Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
NPCs in this game will never have a realistic routine, as in Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, simply because every NPC roaming the streets is randomly generated on the spot. They get spawned and despawned all the time, so the most they can do is to repeat the same basic action over and over (walking 40 meters back and forth, smoking, etc). It's just the way the game engine works. Maybe the devs will make small improvements on NPCs behavior over time, but we'll never get to see what most people want to see regarding AI of NPCs and cars in this game. It's the same reason why car chases happen very rarely, and when they do happen, they are bugged as hell.

Honestly, people still asking for car chases, realistic cops & NPCs behavior and day and night routines in this game, should simply let it go, or at least temper expectations. Have fun with the game, and ask the devs to fix and improve on things that can actually be done without rebuilding the game engine from scratch. Yes, things were said during early promotion of the game, we all know that, "they lied to us", broken promises and all that jazz... But the game's been out for a while now, people should really understand now we are NEVER going to see these things in this game. Maybe next year, with big expansions starting to roll out, but i wouldn't hold my breath until Cyberpunk 2, since expansions will still be based upon the same version of REDengine.

So, what do i expect from 1.3? Other bug fixes, Quality of Life improvements, rebalancing on difficulty, and FIX THOSE PERKS for God's sake. And i really, REALLY hope they try and find a more elegant solution to the rendering of cars in the distance, because those 2D sprites look like something from 8-bit era. I already like the game in its current form, i just hope to see things improved here and there, and i have no doubt the game will get better with every future patch and update.

There`s still quite a few bugs to fix so I dont expect nothing big Broken perks are probably very important at this point.

I wish for further work on crowd behaviour and car traffic but I know improvements will be relatively small and nothing compare to expectations.

They should also take a closer look at animations transition between certain NPC actions and try to make it smoother.

i really, REALLY hope they try and find a more elegant solution to the rendering of cars in the distance, because those 2D sprites look like something from 8-bit era.

I don't think they should even exist. If it's completely separate traffic from what we're able to see from up close, then it's no point having it there. Just soaking up graphics demand for no real benefits.

If they intend that traffic to realize itself when it comes closer, it should actually reflect the ability to render those cars from up close, rather than having vastly different renderings of thousands of cars in distance and like 30 cars up close.

Guys, "engine doesn't support that" is no excuse for some feature missing. They are the devs, if your own egine doesn't support something -- implement it.

I have a CS degree and I know, that pathfinding and basic AI are not that easy -- but they're also not that difficult.

The game went through the production hell, that's the only substantial reason why there are a lot of handicaps and the game looks like a patchwork. But that's not a reson to leave it so.

Fixing the damn CRASHES....FOR REAL!

1.2 did nothing to me on PS5 in fact it made the game crash even more often...

It is amazing an entire section in the patch notes about fixing crashes and the game crashed on me 4 times in 2 hours. I mean...

Guys, "engine doesn't support that" is no excuse for some feature missing. They are the devs, if your own egine doesn't support something -- implement it.

I have a CS degree and I know, that pathfinding and basic AI are not that easy -- but they're also not that difficult.

The game went through the production hell, that's the only substantial reason why there are a lot of handicaps and the game looks like a patchwork. But that's not a reson to leave it so.
That if "the engine doesn't support it,implement it" is the equivalent to say that Windows 10 is Windows 95 patched(since you have a CS,look at the kernel).

NPCs in this game will never have a realistic routine, as in Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, simply because every NPC roaming the streets is randomly generated on the spot. They get spawned and despawned all the time, so the most they can do is to repeat the same basic action over and over (walking 40 meters back and forth, smoking, etc). It's just the way the game engine works. Maybe the devs will make small improvements on NPCs behavior over time, but we'll never get to see what most people want to see regarding AI of NPCs and cars in this game. It's the same reason why car chases happen very rarely, and when they do happen, they are bugged as hell.

Honestly, people still asking for car chases, realistic cops & NPCs behavior and day and night routines in this game, should simply let it go, or at least temper expectations. Have fun with the game, and ask the devs to fix and improve on things that can actually be done without rebuilding the game engine from scratch. Yes, things were said during early promotion of the game, we all know that, "they lied to us", broken promises and all that jazz... But the game's been out for a while now, people should really understand now we are NEVER going to see these things in this game. Maybe next year, with big expansions starting to roll out, but i wouldn't hold my breath until Cyberpunk 2, since expansions will still be based upon the same version of REDengine.

So, what do i expect from 1.3? Other bug fixes, Quality of Life improvements, rebalancing on difficulty, and FIX THOSE PERKS for God's sake. And i really, REALLY hope they try and find a more elegant solution to the rendering of cars in the distance, because those 2D sprites look like something from 8-bit era. I already like the game in its current form, i just hope to see things improved here and there, and i have no doubt the game will get better with every future patch and update.

Actually almost no one asks for full daily routine of NPCs. Majority of players expects diversified behavior of generated NPCs and making entire spawn process barely noticeable for Players.

At this moment automated generation of AI Cars & NPCs is extremely buggy. It makes gameplay annoying as it destroys the immersion, it is not 1990s anymore and assuming that there is nothing wrong with current system indicates a really low expectations. It is a flagship product.

Same applies to cloned responses of NPCs.

Another bug I noticed today - AI cars often stop without any reason on highways.

Guest 4400165

They're actually more advanced in F3/F4/TES. They have daily routines and run away when gunfire starts.

While I agree that this game is not a GTA, it still has to posses some basic level of AI to support immersion.

No advanced police chases nor shop robbery, but more complex routines for NPCs, animated food consuming, basic interactivity with friendly NPCs -- all of this can be done without an engine overhaul.
Do they really? I disagree and invite you to load up one of those games and follow them. It's the same walk from point A to point B, do what's scripted, return home, sleep, repeat in all of them. Unless it's constant chair testing.
You didn't notice that, because a) that's the point to give an impression they're have complex behaviour and daily routines; b) you're not supposed to follow them, because it falls apart quickly.

Animated food consumption? In Sleeping Dogs they kinda detailed it, but all I thought is "hm, neat" and forgot about it immediately.
It doesn't matter, man. And in the games you mentioned there is no animated food consumption, so why CDPR has to add it? That's my point here - why people demand all this stuff from the devs, when it adds virtually nothing and other games don't have those features? Would be cool to have all that, but when you think about it - it's not needed.

I disagree and invite you to load up one of those games and follow them. It's the same walk from point A to point B, do what's scripted, return home, sleep, repeat in all of them.
Did you play a different F3/F4/TES version or what? They have daily routines instead of spawn-walk-despawn. They sleep, get up, go to their scripted place and stand/trade/do something. Then they go to bed.

That's not impressive, but that's definitely more than CP2077 does. CP2077 NPCs don't have any cycle at all, they only do a single or two of scripted actions.
Animated food consumption? In Sleeping Dogs they kinda detailed it, but all I thought is "hm, neat"
It's not about what you thought, it's about immersion which was the main PR feature. CP2077 has got a lot of mini dialogues between NPCs, it would be more interesting to sit down somewhere and drink/eat instead of simply standing close. Ideally, during trading there is also shouldn't be an inventory window at all, with a seamless animated exchange instead.

Gimmick? Maybe. But my points are:
That's my point here - why people demand all this stuff from the devs, when it adds virtually nothing and other games don't have those features? Would be cool to have all that, but when you think about it - it's not needed.
- The stuff actually does add something
- The devs are not able to do something more substantial, so let them do something simple
These are lesser things CDPR can do to make the game better. I doubt that they will completely overhaul hacking or make a KCD-like simulated sandbox, so let them implement something they 100% can.

Subjectively, I'm seeing more advanced driving AI (obstacle avoiding, police spawning in cars), extended NPC cycles (more actions in queue and smarter spawn/despawn), extended animations (food, implant install) and some simple hangout activities with friendly/romanced NPCs as a bare minimum before calling the game finished.

Last edited:
What i expect from patch 1.3?

A playable immersive game experience where i dont have to look at npcs/cars/guns/v load as im playing. Im still walking into npcs that have unrendered blurry faces.

No more crashes, im still crashing about once every 2-3 hours on ps4.

A lot of people are talking about npc behaviour and police and things to do in the city. I think these should be looked at too ( they should have a police system similar to GTA or not bothered at all)
There should be minigames and ability to eat/Drink etc generally more ability to interact with the environment but they are less important in my opinion than basic things that are needing fixed. Maybe they could do a dlc on those.

I would also like them to make it so that you have to meet or be introduced to a fixer prior to be bombarded with phone calls by them. Its not very immersive or rpglike to getting cold called. What happened to exploration or discovering these people by yourself?

- I'd like a better cover system where you press a button and go into cover and another button to switch covers.

- I want missions from all the gangs in night city and not just 2 or 3..more like 10+ and have it like fallout where the gang you are helping won't attack you but rival gangs will.

- I want customizable apartments or houses and more activities to do in them..like having virtual glasses to practice shooting..working arcades..wall art..and maybe a few pet choices.

- A fight club..do more fights around the city for money and items.

- Bounty hunter/hitman missions sent to you on your computer.

- More joytoys and actual strippers in the strip clubs.. not dudes in coats and jeans dancing.

- more tattoos and for all your individual body parts.

I know this really isn't patch stuff..more like updates..but this is what I like to see..I do enjoy the game and its is getting better for me and I won't play it anymore till the ps5 version comes out.

Still problem with Neoprene Diving Suit / Quest Items after 1.2 patch

> I have the same problem being unable to remove Neoprene Diving Suit so I cannot complete mainstory quest The Heist.
It requires to wear a Militech Suit but get error message Action Blocked when trying. I explored the world as low level character before following mainstory quests so dont have access to quest "Pyramid Song" or "Sweet Dreams". Have tried alot of things recommended by players, including try unequip in safe-house and visited joytoy for cutscenes that can resolved it. Please fix this bugg so I can complete the mainstory.

Still problem with Neoprene Diving Suit / Quest Items after 1.2 patch

> I have the same problem being unable to remove Neoprene Diving Suit so I cannot complete mainstory quest The Heist.
It requires to wear a Militech Suit but get error message Action Blocked when trying. I explored the world as low level character before following mainstory quests so dont have access to quest "Pyramid Song" or "Sweet Dreams". Have tried alot of things recommended by players, including try unequip in safe-house and visited joytoy for cutscenes that can resolved it. Please fix this bugg so I can complete the mainstory.
How did you get the suit BEFORE The Heist?, if you used some mod/exploit to explore the world probably you broke something and its not a bug from the game and you should restart from a save before breaking it.

You were sure that the latest patch will contain car chases. Because it's so easy to implement this feature, right?

Please, notice what happens if V tries to call his vehicle in some complex enviroment... Observe NC traffic... Pay attention to what happens when you ride as a passenger with some other character behind the wheel...

You might come to some interesting conclusions.

You do not have to believe me. You will find out if I am right in the next few months.
The police can chase V, it's just very buggy at the moment. They already have to be in a car when you aggro them. Too close they get out and shoot at V, and too far they won't chase.

I'm still waiting for the roleplaying fix. I'm waiting for my game story choices to have an impact on the story. I'm still waiting for the RPG. So far, even after a good patch 1.2, and the patch is really good, I'm not ready to go back. I need more immersion in the process,more RPGs in Cyberpunk. And if that happens, I'll spend all my free time in Cyberpunk. I want CP2077 to be important to me,just like Mass Effect trilogy once was. I hope CDPR can do it

I'm still waiting for the roleplaying fix. I'm waiting for my game story choices to have an impact on the story. I'm still waiting for the RPG. So far, even after a good patch 1.2, and the patch is really good, I'm not ready to go back. I need more immersion in the process,more RPGs in Cyberpunk. And if that happens, I'll spend all my free time in Cyberpunk. I want CP2077 to be important to me,just like Mass Effect trilogy once was. I hope CDPR can do it
Story choices aren't gonna change with patches. Patches are supposed to fix things, not to expand the story or give more choices and consequences within the existing story. These are things that you can maybe expect from major DLCs and expansions, but we'll have to wait until next year for those.

Top Bottom