What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please be patient. We all know what impatience has led to. Time equals quality. If CDPR needs time,give it to them. You all want a high-quality patch, then give it time for quality. ♡

i wanted a high quality game and after EIGHT years and THREE delays this is what we have.....if they take too long to create and release this patch we will living in 2077

So, today is the 28 of March and the patch is not out yet.
Not only that, but this patch fixed only problems already fixed by 3 mods made in 2 days by a pair of folks that do not work in the field and you needed 3 months of work to obtain the same results? With an entire company working on it?
Not to mention that this fixes are useless to people like me that have already finished the game that were expecting the remaining 90% of the game that you promised us, but yeah now i can drive the cars in safety... wow cars with less personalization than the cars in gta 3 (a game 20 years old), in a game i do not play anymore because i have nothing to do in it.
This is disgraceful.

Last edited:
Well, they've actually got until the 30th (Tuesday) if they're going to give us the patch notes before it drops, if the patch is to be released before April, Wednesday is the last day of March.
Yeah but no way they dont have all the stuff rdy to share. They have the list they know it all they can tell us tomorrow thats for sure.

Again, I have a feeling that the majority of this patch content will have to do with making the game playable on the old-gen consoles. Systems that will become irrelevant in a few months time anyway.

It would be so much easier on everybody if the game was released on PC and next-gens first, and then ported for previous generation later.

With an entire company working on it?
That's the point.
Devs are real people, just like you and me, and they're working hard to fix problems already fixed by 3 mods.
But remember, that's their job: they can't always do what they want the way they prefer. I think we should respect this without judging them.
If it took so long to do this "minor" fixes, it's because things are complicated. Waaay more than we think.

If it took so long to do this "minor" fixes, it's because things are complicated. Waaay more than we think.

This. Or: CDPR is not able to fix things that the players demand to be fixed (it's not possible in this iteration of the engine and with the use of available skills). Or: there are only few people working on the patches (not "an entire company").

We'll find out soon.

Last edited:
Plus, it's Sunday. Let the guys at CDPR take some rest and enjoy their families.
indeed

However the longer it takes them to give even a small amount of info is hurting their rep(even more) and making people(myself included) think this patch is just four small insults since its been around a week since that stupid PR news letter/insult and they have not told us a damn thing.
When people see the word soon we generally expect things inside a week not two or three+ weeks either they:
Posted the stupid thing too soon
Someone somewhere found a major issue
Someone somewhere caused a major issue
or
The entire company from the very top to the very bottom is now so incompetent/out of sync with each other that no one knows what is going on...

I'm not sure which of those possibilities would be worse now i may have missed something but this method of communication is certainly not working for them since its leaving people confused and annoyed and the longer this lack of communication continues the more people are getting annoyed and leading to wild speculation and guess work....

They was clever with the wording of "aiming for 2nd half of March". However customers will see this as more broken promises.
We have paid for a product , people just want what was promised.

Last edited:
I think it comes hard for the patches to be released because they don't know what's to be fixed to begin with. Literally, the game is incomplete. First they have to finish the game <- and this is next to impossible at the current state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom