Playstation Store

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 11197882
I already bought the game twice (PS4 disc & PC) and I now own a PS5 digital. If I had to buy it a third time I would be "slightly" pissed aka I would simply not buy it again. I really hope CDPR didn't lie in that tweet. Especially since I wasn't able to play the game in an acceptable state on my PS4 when I bought it.
You will probably need to buy it again if you really want the PS5 version. and here is why and it has to do with Sony not CDPR. On The PS5 ANY GAME that you own a Disc version of that has the free PS5 upgrade still needs the disc in for "Verification" The reason being you could buy the game install it, and then return it but still have the game. SO the PS5 version is free if you put the Disc in, But in your case with the Digital only PS5 you would not be able to insert the Disc so it would not be playable. I would like to see them add a "Digital License Upgrade": of some sort in the future where like if you buy the disc version and later want to just change to a digital license you could do it for like an extra $10 or something. But I also understand why that is probably not a great idea for them from a business stand point.

But I'm also thinking about buying an XBox as an addition to be able to play Bethesda exclusives. We'll see. I already have a PC with an okayish GPU so I don't know if that'll really add so much for me. I just like playing on my TV with a good controller.
Hi buddy, as a microsoft xbox oneS client , i recommend u not to buy a xbox, one or series. At this time,microsoft doesn t care anymore about services they provides to their clients,quality of the games they allow to be sold on their market , and is only interested by selling some subscriptions .There s no client service there or mostly regulate by some bots.
Maybe you could have some exclusive bethesda games at first ,idk about this news u said,but in future all u ll get will be some beta versions sold as final versions.
And if u re interested by multiplayer games, at this day, u can be used as beta tester at official release during 6 months, leveling up or crafting hundred of hours to get the standard equipment to fight .And when dvp will be finish ,if u wait that time to buy the game, or for it to be add in a pass,u ll can buy some shortcut kit as DLC corresponding of 6 months of lvl up or craft pre order and first clients have done.
Also,since the entry in the xbox live subscription of the xbox elite,serieSX ,n PC , the challenge is completly corrupted by those which have the newest device to sell , most of hackers and cheaters that pulling on the multiplayer

Hi buddy, as a microsoft xbox oneS client , i recommend u not to buy a xbox, one or series. ...
Thanks for the update man!
Post automatically merged:

You will probably need to buy it again if you really want the PS5 version. and here is why and it has to do with Sony not CDPR. On The PS5 ANY GAME that you own a Disc version of that has the free PS5 upgrade still needs the disc in for "Verification" The reason being you could buy the game install it, and then return it but still have the game. SO the PS5 version is free if you put the Disc in, But in your case with the Digital only PS5 you would not be able to insert the Disc so it would not be playable. I would like to see them add a "Digital License Upgrade": of some sort in the future where like if you buy the disc version and later want to just change to a digital license you could do it for like an extra $10 or something. But I also understand why that is probably not a great idea for them from a business stand point.
I totally understand Sonys pov. The thing is: CDPR knows how digital games and licensing in the Sony store are working. So if they promise free upgrades for everyone and state that no gamer should be forced to buy a game twice then they should live up to these promises. I already bought the game twice. They can see that i bought it in their GOG store and i can send them the PS4 CD version if they think I've returned it to the store - i don't need it. I just want to play the game i got promised on my PS5 when it's finished.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update man!

I totally understand Sonys pov. The thing is: CDPR knows how digital games and licensing in the Sony store are working. So if they promise free upgrades for everyone and state that no gamer should be forced to buy a game twice then they should live up to these promises. I already bought the game twice. They can see that i bought it in their GOG store and i can send them the PS4 CD version if they think I've returned it to the store - i don't need it. I just want to play the game i got promised on my PS5 when it's finished.
I understand where you're coming form with that. It's a lot of money to invest in a game that didn't live up to the hype, in the hope that the newest version finally delivers. But I'm not sure how they would work around how Sony is handling upgrades. Unless maybe they can send out a PSN code to people for a free download. But then they would still need some sort of system in place to determine eligibility or apply for the code. It's not impossible for them to work it out, I just don't think its very likely.

On the other hand, if they want to get back some goodwill from the players especially ones who have stuck it out this long and are ready to support the "Next gen versions" it might be in their best interest to figure out some way to make it work.

I understand where you're coming form with that. It's a lot of money to invest in a game that didn't live up to the hype, in the hope that the newest version finally delivers. But I'm not sure how they would work around how Sony is handling upgrades. Unless maybe they can send out a PSN code to people for a free download. But then they would still need some sort of system in place to determine eligibility or apply for the code. It's not impossible for them to work it out, I just don't think its very likely.

On the other hand, if they want to get back some goodwill from the players especially ones who have stuck it out this long and are ready to support the "Next gen versions" it might be in their best interest to figure out some way to make it work.

Probably best if Sony itself return it to the store. I am not sure what exactly the 'rules' are once you bought PlayStation, but I imagine Sony will be very unhappy if CDPR found some way to circumstance the ps store...

if you have a reasonable gpu mabye gtx 2070 up i would recommend buying cyberpunk on a pc over the consoles and added bonus alot of playstation exclusives games are going to release on pc if not at release them shortly after now and why bother with xbox consoles as game pass ultimate is a better buy than the series x imo at the moment!!
if your lucky to even get either one at the moment!!

Last edited:
Probably best if Sony itself return it to the store. I am not sure what exactly the 'rules' are once you bought PlayStation, but I imagine Sony will be very unhappy if CDPR found some way to circumstance the ps store...
I didn't mean for returning the current version to the store. Obviously Sony needs to do that themselves and CDPR needs to restore confidence the game won't be met with a ton of refund request again, hopefully this new patch will get the game up to the standard Sony wants to resume digital sales. I meant a FREE UPGRADE to the PS5 version once that is released later this year. They have a system in place to upgrade Previous Gen games to Next gen versions as those upgrades become available, digital version automatically get the upgrade, Disc versions get it as well but require the Disc in the system to run. Assuming Sony adds it back to the digital store, and the PS5 version is a significant upgrade once released, And considering all the issues the game had at launch it, it would be nice if CDPR/Sony figured out how to allow Disc Version owners to upgrade to Digital PS5 versions without need of the disc.

But again I also understand how that may be difficult for them to work out so I don't necessarily expect it but for people like the OP who are in a tough spot it would be very nice. I have a Standard PS5 with the disc drive so I'm good either way.

Edit: As a side note. Developers are allowed to issue PSN codes for free items and even games to loyal customers. As long as the item is listed in the store and the code is valid for download it should not be considered "Circumventing the rules" but again that is something they would need to work out internally and with Sony.

Just wondering what the criteria are for a return to the store? Been playing a couple of hours every day this week with no issues.

The reason why its not selling well on console is because its not in the damn PlayStation store!!!
but its the only way to get their attention - if its hit their own income... Sony did the right thing now its CDPR to do theirs - and we see they have problems doing so if even lead designer already left the boat... im also curious how I should get a ps5 version in summer... but still taking it out of the PSN store was a red sign how awful the situation around this game really is. - truth hurts.

Just wondering what the criteria are for a return to the store? Been playing a couple of hours every day this week with no issues.
As far as I know, it hasn't been something that's been made public, it just says coming soon when you look at the store. and the only public statement has been something along the lines of " we're working with Sony to get the game to a state that it can return to the PlayStation store" that's not a direct quote but it was something similar to that. As far as what specifically that means I don't think any benchmarks the game has to meet has been made public.

maybe they focus on PS this patch and that the reason why patcnotes don't have a lot of changes (considering it was in development ~2 months)
at least i hope so

Over 100 days since Cyberpunk 77 was removed from the PS Store

"IGN contacted both Sony and CD Projekt Red ahead of the milestone date to ask about the plans for having the game relisted, and received no reply from either party, despite multiple requests."

I still can't download or play this game on PS5 digital and this article from IGN dosent sound promising.

Last edited:
Over 100 days since Cyberpunk 77 was removed from the PS Store

"IGN contacted both Sony and CD Projekt Red ahead of the milestone date to ask about the plans for having the game relisted, and received no reply from either party, despite multiple requests."

I still can't download or play this game on PS5 digital and this article from IGN dosent sound promising.

At This point it's not going to happen until at least patch 1.2 comes out, at the absolute soonest, and Sony will probably wait a little to review it and see how the game runs, then there will probably be one or two hotfixes or minor patches, and then after that it will return to the store. But honestly that's only if the patch fixes enough things, If the patch doesn't do enough to fix things, the wait could be considerably longer.

Apparently, the two companies are not even talking to each other. Cdpr should be on the phone everyday begging Sony to put it back in the ps store. They have had to lost millions of potential $ in sales.

Cdpr should hire me. I'd be in communication with Sony everyday until it's resolved.

Thank you CDPR for the massive 1.2 patch.

Please get on Sony to allow it back in the ps store so we can play this on PS5 Digital.

Thank you 😎

Last edited:
Alright, I get it now. This game is just not meant for last gen consoles. Guess I'll patiently wait for the PS5 only, re release, later this year in the ps store for next gen consoles only.

It really sucks being punished tho just because I bought the PS5 Digital. If I had the disc version of PS5 then I'd be able to play this on PS5 today...smh

Last edited:
This game is working now without any game crashes since patch 1.2.

What is the deal with Sony??? This should be put back in the ps store.

This game is working now without any game crashes since patch 1.2.

What is the deal with Sony??? This should be put back in the ps store.
It will first have to go through their certification process. After what happened in December, there's no way that Sony is going to shortcut that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom