HDR implementation is broken

+
I just registered an account to give a +1 for this. I'm incredibly frustrated at how clearly broken the HDR implementation is and that ZERO mention of it has been made by the developers. I understand they have a large list of improvements and fixes they are trying to make, but it would be really nice to just know if this is on their radar at all.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It would calm me down if I knew that they have the problem on their radar and plan a fix for one of the upcoming patches.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It would calm me down if I knew that they have the problem on their radar and plan a fix for one of the upcoming patches.
Considering the sheer amount of technical issues complained about in this forum alone, I would not bet on this.
Even if they know, I guess they will be busy for the rest of the year fixing the game breaking bugs alone.

Considering the sheer amount of technical issues complained about in this forum alone, I would not bet on this.
Even if they know, I guess they will be busy for the rest of the year fixing the game breaking bugs alone.

I'm afraid you might be right about that, even if I don't hope so.

Have you guys filed a proper bug report yet?

I've looked for it, but haven't found a way to do it.
Can you show me a way how to do this?

But hopefully CDPR will read in their own forum right?
I have pointed out the problem under every patch announcement.
Hopefully they'll also watch YouTube. Not only did HDTVTest / Vincent recognize the HDR problem, but the guys at Digital Foundry also mentioned it.

My HDR worked after I first changed it in Windows and then opened the game. I must say that it looks very nice!

try this:

I've looked for it, but haven't found a way to do it.
Can you show me a way how to do this?

Sure, just go to the site here:

Then click on "Contact Us" and describe your issue. Be as detailed as possible and attach the DxDiag report if possible.

But hopefully CDPR will read in their own forum right?
I have pointed out the problem under every patch announcement.
Hopefully they'll also watch YouTube. Not only did HDTVTest / Vincent recognize the HDR problem, but the guys at Digital Foundry also mentioned it.

I very much doubt they frequent this forum. There are other things on their radar and currently, Even if it is on their radar, the more bug reports the better. (Didn't notice DF mentioning this in a video, do you have a link to it?)

My HDR worked after I first changed it in Windows and then opened the game. I must say that it looks very nice!

try this:

I play on console (PS5) and an LG OLED TV so the tips are not an option

Sure, just go to the site here:

Then click on "Contact Us" and describe your issue. Be as detailed as possible and attach the DxDiag report if possible.

I very much doubt they frequent this forum. There are other things on their radar and currently, Even if it is on their radar, the more bug reports the better. (Didn't notice DF mentioning this in a video, do you have a link to it?)

thanks for the link. I submitted a bug report.

here is the link for PlayStation users:

Regarding DF, I tried to find the mention of HDR again, but didn't find it in the many Cyperpunk videos. Maybe I was wrong too. Even if they hadn't made it a big issue, only mentioned it in a subordinate clause.

1.2 no improvement on Oled C9 with 3090 - probably will never be fixed. Same problem like in Witcher 3 - and why it never got HDR on PC?
Played 1.2 for a couple of minutes... accident shortly after the prolog - at least I had a laugh at the funny floating bumper bug.
IMG-20210329-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's cheese but I didn't want to write a similar post and rather copy n' paste.

+1 fo fix the HDR implementation.

I'm a huge fan of Cyberpunk, played the book game years ago so imagine how excited I was to get this game, specially after playing and replaying Witcher 3, 7 times.
I even waited to get the Xbox Series X and My LG OLED C1 to enjoy it property...

Well, guess what, turned it on, create my V, played 15 minutes (right when you enter into the bar and couldn't handle the washed out blacks and walls...

I spent more time searching the internet on which settings should I play with and hot to get a decent image quality than playing the actual game...

With a broken heart, turned off the game, the console and decided not to touch it 'til fixed.

After 7 months, I was honestly still expecting several glitches and bugs but not this... Not this at all... I'll even dare to say that I don't care about the bugs and glitches, I want it to look stunning, I want to be able to drown in the ambiance and aesthetics of the game.

@CD PROJEKT RED please, please... Fix the HDR implementation in consoles and do it ASAP.

HDR isn't well implemented for a lot of games anyway, at least on Xbox. You always have to fine-tune it to remove that washed-out feel on my 4k HDR 55" LED.

I meddled with the HDR in-game options in CP77, but it surely took some time to set them the way i like it, and it still is far from perfect.

HDR isn't well implemented for a lot of games anyway, at least on Xbox. You always have to fine-tune it to remove that washed-out feel on my 4k HDR 55" LED.

I meddled with the HDR in-game options in CP77, but it surely took some time to set them the way i like it, and it still is far from perfect.
This doesn't change the fact that HDR in CP2077 is just wrong. Their support even acknowledged that and this apparently is a known issue.

If you want a bug to be fixed you should report it using the proper channel:

I did it months ago, nobody seems to care.

on the PS4 Pro and the PS5, HDR is very good for all games, except for cyberpunk.

I know it's cheese but I didn't want to write a similar post and rather copy n' paste.

+1 fo fix the HDR implementation.

I'm a huge fan of Cyberpunk, played the book game years ago so imagine how excited I was to get this game, specially after playing and replaying Witcher 3, 7 times.
I even waited to get the Xbox Series X and My LG OLED C1 to enjoy it property...

Well, guess what, turned it on, create my V, played 15 minutes (right when you enter into the bar and couldn't handle the washed out blacks and walls...

I spent more time searching the internet on which settings should I play with and hot to get a decent image quality than playing the actual game...

With a broken heart, turned off the game, the console and decided not to touch it 'til fixed.

After 7 months, I was honestly still expecting several glitches and bugs but not this... Not this at all... I'll even dare to say that I don't care about the bugs and glitches, I want it to look stunning, I want to be able to drown in the ambiance and aesthetics of the game.

@CD PROJEKT RED please, please... Fix the HDR implementation in consoles and do it ASAP.

Thanks for your comment.

For my part, I gave up hope and turned off HDR and played in SDR.

SDR looks very good, HDR unfortunately not at all.
Post automatically merged:

@Azulath my friend, I did report the issue. Thanks.

I did that months ago, unfortunately nobody at CDPR seems to be interested.

This doesn't change the fact that HDR in CP2077 is just wrong. Their support even acknowledged that and this apparently is a known issue.
Never said otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

on the PS4 Pro and the PS5, HDR is very good for all games, except for cyberpunk.

RDR2's HDR has been broken for quite a while before it got fixed. HDR in Hitman 3 is one of the most criticized aspects of the game. And so on.

Last edited:
RDR2's HDR has been broken for quite a while before it got fixed. HDR in Hitman 3 is one of the most criticized aspects of the game. And so on.

As you say RDR2 has been patched so I didn't mention it. I haven't played Hitman 3 yet, but Hitman 1 + 2 had excellent HDR on the PS4.
Apart from CP2077 and RDR2 I am not aware of any game with HDR problems and I have played a lot of games with HDR support on the PS4 Pro / PS5 since 2016.

Top Bottom