Forbes:. CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 Patch

+
If I recall all settings are just plain ordinary, I just quickly entered the game and played some. the video is unedited recording.
Hmm, its within what i expected, plenty of stuttering, enemies textures loading sometimes too slow, ui is especially slow. How does it handle downtown? Though overall it looks play able, but question is how many people share such experience, cool video btw

Hmm, its within what i expected, plenty of stuttering, enemies textures loading sometimes too slow, ui is especially slow. How does it handle downtown? Though overall it looks play able, but question is how many people share such experience, cool video btw
In the city its practically the same. Most notable difference being textures and models needing some time to load in every so often, but otherwise the same.
The best comparison I could think off would be Fallout 4, also on PS4. Given the much more dense world of CP77 I can easily forgive the 5 year gap between those games.
Personally, as I said, most of what you see I can't really be bothered with. if the general loading could be improved ever so slightly over time that would be neat ofcourse, but overal I do not find it obstructive.
I do suppose one has to take into account you cant expect high-end PC results.

In the city its practically the same. Most notable difference being textures and models needing some time to load in every so often, but otherwise the same.
The best comparison I could think off would be Fallout 4, also on PS4. Given the much more dense world of CP77 I can easily forgive the 5 year gap between those games.
Personally, as I said, most of what you see I can't really be bothered with. if the general loading could be improved ever so slightly over time that would be neat ofcourse, but overal I do not find it obstructive.
I do suppose one has to take into account you cant expect high-end PC results.
Just out of curiosity, if you don´t mind. Is a base PS4, but did you change drive since buying it or do this kind of defrag (rebuild database?) periodically?

Hi.if u could be interested ,some link coming from some cyberpunk forum threads from 2013

Last edited:
I purchased it end of 2015 and has never been upgraded, changed or anything since I got it.
I only ever so often dust it off
Thanks for the info.
2 years later after original release(3?). I wonder if there was a "silent" revision by Sony, because otherwise is very strange the differences.

Oh! no Forbes have said and I personally do not care for clickbait articles nor clickbait videos on YouTube.

The world is going to end and there be dragons but that does not stop my enjoyment of Cyberpunk 2077.

Thanks for the info.
2 years later after original release(3?). I wonder if there was a "silent" revision by Sony, because otherwise is very strange the differences.
Do I understand correctly you also have a base PS4 but have more issues then?
I cant speak to wether or not PS4 may have received some unregistered upgrade at sony side. I also cannot recall atm if PS4 had any launch issues. If it did not, and there's great disparity between performance of what should be the same system, them yeah, weird.

Do I understand correctly you also have a base PS4 but have more issues then?
I cant speak to wether or not PS4 may have received some unregistered upgrade at sony side. I also cannot recall atm if PS4 had any launch issues. If it did not, and there's great disparity between performance of what should be the same system, them yeah, weird.
No,no i don't own ps4.Was more because I work in (micro)electronics industry and I have curiosity since you are not the 1st one that I saw saying was not that bad(bugs/glitches i think is spread across platforms) while other people says its completely unplayable.
Silent revisions are not unheard off in electronics,sometimes might be changing just the brand of a capacitor(there was a "plague" of capacitors that inflated due to bad chemical mix),a fan model or some PCB rework that helps with temperature profiles.
Nevermind, was just my curiosity.

they will face skepticism in everything they do from now on
they will face skepticism in everything they do from now on
This is likely the truth unfortunately. Even if they deliver with the patch.

Everybody wants slightly different things from the game, and the patches, and everyone has different ideas as to what makes a game 'correct' and how it should be 'fixed'.
It just isn't going to be possible to please them all.
So I think regardless of what cdpr do, there will always be some dissatisfaction.

Looking at the game overall, it seems to me that cdpr tried to fit a lot of elements from various genres into cyberpunk, branching off into the different types without going too far - and fans of all the respective genres each complained about the perceived shortcomings - (roughly speaking of course) for example RPG fans didn't get enough choices, GTA fans didn't get their car chases, RDR2 fans didn't get the same A. I. The open world fans couldn't explore and open every door, some liked the driving some didn't etc etc...
I mean that's incredibly simplified, and tastes will overlap but you get the idea.

So it's a safe bet that someone somewhere is going to be disappointed.

Everybody wants slightly different things from the game, and the patches, and everyone has different ideas as to what makes a game 'correct' and how it should be 'fixed'.
So I think regardless of what cdpr do, there will always be some dissatisfaction.

Looking at the game overall, it seems to me that cdpr tried to fit a lot of elements from various genres into cyberpunk, branching off into the different types without going too far - and fans of all the respective genres each complained about the perceived shortcomings - (roughly speaking of course) for example RPG fans didn't get enough choices, GTA fans didn't get their car chases, RDR2 fans didn't get the same A. I. The open world fans couldn't explore and open every door, some liked the driving some didn't etc etc...
I mean that's incredibly simplified, and tastes will overlap but you get the idea.

This is one of the better posts I've seen that sums up my view of the game as well. Its a strange mix of game genres that don't quite gel together, but in just my opinion, is still enjoyable and has some great stuff in it. I see posts about police chases and for me, I couldn't care less as I play it from a different perspective and enjoy the stories and walking the city.

Yeah I enjoyed it as well. Currently I do wish there was a little bit more to do 'end game' but the overall experience from the first play through was really positive.

I don't know if it's possible to fix this toxicity after a major debacle of the past few months. I feel it became a historical example and it will be following CDPR and the industry for many years to come. It will be reminded of and compared to.

If you cant or wont deliver dont overpromise.
Its not gamers fault they overpromise and then delivered a turd.
Game was also clearly unfinished, unoptimised, riddle with bugs and rushed.
Blaming gamers Its not very healthy in this case for it promotes bad releases in the future. This kind of release is unexcusable. Should not be tolerated.

Ni
If you cant or wont deliver dont overpromise.
Its not gamers fault they overpromise and then delivered a turd.
Game was also clearly unfinished, unoptimised, riddle with bugs and rushed.
Blaming gamers Its not very healthy in this case for it promotes bad releases in the future. This kind of release is unexcusable. Should not be tolerated.
None of the post you quoted is blaming gamers. Its simply looking at at the problems involved in trying to please everyone, and how cyberpunk might have spread itself over too many genres.
Post automatically merged:

I think its more of a comment on the design issues, and the elements that didn't get fully fleshed out, rather than the bugs and general state of the game on release.

Last edited:
March is almost over! Where's the patch?!!
R95cb849c2f8d7b5d3005d75a67e475b2.gif

if Forbes says so; is that it is true.
these sharks... they are {the rule of the game}. nobody can do anything about it. if that is said by them, it is indisputable, even if they are wrong because, whatever the outcome, Forbes and all the others decide ; logical song ; {three strikes and you're out}
Hold fast, the storm is raging, there will be more damage, however, Hold fast.

Having worked in software development (a long time ago) I can tell you this...
Bug fixing is very unpredictable.
Its entirely possible that a bug that takes five minutes or less to actually correct, took 2+ hours to find/understand and 4+ hours to test. It may even take too long to fix in the time available and be put to one side so they can work on something that takes less time.

Even once something is fixed and tested it may be that an unexpected interaction means that the correction doesnt work in quite the way that was expected, or it may be that fixing one bug reveals a second bug that was hidden in a related piece of code.

Until something is actually tested and passed CDPR simply cannot say for certain what will be in any given patch. And even then there may still be issues given the range of hardware the program will run on. Given how some players have responded to the situation so far, I can entirely understand CDPR trying to minimise the criticism by only announcing what they are reasonably certain will be in the patch.

This is why the patch news last week was relatively light on details, those were design changes to systems that they probably started working on relatively early, and were at least going through testing at that point. Im sure there will be more bug fixes, but you will have to wait for the patch notes to find out exactly what. And as with many other games not every bugfix will be noted, and probably a few bug fixes wont work properly.

That is just the way it is. Trust me, everyone wants the game to work perfectly. The people at CDPR most of all.

And even if it did there would still be people complaining about it not meeting their expectations.
I agree with almost everything that you said here.
But what i don't understand - why is that so hard to roll out hot fix and to fix some basic things like lack of dedicated dodge button and disabling double tap? These are vital things for playing on pc any melee oriented build, and yet 4 months later u still have to dig config files in order to fix it temporary by yourself.
I hardly doubt that fixing of these things would take 4 months of hard coding.

why is that so hard to roll out hot fix and to fix some basic things like lack of dedicated dodge button and disabling double tap?
It's a matter of prioritising. While it might be easy to fix, it is also a rather minor inconveniece. There exist plenty of bugs that need adressing first.

And even the most smallest bugfix has considerable overhead: Implementing, developer testing, committing, maybe code review and signoff, and finally QA testing. You can easily end up in a situation where you spend 10 minutes coding, and 2 hours or more getting your stuff into the next test version.

With 1 €$ ,i don t take time to raise or hunt and skin an animal,to wash my hand from blood that live i ve took put on me,
I don t took time to cut woods to make fire to cook its flesh,as i don t took time to feed the earth to make vegetable grows
I don t took time to get woods or rock from mountain to build a home with my arms.
Etc...every day, and that way, i can do my job in society with others i work for and with.
They ask 69€ or59$ in some market for a software some were paid and employ to take their time making it.
They sell a game.not a beta version or preview.Why this is in work in progress ?why still waiting after a patch 3 months later ?
Can t they say work is over and game is ready instead of this?
Too much corruption in this software for now to be told and sold as a game
Better things to do right now than wait of their words and news wich worth nothing and have no constitution at end

Top Bottom