Things you can't do in Act One

+
Yes but this is Cyberpunk 2077 so we must hold it to an irrational standard we hold no other game to.

To be fair, the highs of Cyberpunk 2077 are so high that it makes the lows really jarring, like yesterday going for a final run with my Street Kid V and just taking my time to soak in the atmosphere, I was constantly telling myself to overlook some of the gameplay inconsistencies and graphical bugs because they're not unique to CP2077 and they happen in every game ever released.

It's just that I was so immersed that my brain kept tripping over minor details like a flickering texture, a broken animation, a couple of dialogue lines overlapping etc. and I had to remind myself that yeah.. it's a game, it has bugs just like every other game...

It's funny since I've played the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Bethesda Soft. games quite a bit and they're all immersive and atmospheric but I've never had a problem overlooking some of the flaws and the bugs present in them.

I think it speaks volumes of the quality of the work in Cyberpunk, if the game would have had less issues and inconsistencies it would be have been an outstanding achievement.

Trying to do the same a OP. Anyone have a workaround for this ? Done every GIG and Sidemission i can find, met with Ev and this is the last step before the heist. This is my 7th V, so im not SUPER stoked on starting a new game again.

Attachments

• 20210328175316_1.jpg
    20210328175316_1.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 60
I'm guessing the OP hasn't played a lot of games, open world, and even some linear games do the same thing.
They either lock you out of the rest of the map using barriers of different kinds. Or they stop you by using higher level NPC's.
And make sure you level up your character before you can progress. And many games are divided up into acts, until you trigger a event or quest, that open up to another act.

Developers have no way of telling, how fast a player will move through the main events. Or how many side quests, the player will do, but they still have to fill the world with quests, to keep the player busy. This time also gives the player a chance to grasp the mechanics of the game and become familiar with your skills and the game world. It also keeps the player from getting frustrated, because of difficulty they don't want the player to feel overwhelmed and quit playing the game. Letting the player move on when they feel confident is different, for every player. In general most players like to feel a little over powered. Or they start calling the game a grind.

To be fair, the highs of Cyberpunk 2077 are so high that it makes the lows really jarring

Thou speakest the truth! You haven't seen anything until you see River Ward run over a woman with his car, killing her in the process, and then go on with his "good cop" behavior like nothing happened. That actually made my laugh (i'm a bad person).

With the street kid life path you can travel to coyote cojo fast travel point. Enemies and loot boxes seem to be populated but you can break stuff by looting boxes that contain evidence for the NCPD gigs, that was my experience at least.
To amplify what mjbennett1978 (and others) says about NCPD Scanner Hustles, I looted the evidence container for Tygers by the Tail before the heist, and the Criminal Activity icon remained on the screen throughout my entire 2nd play through. When I returned to the location, the empty box still had the exclamation over it, but I could not "complete" the mission. This prevented my 2nd V from achieving the It's Elementary achievement of completing all gigs and NCPD Scanner Hustled in Watson. I got all other areas' achievement for clearing gigs and hustles. I hit street cred 50 and level 50. It's the only thing left on my interactive map. And I did it to myself trying to level my V up as much as I could before the heist. And it's totally unnecessary. Everything scales. I recommend you just play the game as intended until The Heist is over and you've got Johnny on board.

Thou speakest the truth! You haven't seen anything until you see River Ward run over a woman with his car, killing her in the process, and then go on with his "good cop" behavior like nothing happened. That actually made my laugh (i'm a bad person).

I was crying with laughter when River pulled over at Joss' place with a dead guy on the bonnet, it was beautiful. :D

I have gotten out of Watson driving once......I hijacked a fast car and when I hit the turn around respawn it kicked me back but I was going so fast that it glitched and ended up letting me through.... Don't know if it was a one off or not, as it was pretty boring outside without anything really to do, so I haven't tried to do it again.

I guess you could START the tarot card quest. But some of the cards you need to find are outside the city.

You cant see the tarrot murals/grafiti before you get the Relic unfortunately. Upon completing everything there is to do in Watson prior to heist, i FT to El Coyote (Street Kid only). Gigs and such pop up if you have enough cred, but they dont trigger the call from fixer. So there is nothing to do here realy, besides exploring i guess.

Honestly though, having done all that can be done in Watson, you should be close to lvl 13, and your pockets should be weighed down by aprox 200k Eddies. Even Very Hard becomes a joke after this.

You cant see the tarrot murals/grafiti before you get the Relic unfortunately. Upon completing everything there is to do in Watson prior to heist, i FT to El Coyote (Street Kid only). Gigs and such pop up if you have enough cred, but they dont trigger the call from fixer. So there is nothing to do here realy, besides exploring i guess.

Honestly though, having done all that can be done in Watson, you should be close to lvl 13, and your pockets should be weighed down by aprox 200k Eddies. Even Very Hard becomes a joke after this.

SO that is why I was confused why I did not see the Fool right next to my own apartment door in the beginning, because I could not. I had thought maybe I was running with horse blinders thru my door and out again. Dam I even got the CAT before I noticed the Fool card mural.

Top Bottom