about Season 5, but it was too much of a let-down. All that fetch quest crap with the video tapes.)

I'll definitely be checking out Almost Human.
Super 8 promised a lot but in my opinion it did not deliver and instead it ended up being nothing more than Abrams homage to Spielberg's E.T..Person of Interest is a show that I had no interest(pun intended) in until recently people kept comparing it to Watch Dogs(Ubisoft's game)so I checked it out and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how decent it is.

guys come down. POI is really amazing. Just watch it if you haven't, you'll love it. It has both an amazing cast and awesome guest appearances!

Forum veteran
Not a big JJ fan. His stuff is watchable, but it doesn't really have that element of memorability or originality that I typically look for. I mean, critics won't be looking back fifty years from now and judging the movies of their time against his interpretation of Star Trek. Not that everything has to be a masterpiece or anything, but every time I see one of his shows or movies I can't help but think that he doesn't seem to have any creativity of his own, always doing things that others have done before (and arguably better).

But hey, that makes FOX the perfect home for this show.

Just watched the first episode. I have to say I'm stoked for this series. As Jim Caviezel has proven in Person of Interest (which, by the way, is an awesome series), with the help of an otherwise great cast as well, movie stars do sometimes make really good protagonists. I have high hopes for Urban, as I kinda like him anyways.

It looks like a B-grade series, which is not bad; you can't expect A-grade from everything. B-grade being something that'll for example never be nominated for an Emmy or otherwise "be taken seriously", much like Person of Interest, or similar series. A would be along the lines of Breaking Bad or Dexter or something like that.

The CGI and technology had a sort of an 80s vibe to me, the outside sets looked a lot like Blade Runner or even Night City -ish, to me at least, although much closer to our day and much "cleaner". The music was definitely in the style of an 80s scifi cop series; reminded me a bit of Something Is Out There. All in all the vibe from the technology, androids/cyberware, music and scenery reminded me also slightly of the first Deus Ex game.

The casting otherwise was great; Urban is a great broody cop type, Michael Ealy is a great casting, then you've got Michael Irby who was awesome in The Unit, and several others, including Minka Kelly as the obligatory (no offense meant) hot piece of ass - a casting which this time seems to be right on the money as far as the poa part goes.

Yeah, definitely watching this series. Good cyberpunk vibe, great casting and seemed to roll on nicely, which isn't always the case for pilots. A definite "I'd recommend you check this out" for this series.

Oh... And obviously there's a certain person who appears towards the end of the pilot, who will apparently be on the series, and I have to say I'd watch the series just for that particular person. :cool:

Top Bottom