Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
Very impressive. Perhaps CDPR should have mentioned the lengh of list of changes in news instead of focusing on only 4 fixes, giving the impression that the patch will be small.

I'm a bit surprised to see nothing mentioned about broken 'Perks'. That's a pretty big item to be tucked away under "And many more".

That said, well done CDPR. Just expect some things to break folks, as happens anytime with patches this large. Give it time.

You are completely free to be disappointed with something that didn't turn out the way you expected it, but at this point to expect a complete overhaul is imo simply unrealistic. Might be time for you to accept the fact you made a bad purchase and move on with your life. Shit happens - wasted 60$ aren't the end of the world. I wasted 30 times that amount on things that I ended up being disappointed with and simply moved on.

Also such massive patches are always good. When bugs are smoothed out and performance improved they can start working on bringing new content or even things that didn't make the cut, because of time restraints. How people fail to see this is beyond me, but then I always prefered to focus on the positives, rather than dwelling over the negatives and remain constantly disappointed by everything.
One scenario that I have never seen mentioned is that the game was released in this state due to CDPR going massively over budget and actually had little to do with running out of time. In my opinion that answers far more questions than anything else. The game was supposed to be different every time you played it. But in the state it is in now you have to complete the Takemura, Panam, and Pacifica storyline which doesn't make any sense. At some point the game asks you which lead do you would want to follow, but then it forces you to complete them all to finish the game. The storylines have nothing to do with each other. If you look at it as being a budget issue you can see the skeletal remains of what was going to be three separate paths you could have chosen to go with. To me it seems like at one point CDPR realized that there was no possible way to finish the game without losing money. To correct the error in management they broke out the scotch tape and mashed everything that they had together to hopefully get a finished product that resembled a working game.

As I mentioned other things start to make sense then.
- Broken skills that have no effect on gameplay
- Missing NPC AI
- Missing NPC Vehicle AI
- EQ stats not making any difference
- Broken crafting mechanics
- Becoming OP around level 30 no matter what spec or difficulty level you are playing in
- Lack of immersive things to do in the city
- and many more

The saddest thing to me is that the backbone of this company (game developers and artists) made an amazingly beautiful detailed world with extraordinary character models and insane vehicles with fantastic interiors and the management there made them smash it all together into this simulacra abomination.

Now CDPR has never to my knowledge acknowledged or apologized for anything other than the vast amount of bugs like the ones on these patch notes. So I am curious to see if they actually address the lists of complaints being made by players about the lack of content. Unless they are taking money from the game sales to get this thing done in hopes that they can get something worth while for a multiplayer cash cow, I would have to agree, it is probably unrealistic.

Last edited:
WOW those are too many changes, thank you for everything, thanks for keep working on this game.
Man I'm really going to miss "K-Hop", it was a bug with kerenzikov but it was too funny that the community even gave it a name, but anyways, I'm glad that you guys fixed that and other bugs, I'm so excited and expecting to get this update soon, have a nice day!

It's an impressive patch...far way from what I could imagine. Thanks for all the team.
But I read the whole patch notes but I haven't seen anything about the gameplay of mantis blade and the execution animation who take way too long in combat...
I hope car chases and global AI improvement are in the intention of the dev for future patches !

It is just my opinion seeing that CDPR is doing a hard job but mostly focused on fixing all the bugs that the initial game has.

If the game no longer has bugs, it will be at that moment when improvements, dlcs and expansions can be applied. I don't think this is the last big patch because it will surely not be enough to get back into the play store and there will still be bugs in the game that will have to be fixed.

Surely for June or July we will have another great patch that will leave the game ready to receive the improvements and the new content.

I also think that PS4 or XBOX 1 cannot limit the potential of Cyberpunk 2077. There should be a stable version for old consoles and an improved version that takes advantage of the full potential of the game for PC and new generation consoles.

CYBERPUNK 2077 CANNOT BE LIMITED IN ITS POSSIBILITIES BY PS4 OR XBOX 1.

The CDPR conference is sure to clarify many things for us.
This ^.

"Kerenzikov Time-Warp movement speed boost" or "Kerenzikov Time-Warp Jump", yeah I would like to call it that, has some serious incredible potentials to create some real cool gameplay experience, like the "Matrix" stuff. It's really, really a shame that you decided to remove it rather than fully develop it into a fully functional, interesting combat system, seeing it as a "glitch" caused by red engine's features. Please, CDPR, at least bring this back, I or we, don't mind having a few tweaks or overhauls of this "glitch", add it to the game features, CP2077 is a really potential game, this might just be a very little effort to make this game even better. And finally thanks for your hark work.

PS: I really love the game, I love V, Johnny and Jackie, and many other characters that you created, but the game, I play it on PS4, it was really a disaster from the beginning, despite all this, I played the game for 450+hrs, please, I still believe that you can make this game even much better.

Last edited:
A good and obviously expected move so far. I remember Generation Zero being absolutely trashed for its unstable launch and I would read through the extensive list of fixes that came a couple of times before actual content could be added... I've seen this effort before and it makes me slightly optimistic. Not that I can 100% trust in the future, but this is the very beginning of swallowing the large pill that is burnt public trust. I'm keeping my optimism at bay, but I do hope the future outcome is one worthy of retribution

Very impressive. Perhaps CDPR should have mentioned the lengh of list of changes in news instead of focusing on only 4 fixes, giving the impression that the patch will be small.

Why?

What would mentioning how long the list of fixes was going to be change?

Things would've went down the same way. Look at this thread. They produced exactly what they said they would - a big patch to fix bugs. We got a few QoL improvements thrown in there and, yet, there are plenty who are still unhappy because they didn't get what they expected of the patch. Regardless of how unrealistic what they wanted was in the given timeframe or how what they expected was never the point of 1.2.

:shrug:

You are completely free to be disappointed with something that didn't turn out the way you expected it, but at this point to expect a complete overhaul is imo simply unrealistic. Might be time for you to accept the fact you made a bad purchase and move on with your life. Shit happens - wasted 60$ aren't the end of the world. I wasted 30 times that amount on things that I ended up being disappointed with and simply moved on.

Also such massive patches are always good. When bugs are smoothed out and performance improved they can start working on bringing new content or even things that didn't make the cut, because of time restraints. How people fail to see this is beyond me, but then I always prefered to focus on the positives, rather than dwelling over the negatives and remain constantly disappointed by everything.
I think you completely missed the point of the post, and of the entire situation surrounding this game. By your response, it should've just been left alone as a failed, incomplete, bugged game, and everyone should just get over it.

- Missing NPC AI
- Missing driving AI
- Becoming OP around level 30 no matter what spec or difficulty level you are playing in
Big amount of issues may be related to bugs with pathfinding for the NPCs. And there is in patch notes mention about fixes related to it. I played long enough to notice that in some places were NPCs really tough opponents, and on some like fishes in barrel. Next issue was slow reaction of NPCs to V's position change. This also may be already adressed in patch. What I really do not understand is, why to be so impatient and do not test first the changes in game (hopefully in day or two), before continue with complains right after release of the patch notes. And there are some of points which may hide behind simple sentence huge amount of work.

Last edited:
I'm happy that they've managed to fix so much! Impressive list.

But.. this is what they've fixed so far. This game is sooo buggy, it's insane. Even with a list this long, they still have lots of work left to do.

Anyhow, good start. I'll give it a try when it drops to see if it fixes the worst problems for me. I really want to play this game now..

Top Bottom