Game crashing

+

Cali66

Forum veteran
My game was working just fine before then when I try starting the game it
suddenly crashes to desktop. I even ran a file validation and no files were corrupted
even tried restarting my computer tried starting the game again and it still crashes

My game was working just fine before then when I try starting the game it
suddenly crashes to desktop. I even ran a file validation and no files were corrupted
even tried restarting my computer tried starting the game again and it still crashes
SAME!!! It is annoying!

Cali66

Forum veteran
SAME!!! It is annoying!
What I found was if your using to many mods in your archive folder the game can't handle it.
I removed my mods started the game again and it was fine,
then I slowly added mods then tried it. Right now I'm using a few mods
just not as many before and the game seems to run.
If your using any Reshaders there shouldn't be a problem.

It could also be due to lack of RAM. CP crashed when I'm using a lot of apps together. I turned almost all of them off, except employee monitoring software since it couldn't be turned off on a working PC, and it was all right.. But i'll try using less mods maybe it would allow me to use more apps at the same time with CP.

What I found was if your using to many mods in your archive folder the game can't handle it.
I removed my mods started the game again and it was fine,
then I slowly added mods then tried it. Right now I'm using a few mods
just not as many before and the game seems to run.
If your using any Reshaders there shouldn't be a problem.
Had no mods at the time of crashing. I found out my gpu was causing the crashes, the new version of Nvidia drivers was trash and had to be turned back to previous version. Then found out the game started crashing because it couldn't access certain files? Don't know, but it quit crashing.

Had no mods at the time of crashing. I found out my gpu was causing the crashes, the new version of Nvidia drivers was trash and had to be turned back to previous version. Then found out the game started crashing because it couldn't access certain files? Don't know, but it quit crashing.
Good rule of thumb is - if a driver is working properly don't update it constantly. Sometimes newer versions cause a lot more problems then improvements. I've never understood why some people need to constantly update with every single new version, unless you need it for particular game to run smoother.

Ah, seems i'm not only one who got instant crash when launching the game, after 1.2 update.
Yeah, pretty thoroughly broke. Even turned off the Steam Overlay and reinstalled the needed third party from MS. :-/

Not exactly the best deal to show everything is fixed with the patch.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm. Looks like it had a symlink for the Version.dll instead of the actual file....

Last edited:
Well, the game worked fine for me for the ~200 hours I've played so far. Downloaded 1.2, had 2 crashes to desktop within 5 minutes of playing; once when attempting to fast travel, once when just wlking through the streets.

Just validated local files on Steam and one file seems to be corrupted. It is now reacquired (9.3 GB ... what kind of file is that?!). Here's to hoping that fixes matters. Otherwise, the patch will have already broken more for me than it fixed :(

Well, the game worked fine for me for the ~200 hours I've played so far. Downloaded 1.2, had 2 crashes to desktop within 5 minutes of playing; once when attempting to fast travel, once when just wlking through the streets.

Just validated local files on Steam and one file seems to be corrupted. It is now reacquired (9.3 GB ... what kind of file is that?!). Here's to hoping that fixes matters. Otherwise, the patch will have already broken more for me than it fixed :(
Are you using any mods? If so you have to move them from the patch folder to a mod specific folder after 1.2 patch. This might be why the game is crashing frequently.

Any ideas why CP is crashing after 1.2 patch on PC?

Edit: Clean instalation did a trick

Attachments

• report.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 63
  • stacktrace.txt
    194 bytes · Views: 46
  • Cyberpunk2077.exe-20210329-204358-16364-7948.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
SIgh, cdpr splash screen and crash. Removed mods, removed reshade, validated files, updated amd drivers. Crash over and over. God dammit cdpr

It looks like if you had Vortex for modding for your game, it did a symlink of the version.dll which is 100% broken for 1.2.

Ah, seems i'm not only one who got instant crash when launching the game, after 1.2 update.
Happens the same to me... just run, load game and... crash... why oh why.... just playing this morning when "FORCED" patch just pop on steam... Well now dont work... Bravo 1.2... :(
Post automatically merged:

Same happened to me... no bugs until today, thank to 1.2 now i have experienced crashes

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
If any of you have been using cyber engine tweaks you have to go into the game directory and remove it completely. all these need to go

/bin/x64/plugins/
/bin/x64/global.ini
/bin/x64/LICENSE
/bin/x64/version.dll

Should help at least some of ya'll

*edit. Even uninstalling the game and reinstalling it won't remove these files. You have to do it yourself.

If any of you have been using cyber engine tweaks you have to go into the game directory and remove it completely. all these need to go

/bin/x64/plugins/
/bin/x64/global.ini
/bin/x64/LICENSE
/bin/x64/version.dll

Should help at least some of ya'll

*edit. Even uninstalling the game and reinstalling it won't remove these files. You have to do it yourself.

This worked. Thank you!!!!

Top Bottom