Fix the driving!

+
For heaven's sake, fix the driving.

I don't mind the traffic at all -- it adds realism. But in the vehicle chases, I have no way to keep up because the controls are far, far too clunky. If it's just me travelling, I can use my bike, which is okay.

But if there is a chase using someone's car, as in Sinnerman, I have to give up on the quest. I just can't do it, especially as in Sinnerman, you can't save while driving. You have to start from scratch. STARTING FROM SCRATCH OVER AND OVER IS NOT FUN!!!!!!!

Car chases are only fun if the controls allow you to HAVE fun.

yeah the fixed the driving. by reducing the fps....
"When experiencing lower frame rates, our cars were harder to control. We traced this to some code that wasn't handling extreme changes in frame rate properly. The steering speed is now very consistent from 20 to 60+ FPS."

No any words about "by reducing the fps" only new button for sensivity, and fix for low fps.

Last edited:
For heaven's sake, fix the driving.

I don't mind the traffic at all -- it adds realism. But in the vehicle chases, I have no way to keep up because the controls are far, far too clunky. If it's just me travelling, I can use my bike, which is okay.

But if there is a chase using someone's car, as in Sinnerman, I have to give up on the quest. I just can't do it, especially as in Sinnerman, you can't save while driving. You have to start from scratch. STARTING FROM SCRATCH OVER AND OVER IS NOT FUN!!!!!!!

Car chases are only fun if the controls allow you to HAVE fun.

Heh. I did that driving like 15 times until I got it. All the traffic in that quest is scripted.

I play on PC with a controller and in my first playthrough right when the game came out I loved the driving, had to lower the sensitivity of the controls a little but after doing that it was so smooth and fun. Right now Im on my second playthrough, started not very long ago, and for some reason now when I drive (Im in third person view when I drive) the camera keeps snapping to the same height, I have it set to "high" but that doesnt change anything. Would anyone happen to know a fix for this?

I play on PC with a controller and in my first playthrough right when the game came out I loved the driving, had to lower the sensitivity of the controls a little but after doing that it was so smooth and fun. Right now Im on my second playthrough, started not very long ago, and for some reason now when I drive (Im in third person view when I drive) the camera keeps snapping to the same height, I have it set to "high" but that doesnt change anything. Would anyone happen to know a fix for this?

i also have this issue. geting tiredsome and annoying as i want to see what's in front of me.

I don't like the driving, too, but I don't get it, if anyone is telling here that they can't solve driving quests.
I beat them all first time no problem with keyboard controls and it's pretty simple:
Accelerate on straight streets, brake before turns, accelerate.
It's the oldest trick in videogame driving: Slow down to gain more control... :shrug:

I don't like the driving, too, but I don't get it, if anyone is telling here that they can't solve driving quests.
I beat them all first time no problem with keyboard controls and it's pretty simple:
Accelerate on straight streets, brake before turns, accelerate.
It's the oldest trick in videogame driving: Slow down to gain more control... :shrug:
the driving isn't the problem. the problem is the steering is too steep and out of control. I had moment where i slow down my car to make a right turn and the car just magically drift and volt when not even attempting to drift.

And that's exactly why they're adding a steering sensitivity slider with the upcoming patch.
yeah. hope the secret patch may include improved map navigation that zooms out, also hoping that the camera stop reset itself to the center of the driving. i want to be able to drive and look around to be please how the CP2077 world looks like.

I'd like a feature that would be unique to this cyberpunk universe. I love the sound the bikes make acelerating and would make sense to me that in this techno-future bikes would be as fast going backwards as they do going forward. Why not? Would be punk as hell too

No, they haven't fixed the real problem with driving, only the steering sensitivity! The real problem is, that driving is destructing the immersion. There is NO OPTION to keep the speed, only to go with full speed, or slow down if you release the W button. There is no middle stage. I am playing on PC, and really want cdpr to do a patch which resolve this problem. There are a lot of cars in the game which has high acceleration, and i can go only with full speed of stop almost immediately (for example nomad starting car and Caliburn). So when I am trying to go with 50mph in the city with cars, my vehicle is jumping like a drunken goat (W-S-W-S-W-S-W-S and so on). It's interesting, if the developers really haven't thought if someone would drive with constant speed? Where is the immersion then? Where is the professionalism at developing? Or they really haven't thought if someone would drive with 40-75 mph in the city instead of full speed? And NO, I won't buy a controller for my pc only for this reason! I bought cyberpunk game for pc(!), and I want to work well on pc with pc peripheries!

Honestly, since 1.2 i have almost zero issues with driving. Yes, it feels a little light on occasions and arcade-ish, but you get used to it in no time. Cars are different enough, with diverse handling, acceleration and steering sensitivity. I can mantain a nice speed while avoiding traffic (which, let's be honest, is quite sparse in most areas anyway), and i even manage to pull off impressive u-turns when i need to change direction...

... but i'm on console, and i know it's a completely different experience with a keyboard, but as a Series X player i'm satisfied with the handling of cars.

Of course all of this falls apart when you try to drive in first person view, which is rather unplayable, unless you happen to be on two wheels.

Last edited:
And NO, I won't buy a controller for my pc only for this reason! I bought cyberpunk game for pc(!), and I want to work well on pc with pc peripheries!

I understand that but believe me, this game was designed to be played with a controiler, hence the incomplete rebinding system.

That's sad but true... if you can grab a PS4 controller it will ease your pain...till the next patch I hope.

Driving is fine now. Cars turn sharp as a car would, breaks stop the car about how you'd expect given the speed you're going.

For me the driving was fixed with 1.2. Just experiment with the level to find the one which is conducive to your style of play. I was able to complete the Sinnerman mission with 1.12, albeit having to start over a couple of times, and I am a notoriously bad driver in CP2077.

been driving the Thornton Galena Gecko 1st person ( trying it out ) , 1.2 & 1.21 both helped ...now we need to address the unstable rear-ends of cars.
Limited Slip Differentials to control corner entrance and exit on braking or acceleration..... front and rear sway bars to stop the late weight shifting of the car and shock absorbers to settle out the springs and stop all the bouncing that the car randomly goes into a endless fit until you hit something ( swinging back and forth )
simple in game correction is to use the Thrax 388 Jefferson as a benchmark.....

I still say the Thrax 388 Jefferson is the best handling car in the game ( although acceleration and top speed of a boat ) ;)

I hope with time they add modes to the driving (e.g. comfort, sport, hyper), similar to today's cars. For example, in comfort mode the cars would have limited speed and acceleration, instead of the sport or hyper modes, where there are fewer or no limitations. Within the city, it would be a much better driving experience this way.

Top Bottom