The TWiG Thread

+
In case you missed this week's episode you can still watch it on Pawel Burza's Twitch Channel.

--------------------------------------------------------

This year's Roadmap on Monday along with the update 8.3 overview.

I guess someone's really happy now because Hattori finally will receive his well deserved rework ;).

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I couldn't quite watch it live, so this was helpful.

I really enjoyed the TWiG, too, and am very happy it's going to be a weekly thing! Thanks @Burza46

rrc

Forum veteran
I guess someone's really happy now because Hattori finally will receive his well deserved rework ;).
If you meant me, then I am honoured. If you meant someone else, I will want to know who that is.

Anyway, my work is done and I can take rest for a while. (Or is it? Or the next mission is Cat Witcher Saboteur?)

If you meant me, then I am honoured. If you meant someone else, I will want to know who that is.

Well I guess it should have been obvious to everyone who visits the Forums regularly who I meant, because there is only one forum member that constantly complained about the poor pretty much useless Hattori Card, but now let's just hope that he gets an entire rework that's not related to traps and not just a simple deploy or Zeal for his current skill.
Anyway, my work is done and I can take rest for a while. (Or is it? Or the next mission is Cat Witcher Saboteur?)
Invigorate?

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Well I guess it should have been obvious to everyone who visits the Forums regularly who I meant, because there is only one forum member that constantly complained about the poor pretty much useless Hattori Card, but now let's just hope that he gets a entire rework that's not related to traps and not just a simple deploy or Zeal for his current skill.

Invigorate?
Invigorate is an eternal battle! Also, I remember Ostry (the lead designer) days that Invigorate is in their radar and they would do something about it (during the leaders rework period, and, in the same video he said that Stockpile just needs more support, kind of meaning that the leader is ok, but acknowledged that Invigorate is flawed and needs rework)

I guess we know by now that they are planning on adding 12 "new" Card's soon but has anyone any idea what the No Country for old Men and Lion King picture could refer to?

No Country for old Men = old Leader Cards
Lion King = Radovid Africa if it's about the location if not probably the Lioness of Cintra?

Edit 2:

Did Molegion just tease Detlaff's Leader Card return or a buff to vampires?

Last edited:
[...]
Did Molegion just tease Detlaff's Leader Card return or a buff to vampires?
That would explain why Burza answered the questions from the forum thread and then stated that he would skip my question (when we would get cards with old leader arts and particularly that Detlaff/Unseen Elder would be an opportunity to support vampires).

Vampires would also makes sense as they are sentient, arrive after the conjunction of spheres (not necessarily willingly), leaving their homes, have no country of their own (as of the time Geralt lives), are not afraid of death (although they are afraid of being killed by one of their own, given their moral code) and are very powerful.

I really like this new format of TWiG; it's got the same stuff as before, plus it's got an interactive element thanks to livestream vs. prerecorded, plus it's got not only the community corner part but also quality memes (at least this week).

Updated the opening post with yesterday's episode, but I'm not really sure if further updating this thread is really that necessary anymore because by now all the forum users should probably be aware that TWiG is back on weekly basis on Burza's twitch channel.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like that TWIG has returned, as a big step into improving the communication between the Gwent dev team and its community, which has been lacking for the past years, and has lead to several problems which could've been avoided.

However, i need to be honest, which usually means a certain degree of brutality will surge, and point out two aspects:

- I applaud Burza's commitment to answering all questions on the the thread, which has lead to some very large episodes of TwiG (the last two i didnt watch them entirely because of this). But it reveals Burza hasnt looked at the thread before the stream, lets say 'he didnt do the homework'.

I would suggest he did, for the viewers sake, as he could pre-select the questions to be answered. And im NOT saying he should only answer the questions he wants, that's the opposite of what i wish, but the quality of each AMA section could improve if he had cut the questions that were already answered, the questions too long and not clear, the questions he's not entitled to answer - which leads me to the next point...

- In every episode of TWIG, on the AMA section, some questions are related to game balance, to which Burza always says "he cant answer game design questions, as that is not his department".
He also said a few times if we wanted, he could get one of the game designers with him on a TWIG to answer those, which i think its great.

Personally, those are the questions im most interested in seeing answered. I respect the players who want to engage and talk with the community manager on a personal level, but i only watch TWIG to hopefully get Gwent information that hadnt been disclaimed before, the so called leeks about Gwent's future, and when i noticed we wouldnt get much of that, i lost interest in TWIG.

I havent looked at view numbers, but i fear a lot will do the same, leaving only the ones who go to the stream socially. So my recomendation is to make that team-up with devs happen soon (i know next week we will get a video before the new update, so its not necessary on TWIG), and not let it be a one time thing, but make it regularly, like one every 2 or 3 TWIGs/ weeks.

So my recomendation is to make that team-up with devs happen soon (i know next week we will get a video before the new update, so its not necessary on TWIG), and not let it be a one time thing, but make it regularly, like one every 2 or 3 TWIGs/ weeks.
I agree, this would be the right direction moving forward.

While I fully accept that Burza is not in the position to answer card design or directly card balance related questions, those are still very important - and tend to cause the most frustration if unanswered.

Now, I definitely do not think they should jump to every complaint about every single card, as a good 70% of those are just that, complaint without much thought behind.
Maybe there should be a voting feature, so they could answer the questions with the most RED points from the community?

Maybe there should be a voting feature, so they could answer the questions with the most RED points from the community?
There is no way to sort posts by reaction score, so that would just be unnecessary extra work. Plus, it would be too easy to abuse.

I don't see any need for such a system in the first place.

One suggestion I have for TWiG, in the community spotlight bit, would be to mention a few new Gwent videos on youtube, from the likes of misterhabbla1, aceofplays, The Great Dandilion Show, and Fuchsia Briefs (I'm sure there are other great content creators out there; these are just the ones I enjoy). I think they contribute a lot to the Gwent community.

Last edited:
In case you missed this week's episode you can still watch it on Pawel Burza's Twitch Channel.

--------------------------------------------------------

This year's Roadmap on Monday along with the update 8.3 overview.

Thanks for the link

Top Bottom