Having difficulties playing Dark Mode / Arena Mode

+
Having difficulties playing Dark Mode / Arena Mode

Hello. I recently bought a hard copy of The Witcher 2 in store and it had a sticker saying 2.0 ready to play on it however after i installed the game and played it on both normal and hard mode i still havnt unlocked dark mode or arena mode. It would seem like as if I dint even download patch 2.0 at all, so I went ahead and downloaded manually and still nothing then I went ahead and uninstall and then re installed the game and still no Dark Mode any ideas of how to fix this problem? I would very much like to play Dark Mode

When the launcher loads after clicking it there should be a "view readme file" What version of the patch is at the top of the readme .

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ReadMe file
Update - July 19, 2011

PLEASE NOTE: Patch 1.3 may be installed differently depending on circumstances.

If an active Internet connection is present:
- any new installation of the game will be automatically updated to include Patch 1.3.

If you previously installed Patch 1.2:
- Patch 1.3 should be manually downloaded from our website at http://thewitcher.com/patch/. To update your installed game copy, run the downloaded .exe file(s), making sure to update to version 1.2 before installing Patch 1.3.

so i try downloading and installing patch 2.0 and nothing happen the patch closed down as it was trying to install.

You might try browsing the discs and look for a patches folder . If none exist then you will need to download 1.3 , 1.35 , and 2.0 .

Im not sure what you mean by patch folder so i hit it in my search box and nothing of any use popped up

Sinful22 said:
Im not sure what you mean by patch folder so i hit it in my search box and nothing of any use popped up
The box says 2.0 correct ? Then maybe the patches are on one of the discs . When you insert a disc and after about 30 seconds or so then navigate to the DVD and right click and select explore after which all the files on the disc should be able to be seen Look for a folder labeled patches or maybe even a wolf symbol with 2.0 exe or one similar .

EDIT : If no patches are on the discs then you can get them from the link
http://en.thewitcher.com/support/

Top Bottom