What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they beter just told the end of March.
What about specific day and hour? because, obviously, CDPR always knows exact time when they will be releasing patches. They even know when dlc's will drop, but they just keep it for themselves for a good laugh at our misery in the comment section.

First of all, thanks to the developers for not abandoning the game and trying to fix it step by step. Now, coming to my take on this situation. I think everyone needs to have some patience. Its obvious CDPR wants to fix the situation but the high expectations and quick demands of people won't help the progress. As for the Patch 1.2 itself, I sincerely hope its not all there is to the Patch. Its obvious that currently, optimizing the game is their topmost priority but other than that, please keep adding some quality of life improvements here and there.
I hope Cyberpunk gets stable as soon as possible so that CDPR starts working on the DLCs and Expansions cause I'm rooting for more content.

for me it is simply that I would love to keep playing the game... but after over 300 hours I need at least a better balance or a new difficult level to make the clearing of the map in some kind more interesting... so I just hope the did something with the balancing

I don't understand how every thread just rots into such negativity in less than a week
Maybe it's because the people, who bought the game and were waiting for those "big" updates and trusted CDPR to fix this game at least to some extent, got finally fed up.
The "big" 1.1 was nothing more than a slighty bigger hotfix, and the super duper 1.2 in Feb was delayed by another month, and they showed 4 really disappointing new features, that any modder with a calculator could do in a single week.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because the people, who bought the game and were waiting for those "big" updates and trusted CDPR to fix this game at least to some extent, got finally fed up.
The "big" 1.1 was nothing more than a slighty bigger hotfix, and the super duper 1.2 in Feb was delayed by another month, and they showed 4 really disappointing new features, that any modder with a calculator could do in single week.
Amen.

Yaikes... chill out dude. It's a video game. If this whole thing is making you -that- angry that point I strongly suggest you take a break from the game and/or this forums for a bit. It's not the end of the world if they release it tomorrow or after a week. They will release it eventually.

Social medias are sure, as heck entertaining during this whole lockdown period though.
Well honestly i'd like to get off my break from the game, and actualy get back to playing it.
Dont worry, i'll be gone soon* enough :howdy:

*Soon - As in waiting for CDPR to delete my Acc

now, when you mentioned it... IS 1st april is the end of 2nd half of march? :eek::cry:
don't ask me philosophical questions when I'm getting a migraine!
i might just explode in existential confusion!

in truth i was being a bit of a smart ass with the month thing so i kinda deserved that one
its just frustrating being treated like a mushroom!

I had this vision where CDPR doesn't release the 1.2 patch, don't inform us about anything else, then on 1st of April they tweet about abandoning the game and few hours later drop an enormous patch that significantly improves the game. That would explain the lacking 1.1 patch and their quietness right now. Now don't get me wrong I'm aware it's just my wet dream, but that would be genuine marketing genius.

I had this vision where CDPR doesn't release the 1.2 patch, don't inform us about anything else, then on 1st of April they tweet about abandoning the game and few hours later drop an enormous patch that significantly improves the game. That would explain the lacking 1.1 patch and their quietness right now. Now don't get me wrong I'm aware it's just my wet dream, but that would be genuine marketing genius.
They will not sure that "few hours" between 1st April joke and patch drop due to s#@@storm.

Second half of march.... You'd better say END of march the next time, so to soothe at least some of the impatience sorrounding your community.
Actually, I am just thinking that they should say "November" for patches in the first half of the year...

As for this patch, it sounds like it is "done" and all we are waiting for is for testing and certification to be complete.

If after all your work you've put in update, you would be trashed how this update sucks, you also wouldn't want to release it

April was an interesting notion posted a few comments back.

I would almost have suggested that they're waiting until after their 2020 financial statements are filed, which normally would have a March 31 deadline. But given that the deadline just got extended, and that I think most people were expecting it to, that idea probably doesn't make any sense.

so, i bought this game through steam, and after all the updates steam seems to have installed automatically the game is finally running on my pc, but i'm not sure it installed ALL the updates because i'm not seeing the option to turn off double-tap to dodge in the controls settings menu. anywhere. and it's literally the worst game decision ever made. i could see double tilt with a joystick being practical, but on WASD? ew. good lord what were y'all thinking. other than that, great game, would love any tips on why the option isn't showing up in my settings or how i can check which updates steam actually installed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom