Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
Focus on the most demanded by the community:
- Improve the AI of policemen, enemies and NPCS.
- Improve driving systems that are now useless. NPCS cannot overcome obstacles, they cannot drive motorcycles, they do not have any AI.
- We need the fast travel system to be optional. Let there be a public transportation system! Like trains, metro ... Even stations already exist! Open them up! It's common sense and it feels unorganic that it isn't.
- Increase interaction with the city: bars, recreational stands, interactions with NPCS.

This will make the game the excellent open world game it deserves to be! Because art and OST are 10/10.
In CDPR they know it, it will be the work of the next months both for improvements, free dlcs and expansions

I want to suggest some improvement to AI behaviour.

1. enemies aware of V's presence should either destroy cameras if V is using thouth it quick hacks against them or their closest allies. If they are netrunners they should hack cammera instead, preferably making a payback against V with their own hacks.
2. general awareness of AI should increase if V is abusing hacks in stealth mode - using restart optics on one enemy twice in short time should make enemies suspicious.

There's a lot of good fixes in there. I still don't understand why they can't implement full key rebinding, even when all their past games had this. I also don't get why dodge can't be mapped to a single button combo rather than double tap. Again - TW3 had this option. At least there's a mod for it. Also, I saw nothing about the NPC mouths not moving when talking bug. I'm not exaggerating when I say around 50% of them don't move their mouths when they talk. Seems like a major bug to me.

Yay! Finally the alpha stage is over! Welcome beta! When game will be finished with all updates and DLCs by the end of this year, it will be awesome!
I just hope cov*d will not kill me until then! Lol

Good work, its great to see how much work has been done, and it good to see that people are liking this.

It does sort of show how much work was still needed, maybe in the future the management will now listen to their staff (y)

OK! i had been extremely critical of this lack of info and was very concerned that this patch would be like all the rest nothing but a rebranded hotfix
I WAS WRONG!
and they have fixed a hell of a lot of stuff here's hoping that this is just the start of making the game what it has the potential to be no doubt there are still gong to be some issues introduced with this patch but after seeing its scope that will be somewhat understandable(and i will try and be a little less harsh and critical) and i am now much more confident that they will fix them....

There's a lot of good fixes in there. I still don't understand why they can't implement full key rebinding, even when all their past games had this. I also don't get why dodge can't be mapped to a single button combo rather than double tap. Again - TW3 had this option. At least there's a mod for it. Also, I saw nothing about the NPC mouths not moving when talking bug. I'm not exaggerating when I say around 50% of them don't move their mouths when they talk. Seems like a major bug to me.
  • Fixed several issues with missing lipsync.

That's a big patch, but man this is all basic stuff that should've been required before the game released.

Everyone is all "haha I bet this shuts all the haters up!" but I wonder why that would be the case. I played through this game on PC with comparatively very few glitches and interruptions to what I've heard a lot of people experienced. I played on the highest settings with a pretty good framerate throughout (roughly 80-110 fps, but that's a pretty wide variance, so hopefully that's stabilized with this update).

My progression was not halted, my game did not crash, and my saves did not get corrupted. My disappointment with this game is how absolutely bland it is. Just as the primary story started to get somewhat interesting, it ended (and all the endings are a major bummer). The best story experiences were found in some of the entirely optional and missable side quests, and even those were sometimes far too brief. When I decided to shift my efforts to clearing the map of side missions and quest markers, I actually began to hate this game. There is absolutely no reason to invest the time to complete all these filler missions; they're all the same, all cookie-cutter.

There is a huge lack of content here, contrasting to what was originally promised. Missing sections of the city, missing gameplay elements, missing follow-up to story elements established in your intro/life path missions, missing customization options to your character's history, etc.

Also, in a game that takes place in a world with such a heavy emphasis on body modification and manipulating outward appearance, the fact that I can't even get a haircut, let alone modify anything else about my appearance, is absurd. The decision by the higher-ups to switch the game to first-person kills the enjoyment I would get out of finding and equipping all manner of cool looking outfits, consequently nullifying the one aspect of visual customization this game actually does have.

And so now with this patch that makes an average and incomplete-feeling FPS run a bit smoother, we're supposed to fall in love with it? Absolutely not. This game needs a MASSIVE content patch/update/overhaul, and until then, people have every right to continue to be disappointed in it.

Last edited:
Jackie no longer shouts "Nice shot!" when V kills enemies while in stealth mode.
1617025884994.png

V's line in the Columbarium:

Killed by that scav because Jackie had to shout "nice shot!" while stealth killing scavs.

I skimmed through quickly so I might have missed it, but I do not believe I saw anything about the broken perks being fixed. That is disappointing I guess I will wait for the next patch and reinstall if they fix that.

*waiting for the usual "But no car chases!!!" cries coming from the distance...*

It sure is an impressive list, good work CDPR.
Normally i would be one of the first to mention it but not this time the patch list is huge and is solely based on fixing bugs and i'm thinking that the car chase issues are part of the AI system which probably needs a rebuild that hopefully we seen in time

Top Bottom