Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)

- Behavior of NPCs
- it is cloned and unauthentic despite 1.2 patch. Reactions for V's actions are either absurd or non-existent. NPCs response should be diverse, from panic, through shock, to aggression. Not crouching while covering their heads.

- Assigning the few basic characteristics/personalities to NPCs, such as:

- Aggressive/Brave - reacts to V's action with immediate violence in severe cases or with verbal disapproval in case of less severe actions.
- Neutral/Normal - evading V's violent actions, expressing disapproval to less severe actions. Threatening to call the Police, offending.
- Coward/Weak - evading V's actions in panic, freezing, being intimidated by V's presence.

NPCs leaving their cars in reaction for street shooting is idiotic. They should act like in case of GTA-series, running away by car, or running away on foot in certain situations (traffic jam etc). Attacking V by their car in case of agressive/brave characteristic.

- Hardcoded car traffic. There is nothing wrong with the idea itself, yet NPCs in cars should be able to react on V's action by diverting their coded paths.

Bypassing obstacles (V's car, other stopped cars)

Diverse reactions for collisions
(currently cars just stop in the very place they were hit). What would be nice?

- Ignoring the minor collisions, escaping the scene in some cases, pulling over on the edge of the road, leaving the car in the anger, chasing the V in retaliation in car).

More Interactive Environment:

More vendors, stores, beggars, clubs.

Police, Criminal Rating System:

Police should arrive on the scene in their cars, spawned from larger distance (over 100meters, out of sight of V). Police should be able to chase V in their cars.

Police on foot should not spawn in such short distance from V, last patch did not solve the problem.

Technical:

Spawning/Removing the NPCs & Cars in extremely short distance to V. It is not immersive at all the see the car/npc appearing out of nowhere or disappearing immediately after V turns their head. Radius of 100m should be locked from disappearing/spawning.

This would solve vast majority of immersion breaking actions.

Last edited:
Car chases and more realistic npcs driving, in the tight streets of NC downtown, at peak times?
It would be nice to see that implemented, but would probably raise the minimum system requirements to play the game.

A lot of importance is being given to NCPD unrealistic behaviour, I'd suggest trying to act in a more civilized way and avoid police confrontations. I mean, do people really get a kick running from the police?!
If we're to get more realistic, then we should also get a police record, have to pay tickets, be arrested and stop getting police jobs. We'd stop earning eddies from the hustles to have to spend them for our infractions.

Here's something I'd like to see, a stopwatch. I like to race through the city during the night, I don't want to race against anyone, I'd just like to be able to setup a route on the map, save it and race it whenever I want and at the same time keep track of my times.

Wouldn't it be faster to say "i want the GTA sandbox"? I doubt that is gonna happen,the focus of the game is not that and might require significant changes to the game engine. Realistically,they might be able to solve traffic jams and de-spawning radius of cars/npcs(but you will for sure pay a price in performance).

Last edited:
Forget it, they will not address any real issues. They would have to rework whole systems from the ground up. Too much effort, it's easier to just pretend the problem is not there.

Sigh. I have my issues with the game but these comments are so tiresome. If y'all are gonna criticize them as they actively work to improve the game, why should they even bother? Provide constructive feedback or check up on the game in a years time and THEN complain if these issues are still not fixed.

Many people, many times over, provided them with constructive feedback. They obviously are not focusing on it. Increasing radius for the braindead police AI is not fixing the problem - it's hiding it. They never really admitted missing/broken features, so what's there to support? If they came clean and said what are their plans - fine. But's not what they are doing. They are not transparent.
Post automatically merged:

Sigh. I have my issues with the game but these comments are so tiresome. If y'all are gonna criticize them as they actively work to improve the game, why should they even bother? Provide constructive feedback or check up on the game in a years time and THEN complain if these issues are still not fixed.
Many people, many times over, provided them with constructive feedback. They obviously are not focusing on it. Increasing radius for the braindead police AI is not fixing the problem - it's hiding it. They never really admitted missing/broken features, so what's there to support? If they came clean and said what are their plans - fine. But that's not what they are doing. They are not transparent.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Realistically:
- AI cars mastering the technique of bypassing vehicles parked on the street
- pedestrians having more complex movement pattern (more complex than walking 50m back and forth)

Anything they manage to accomplish beyond that would be a bonus for me.

Realistically:
- AI cars mastering the technique of bypassing vehicles parked on the street
- pedestrians having more complex movement pattern (more complex than walking 50m back and forth)

Yes, these are probably the most immersion-breaking ai shortcomings in the game.
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to see things rebalanced all across the board, expecially difficulty-wise. Game becomes a tad too easy mid to late game.

Guest 3847602

Looks like the only issue before the normal police implementation. Okay-level driving AI -> police spawns on cars and further -> basic police requirement satisfied.
I don't know if it's the only issue (could be the engine limitation, could be the risk of putting too much strain on last-gen consoles), but yeah, police chases are a no-go until this problem is resolved.

I would not mind if it was easy, but it's a one big exploit. 5 mil damage, over 100% crit stack, which won't work due to bugs.

You cannot take your leveling system from W3 and put it into a shooter. This won't work.
Mmm,in the old tabletop it was also that many combats ended in 1 turn for a "solo" leveled-up...basically is 1-shot in head you die,1-shot in a limb you loose the limb(and you die from trauma). Main problem is that late in-game,only snippers can take you out if you don't take them out 1st (and few use Grads)...more use of techno weapons,grads and hacking by enemies maybe would help.

Mmm,in the old tabletop it was also that many combats ended in 1 turn for a "solo" leveled-up...basically is 1-shot in head you die,1-shot in a limb you loose the limb
We're talking about the CP2077 combat, which has nothing in common with the tabletop one. It's not meant to be played so.

We're talking about the CP2077 combat, which has nothing in common with the tabletop one. It's not meant to be played so.
I know,i meant that maybe they were too much influenced by the tabletop design. I agree its not a balanced system in cp2077

Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads.

Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles

The game is broken for me on PS5 after the patch. Before: fast loading times, pretty graphics. Now after 1.2 patch: long loading times, terrible pop in, terrible LOD. I don't know what they did to the PS4 version, but these changes led to problems with the PS5 version.

The game is broken for me on PS5 after the patch. Before: fast loading times, pretty graphics. Now after 1.2 patch: long loading times, terrible pop in, terrible LOD. I don't know what they did to the PS4 version, but these changes led to problems with the PS5 version.

What I noticed on PC is that the best option for me is to perform a clean reinstall after a patch goes live, instead of installing just the patch itself.

Not sure if it would help in your situation, though.

Because of the solutions that CDPR is putting into the game in this short period of time, I think we are all already aware that all the mechanics that would make the experience more complete ARE NOT DEVELOPED IN THE GAME. It is not that they are broken, NO, the reason they are not doing that important work yet is because the systems we are asking for DO NOT EXIST IN CYBERPUNK 2077. At least a year or two years for these very important features that we want to be in the game .

You have to develop them from scratch and then plug them into the game and make them work, guys, that takes a long time. Hopefully there is a team dedicated to that great task.

As you are seeing with this last patch there is no possibility of developing those systems yet, they are repairing what they have developed, everything that is discussed in this thread is not even developed, without a doubt the moment in which they decided not to invest money and time in these more complex systems were assuming the big cut that Cyberpunk was going to have.

We must support the team, let them advance in the repair of all the faults that still exist in the base game, in order to then be able to develop the complex systems that are requested and that will need new generation machines and high-end PCs to be able to with all the active systems in the game.

What we ask for cannot be seen on older generation machines.

Are you not realizing that the game code is very unstable and not very synchronized with each other?

First they will have to advance and improve the Red Engine, they will not be able to make more complex changes in the game if they do not do that first, they need time and we must give it to them.

Wait till the actual ps5 version comes out..my game works good on my ps5 but still has a few tiny problems

Top Bottom