Patch 1.2 — list of changes

+
Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads.

Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles

Played around an hour after installing patch 1.2. And noticed a few problems while trying it:
  • NPC popping out of nowhere: went to V's apartment but the area looked deserted. At first I thought maybe because it's noon. But then suddenly it became crowded. And it's not only there, every crowded place has that same problem. I know reducing NPC density will help in game optimization but
  • Half rendered assets: This problem was surprisingly gone after previous patches but seems like v1.2 brought it back again. Though it was only for few seconds, but half rendered NPCs really looks weird.
  • Game optimization: Felt a little bit smoother that previous versions but still getting FPS drops in crowded places.
  • Cyberware and photomode still not going well. If you have projectile launch system or mantis blade installed and wanted to show them in photo mode, the fingers acting weird.
I must say I am a bit disappointed after seeing the condition of this patch. Please don't tell me it's another rushed work.

Well, what I noticed in 2.5h gameplay that is terrible:
-Big nerf of crafting build. You can't get much components by uncrafting stuff and 0 from cans (if it was too broken, at least givea bit of value to consumables beside being drunk)
Components cost got so badly increased. So you have less grey/blue components to evolve them in rare / epic / legendary

But looks it was a priority instead of npc shooting through walls with a revolver (Overture)
Or death from a 2m height jump after having a data mining breach protocol.

NCPD is still popping as it was before this patch.

To be honest I expected a lot about performance more than gameplay on this patch. But finally I feel that I've to make a new game without crafting spec. 90H doomed....

NPC popping out of nowhere: went to V's apartment but the area looked deserted. At first I thought maybe because it's noon. But then suddenly it became crowded. And it's not only there, every crowded place has that same problem. I know reducing NPC density will help in game optimization but
I noticed this one too. This is just a layman's impression, but it looks to me like they simply tweaked the streaming priority list of their engine rather than do proper optimization. Basically, the environment/collision data has the highest priority, then the vehicles and then NPCs. That's what it looks like to me.
If I'm driving around, the framerate is nice and smooth, but the streets are now deserted, barely any traffic or NPCs. If I slow down, they start popping up slowly. If I exit the vehicle and walk around, the NPC and vehicle density increases significantly in the immediate area I'm in.

There's this item which resets all perks which now can be bought to a reduced price from several shops. Maybe that's fixing your problem?

And many more.
Are item mods like "+25% damage to high threat" working now properly or at least show correct stats in stats menu? Or we are still at the point of: "errr.. should i spent 100k creds for thing that seems useless"? or even "Why it is in game if it don't working?"

This is the third time I'm writing about Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual which the patch notes state that it's fixed but it still doesn't trigger for me! Did all the required steps in order to trigger the boss (scanning everything, decoding the shard, examining bodies and the fridge and ...) it's been months that I've been stuck on this quest.

P.S: I broke that poor soul's neck and dumped his body in the dumpster before he could even speak.

There's this item which resets all perks which now can be bought to a reduced price from several shops. Maybe that's fixing your problem?
Well, yes and no. Tbh wanted to buff all my iconic stuff to smash this dear Smasher. I've 19 on technical ability. But it was just about crafting to the max. The item you talk about is for the lower tier perk if I remember. So I'd better restart and chose wisely what's truly needed in this as it's lower than other build from now on.

So the Many Ways to Skin a Cat gig is still bugged and unprogressable. And all holographic sights on weapons are still massively glitched out.

• Added a physical reward from Regina for defeating all cyberpsychos that can be found in her office where is it? i can't find it.(i already completed the quest before patch)

This is the third time I'm writing about Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual which the patch notes state that it's fixed but it still doesn't trigger for me! Did all the required steps in order to trigger the boss (scanning everything, decoding the shard, examining bodies and the fridge and ...) it's been months that I've been stuck on this quest.

P.S: I broke that poor soul's neck and dumped his body in the dumpster before he could even speak.
After scanning everything and nothing triggering, I explored around a bit looking for a good spot to snipe from when/if I could get it to trigger. While I was climbing around on top the building at the back of the ritual site, the psycho finally spawned. Maybe try that.

In short: looks like after patch 1.2 game graphics became worst for XBOX ONE X.
Full story: I finished this game and startted replaying Witcher 3. Right before patch 1.2 release I finished Withcher 3 and returned to CP2077 to check patch 1.2. What I noticed almost immediately, what game graphics became like 16 bit after being 24 bit. Also colours became more dull. I do not know, is it effect of Witcher 3 or patch 1.2 really screwed Xbox One X performance in favor of Xbox One and PS4. My screen: LG OLED 65C8.

Top Bottom